Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

You liberals are evil in your celebration of this political prisoner's imprisonment.
It's not political, she's breaking the law, and now in jail where she belongs for doing so...
It's political. We know who is on what side here. America has jailed a political prisoner..a Christian. Obama has declared war on Christians and is no different than ISIS.

I wonder what will happen when a priest refuses to marry gays? As for this gal, I tend to agree, you work for the government, this is your job... what happens thought when they try this in the private sector? And they will, bet your ass that's next up. I wonder if the "separation of church and state" nutters will be crying when the state meddles in the affairs of the church?
The state can't meddle in church affairs regarding weddings. Church may or may not perform ceremonies as they please.

For now.

She isn't denying them anything other than a license from her. They can always get one.....They just have to get into their cars and drive to another county.
how can you claim that she isn't denying them and then point out that she is in fact denying them?
doublethink?
Easy. She gave them other options. Probably gave them directions as well. At the end of the day, they can still get married.
what gives her the right to decide who does and does not receive county services?
She does not keep the same sex couples from getting licenses. She just refuses to be the one that signs it.
When liberals say that gays are denied their "right" to marry, they mean that the faggots are too stupid to realize the state has more than one county.

As for this woman, she is within her rights to defy an illegitimate law.
Why would you have to leave your home county to get married? That's fascist.

I wonder what will happen when a priest refuses to marry gays? As for this gal, I tend to agree, you work for the government, this is your job... what happens thought when they try this in the private sector? And they will, bet your ass that's next up. I wonder if the "separation of church and state" nutters will be crying when the state meddles in the affairs of the church?
The state can't meddle in church affairs regarding weddings. Church may or may not perform ceremonies as they please.

For now.
No, forever. A church doesn't have to accept members that don't follow their doctrine and doesn't have to marry non-members, period.

You can pretend all you want that this is some kind of slippery slope but it simply is not.

Apparently this warrior in God's army may be more flawed than the people she is choosing to moralize on. It seems she has been married four times, had adulterous relationships that resulted in children born out of wedlock. Now here she is passing judgement on those who wish to marry and is acting in violation of the law.
What an imbicile. I would hope that those supporting her would re- examine that support.

TRUE: Kim Davis Has Been Married Four Times

I hope their are prayer vigils outside the jail with thousands of their knees praying for the restoration our our first amendment rights to worship and practice our religion without government interference.

Apparently this warrior in God's army may be more flawed than the people she is choosing to moralize on. It seems she has been married four times, had adulterous relationships that resulted in children born out of wedlock. Now here she is passing judgement on those who wish to marry and is acting in violation of the law.
What an imbicile. I would hope that those supporting her would re- examine that support.

That was before she became a Christian. Non issue for God.

For now.
No, forever. A church doesn't have to accept members that don't follow their doctrine and doesn't have to marry non-members, period.

You can pretend all you want that this is some kind of slippery slope but it simply is not.

Nah, they will just go after their tax exempt status, and anything else than can to punish them.

"Rumor around Morehead has it that one of her ex-husbands might have left her for a man. Is that true?" lol

You liberals are evil in your celebration of this political prisoner's imprisonment.
It's not political, she's breaking the law, and now in jail where she belongs for doing so...
It's political. We know who is on what side here. America has jailed a political prisoner..a Christian. Obama has declared war on Christians and is no different than ISIS.
in no way shape or form is the idiot a political prisoner.

For now.

Nah, they will just go after their tax exempt status, and anything else than can to punish them.
They shouldn't have tax exempt status for many reasons, the main one is that it violates the 1st amendment.

For now.

They shouldn't have tax exempt status for many reasons, the main one is that it violates the 1st amendment.

How so?

Ah....civil disobedience is just so sweet when it's a white person, isn't it?

it's right up there with how MLK did his, let the system arrest you to show the injustice of the system.

MLK wasn't getting paid by government for what he did, and was working to stop segregation, not enforce it like she is.

Its a comparison of methods, not of reasons or circumstances.
when mlk was arrested it was showing the injustice in the system. she's getting arrested because she's denying people their rights - she is the injustice

If marriage is a right, then anyone can marry.

No??????

WTF!!!!

Consenting adults.

Yes.

MYOB

I hope their are prayer vigils outside the jail with thousands of their knees praying for the restoration our our first amendment rights to worship and practice our religion without government interference.
she has the right to worship and practice her religion without interference. her rights end when they begin to infringe on the rights of others.

how can you claim that she isn't denying them and then point out that she is in fact denying them?
doublethink?
Easy. She gave them other options. Probably gave them directions as well. At the end of the day, they can still get married.
Doesnt work like that. If she offers anyone licenses she has to offer all. Thats why she is in the pokey now.
it doesn't really work like that either. she can't deny licenses to everyone just so gays won't get them.
Well....we want Obama to enforce immigration laws and he refuses.....So fuck it.
see, that's just ignorant. he isn't enforcing the law the way you would like him too, but it is dishonest to claim our laws aren't being enforced.
If you think Obama and Holder are enforcing the immigration laws of this country, you are a complete fool. They are thumbing their noses at the laws of the land.

For now.

Hate groups shouldn't have tax free status.

But they do.

She isn't denying them anything other than a license from her. They can always get one.....They just have to get into their cars and drive to another county.
doublethink?
what gives her the right to decide who does and does not receive county services?
She does not keep the same sex couples from getting licenses. She just refuses to be the one that signs it.
When liberals say that gays are denied their "right" to marry, they mean that the faggots are too stupid to realize the state has more than one county.

You should go visit her in prison and tell her that

:rofl:

doublethink?

Why would you have to leave your home county to get married? That's fascist.
She broke the law. I respect her non violent protest. Civil disobedience. But...she went too far with breaking the law.
She broke an illegitimate law. She broke a law that violated her religious liberty.
the office of county clerk does not have religious beliefs.
Uh, yea.

The rest of us are talking about a woman.

Forum List

Back