Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

Looks like the cross groveling yahoos are being taken to the woodshed once again
When same sex faggots can do the following, I'll accept same sex marriage.

Genesis 1:28
Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Genesis 1:28.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition
huh. didn't realize god wrote our marriage laws.
Now you know, Heathen.

Looks like the cross groveling yahoos are being taken to the woodshed once again

Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Genesis 1:28.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I confess that I am a little rusty on the Bible, but doesn't this verse blessing them, and telling them to be fruitful come after he condemned them to death, and threw them out of the Garden of Eden, for having sex?

same sex couples have the right to get married. she's denying them that right.
what you said, as incoherent as it was, does not change that.
She isn't denying them anything other than a license from her. They can always get one.....They just have to get into their cars and drive to another county.
how can you claim that she isn't denying them and then point out that she is in fact denying them?
doublethink?
Easy. She gave them other options. Probably gave them directions as well. At the end of the day, they can still get married.
Doesnt work like that. If she offers anyone licenses she has to offer all. Thats why she is in the pokey now.
it doesn't really work like that either. she can't deny licenses to everyone just so gays won't get them.
Well....we want Obama to enforce immigration laws and he refuses.....So fuck it.

What you personally accept is irrelevant unless you are gay and want to get married to another gay person.

She has to swear to serve the community equally.

Do you have a copy of her exact oath of office?
I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of .... according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

"best of her ability" is an out, saying that gay marriage isn't in the constitution is an out.

and i positively LOVE that they still keep the duel thing in there.
Marriage isn't in the constitution at all, that doesn't mean that the laws don't have to be applied equally to those who are "granted" the right to get married. Not seeing how best of her ability is an out.

Her oath is to the constitution of the US and the State. don't see how she violates those, considering she isn't taking an oath to follow the SC.
The way the constitution works is that laws must be applied equally. That's what the equal protection law is all about. Outlawing SSM was never constitutional.

She isn't denying them anything other than a license from her. They can always get one.....They just have to get into their cars and drive to another county.
how can you claim that she isn't denying them and then point out that she is in fact denying them?
doublethink?
Easy. She gave them other options. Probably gave them directions as well. At the end of the day, they can still get married.
Doesnt work like that. If she offers anyone licenses she has to offer all. Thats why she is in the pokey now.
it doesn't really work like that either. she can't deny licenses to everyone just so gays won't get them.
Well....we want Obama to enforce immigration laws and he refuses.....So fuck it.
Doesnt matter what you want. Thats why she is the pokey and Obama is not.

I confess that I am a little rusty on the Bible, but doesn't this verse blessing them, and telling them to be fruitful come after he condemned them to death, and threw them out of the Garden of Eden, for having sex?
Garden of Eden

It was the garden of eatin' an the sermon on the mounting

I just hope to hell that He doesn't change His mind again!

For lying, Rusty.

What you personally accept is irrelevant unless you are gay and want to get married to another gay person.
I guess that disqualifies me. Shit!

doublethink?
see, that's just ignorant. he isn't enforcing the law the way you would like him too, but it is dishonest to claim our laws aren't being enforced.

DAMN! We are all condemned to die because Adam and Eve told a lie? Man, this puts a whole new perspective on the time I fed my broccoli to my dog under the table, but told my mother that I had eaten it!

Garden of Eden

It was the garden of eatin' an the sermon on the mounting
WETSU

She has to swear to serve the community equally.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of .... according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

"best of her ability" is an out, saying that gay marriage isn't in the constitution is an out.

Marriage isn't in the constitution at all, that doesn't mean that the laws don't have to be applied equally to those who are "granted" the right to get married. Not seeing how best of her ability is an out.

Her oath is to the constitution of the US and the State. don't see how she violates those, considering she isn't taking an oath to follow the SC.
By the way, she also takes this oath:

"I, —————, do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of ————— County Circuit Court clerk, according to the best of my skill and judgment, making the due entries and records of all orders, judgments, decrees, opinions and proceedings of the court, and carefully filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come to my possession by virtue of my office; and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

she can't claim that gay marriage is not constitutional - the supreme court ruled the right was guaranteed by the 14th amendment.

and i don't think that she can claim that the best of her abilities only allows her to sign her name on some marriage licenses.

If you think the SC is overstepping its bounds, you sure as hell can think it isn't constitutional. I have a right to keep and bear arms, and NYC had decided I don't. I don't see progressives going apeshit over that.
she can think it, but she'd be wrong. she is not the arbiter of what is and is not constitutional, that job belongs to the supreme court.

The arbiter has been doing a piss poor job for 3 decades now.

By the way, she also takes this oath:

"I, —————, do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of ————— County Circuit Court clerk, according to the best of my skill and judgment, making the due entries and records of all orders, judgments, decrees, opinions and proceedings of the court, and carefully filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come to my possession by virtue of my office; and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

Well she might have a problem with that one a bit more. less wiggle room.

I wonder what will happen when a priest refuses to marry gays? As for this gal, I tend to agree, you work for the government, this is your job... what happens thought when they try this in the private sector? And they will, bet your ass that's next up. I wonder if the "separation of church and state" nutters will be crying when the state meddles in the affairs of the church?

I wonder what will happen when a priest refuses to marry gays? As for this gal, I tend to agree, you work for the government, this is your job... what happens thought when they try this in the private sector? And they will, bet your ass that's next up. I wonder if the "separation of church and state" nutters will be crying when the state meddles in the affairs of the church?
The state can't meddle in church affairs regarding weddings. Church may or may not perform ceremonies as they please.

A church can turn people away all damn day long, but not a country clerk. Her ass works for us, not God.

same sex couples have the right to get married. she's denying them that right.
what you said, as incoherent as it was, does not change that.
doublethink?
what gives her the right to decide who does and does not receive county services?
She does not keep the same sex couples from getting licenses. She just refuses to be the one that signs it.
When liberals say that gays are denied their "right" to marry, they mean that the faggots are too stupid to realize the state has more than one county.

As for this woman, she is within her rights to defy an illegitimate law.

Forum List

Back