Kenny Rogers dead at 81

That is sad. He was a great entertainer. He will always be known as the “Gambler”. My prayers got out too his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an alibi.

Ive got friends who will swear we were playing poker.

Ruby was the one that made him a star. That put his name in front of The First Edition.
Then the ‘fast pickin’, fun strummin’’ guitar course commercial.
RIP

“You either do what everyone else is doing and you do it better, or you do what no one else is doing and you don’t invite comparison...And I chose that way because I could never be better than Johnny Cash or Willie or Waylon at what they did. So I found something that I could do that didn’t invite comparison to them. And I think people thought it was my desire to change country music. But that was never my intention”

Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, should get at least some credit for being pioneers of a more modern blend of rockabilly called country rock.

RIP !

Appreciate a performer who didn't dabble in politics, didn't try to insult half his audience, and just put out quality music.

The last concert I was at stateside was at a "theater" in Ft Liquordale Floridastan, back when it was nice....maybe 1990 or so. It was Kenny and he was basically chillin with the crowd. They even had liquor bars set up and plates of cheese and Swedish meatballs and stuff for free. A girl asked to sing with him and he brought her right up on stage and did a couple with her as chorus. Gave her a hug and she went back to the table elated. Nice dude
Momentary geezer fade. They sung Margaritaville ala Buffet

Forum List

Back