Kentucky Derby

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
About ten minutes to go.

Bets down on Irish War Cry and McCracken.

Who have you bet on?

You know what would be an interesting race to watch? A Tour de France winner and the winner of the Kentucky Derby.

Winners of the Kentucky Derby generally average 30 mph, and the fastest Tour de France stage was done at an average of 52 kmph.

Would be interesting to see who would win, man or horse.

You know what would be an interesting race to watch? A Tour de France winner and the winner of the Kentucky Derby.

Winners of the Kentucky Derby generally average 30 mph, and the fastest Tour de France stage was done at an average of 52 kmph.

I think they should have the horses fight

that would depend on the length of the track, an whether the bike rider was allowed to build up a head of steam.

I doubt from a standing start, the horse would lose if it were to be Derby length or shorter

Well, it depends on the length of the race and the surface.

That would be interesting. Assuming you would allow the horse to run on the dirt track, you would have to make a road track just inside the rail. Then to account for the shorter distance, the biker would have to start a bit further back so they could have the same finish line. I think the pro biker would win. Those guys over a short distance like a mile can do well over 40 mph no problem. No horse can do that.

How 'bout make the race be between a guy on a bicycle and a cheetah. If the guy on the bike wins, he lives. If the cheetah wins, he gets a meal.

How 'bout make the race be between a guy on a bicycle and a cheetah. If the guy on the bike wins, he lives. If the cheetah wins, he gets a meal.
Give the guy a quarter mile head start and pistol with one round to shoot himself with if he loses.

Let them both start from the gate by lengthening the hardened trail to the gate. My money is on the horse at the first turn.

Forum List

Back