Kevin McCarthy Was Going to ASK TRUMP TO RESIGN After Jan 6th Insurrection

1650668433535.png

I don’t much follow these nonsense debates over exactly how to define Jan. 6th. Was it an “insurrection”? Hard to be an insurrection against the government when Trump was still the President! But Ewan McMullin is correct here, and this is a good article, at least to me.

Sunsettommy is using words to twist reality. Jan. 6th was clearly a part of Trump’s brazen effort to stop the legal count of legitimate electoral votes and throw the presidential selection to the Republican House, where voting would be by states — which would guarantee success to Trump’s autogolpe.

His vehement protest that he opposed Trump’s activities, while fiercely denouncing the characterization of Jan. 6th as “an insurrection,” thus seems only a clever argument over definitions to mitigate what Trump did — try to stop the legitimate and duly elected Biden team from taking power.

Yet just about all the other leftists in the forum can't produce any Insurrection charges after 1 1/2 years of investigating and the FBI says they can't find any Insurrection to charge anyone, and the DOJ hasn't posted Insurrection charges which never gets countered by YOU and the dead-on arrival replies by WJB doesn't either.

I have many times opposed Trump election theft claims after the SCOTUS dropped the Multi states lawsuit on December 12, 2019, I have disagreed with his stupid idea that Pence can change the ballots as well all spelled out in the threads last year.

I haven't mitigated anything since Biden is the CERTIFIED President since January 6, 2020.

The Times reported, "Representative Kevin McCarthy, the House Republican leader, told G.O.P. lawmakers in the days after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol that former President Donald J. Trump acknowledged that he bore “some responsibility” for what happened that day, new audio revealed.

"The audio obtained by The New York Times that emerged on Friday is part of a series of new revelations about Republican leaders’ private condemnations of Mr. Trump in the days after his supporters stormed the Capitol as part of an effort to stop the certification of electoral votes for Joseph R. Biden Jr.

"The Times on Thursday reported that Mr. McCarthy told Republicans he planned to urge Mr. Trump to resign. In an audio clip obtained by The Times of a call with Republican lawmakers, Mr. McCarthy said he would tell Mr. Trump of the impeachment resolution: “I think this will pass, and it would be my recommendation [that] you should resign.”

"In that phone call, on Jan. 10, 2021, Mr. McCarthy was sharply critical of Mr. Trump."

“I’ve had it with this guy,” Mr. McCarthy said in another audio clip obtained by The Times. “What he did is unacceptable. Nobody can defend that, and nobody should defend it.”

The Post reveals "House Republicans are still waiting for a firm statement from Trump, according to multiple GOP aides, on how to determine whether they should still back McCarthy as their leader and potential speaker if the GOP regains the majority in the November election."

In other words, Trump will decide McCarthy's status. Trump is a private citizen. He has no role in government.

How does Trump get away with it? Why does this man have so much power and influence?

The answer lies with the Republican Party as a whole.

The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. Those voters are mostly farmers and rural shopkeepers. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth, otherwise known as gossip.

Most of them do not have a computer. Some do not have a television, and, if they do, they don't spend much time watching it. Farming and ranching is not a eight hour job. It's more like an 18-hour job.

The vast majority of Trump followers are low income. No one knows why they support Trump because they won't tell us. They won't tell us because they don't know why they support Trump. They prefer talking about Joe Biden and Kamala Harris instead. A few attempt to tell us about Trump, but they immediately venture into fantasy, and Jan. 6 is off limits.

Put a different way, Trump's followers are losers. It only makes sense that they would support a loser.

By way of providing an example of that analysis, Trump's followers will not respond to the issues of this report. That is partly due to the fact that most are not bright enough to be active on an internet political forum.

Yet just about all the other leftists in the forum can't produce any Insurrection charges after 1 1/2 years of investigating and the FBI says they can't find any Insurrection to charge anyone, and the DOJ hasn't posted Insurrection charges which never gets countered by YOU and the dead-on arrival replies by WJB doesn't either.

I have many times opposed Trump election theft claims after the SCOTUS dropped the Multi states lawsuit on December 12, 2019, I have disagreed with his stupid idea that Pence can change the ballots as well all spelled out in the threads last year.

I haven't mitigated anything since Biden is the CERTIFIED President since January 6, 2020.
Well, you deserve credit for opposing what Trump did! I am happy to give you that credit, Sunsettommy.

I couldn’t care less that no “insurrection charges” were brought against the Jan. 6 invaders of Congress. Personally I have no interest whatever in trying to “prove” those lunatics who invaded Congress were “legally” conscious insurrectionists. How does one “insurrect” against a government whose President one supports? I leave all that to the prosecutors, judges, juries and lawyers to work out.

I’ve made it crystal clear what I think the nature of Trump’s political conspiracy was, and I think it should totally disqualify him from holding office ever again. I think the fools who helped him by invading Congress to stop the electoral count should be punished, as they are being, for the many specific and varied crimes they committed.

You did not support those actions that Trump took which you criticize, but you do seem to “mitigate” the seriousness of them. To me it seems you don’t want to consider the danger they and Trump himself represents to our Republic.

Last edited:
"McCarthy is the most elite fundraiser in the history of the GOP" - Gaetz

will that help his cause?

Well, you deserve credit for opposing what Trump did! I am happy to give you that credit, Sunsettommy.

I couldn’t care less that no “insurrection charges” were brought against the Jan. 6 invaders of Congress. Personally I have no interest whatever in trying to “prove” those lunatics who invaded Congress were “legally” conscious insurrectionists. How does one “insurrect” against a government whose President one supports? I leave all that to the prosecutors, judges, juries and lawyers to work out.

I’ve made it crystal clear what I think the nature of Trump’s political conspiracy was, and I think it should totally disqualify him from holding office ever again. I think the fools who helped him by invading Congress to stop the electoral count should be punished, as they are being, for the many specific and varied crimes they committed.

You did not support those actions that Trump took which you criticize, but you do seem to “mitigate” the seriousness of them. To me it seems you don’t want to consider the danger they and Trump himself represents to our Republic.

What danger to the Republic?

I see them getting beaten down hard in courts, many have been arrested with charges and the few small right wing groups being profoundly discredited for any connections to the Capital building.

Trump lost everywhere he went after he left the White House over his never ending I was robbed claims to point that I want this jack ass to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Meanwhile the sham impeachments and the Russia Election collusion claims were blatantly partisan attacks that was endangering the Republic because they were running on an ocean of lies against him disrupting his time in office Trump was being fucked time again during his 4 years.

I think you are trying too hard to find the pearl under a rock.

I don’t much follow these nonsense debates over exactly how to define Jan. 6th. Was it an “insurrection”? Hard to be an insurrection against the government when Trump was still the President! But Ewan McMullin is correct here, and this is a good article, at least to me.

Sunsettommy is using words to twist reality. Jan. 6th was clearly a part of Trump’s brazen effort to stop the legal count of legitimate electoral votes and throw the presidential selection to the Republican House, where voting would be by states — which would guarantee success to Trump’s autogolpe.

His vehement protest that he opposed Trump’s activities, while fiercely denouncing the characterization of Jan. 6th as “an insurrection,” thus seems only a clever argument over definitions to mitigate what Trump did — try to stop the legitimate and duly elected Biden team from taking power.
Yes, it is a nonsense debate. I don't know why that idiot Sunsettommy is so obsessed with how the FBI or DOJ defines Jan 6.

Jan 6 was an attempt by Republicans to overrule the will of the voters, pure and simple. It doesn't matter what you call it, but I call it a coup. The 147 Republican traitors who voted on the night of Jan 6 to overturn Biden's victory concern me a lot more than the traitor Trumpster imbeciles who attacked the Capitol.

And if the Republicans take over Congress in Jan 2023, it will happen again. If the Democrat presidential nominee somehow wins in Nov 2024 (despite all of the voter suppression laws and corrupt Trumpster election officials), then the Republicans are going to use their House majority to attempt to steal the election from the Democrat presidential nominee.

What will Biden do about it? What will the military do about it? That's the big question.

Yes, it is a nonsense debate. I don't know why that idiot Sunsettommy is so obsessed with how the FBI or DOJ defines Jan 6.

Jan 6 was an attempt by Republicans to overrule the will of the voters, pure and simple. It doesn't matter what you call it, but I call it a coup. The 147 Republican traitors who voted on the night of Jan 6 to overturn Biden's victory concern me a lot more than the traitor Trumpster imbeciles who attacked the Capitol.

And if the Republicans take over Congress in Jan 2023, it will happen again. If the Democrat presidential nominee somehow wins in Nov 2024 (despite all of the voter suppression laws and corrupt Trumpster election officials), then the Republicans are going to use their House majority to attempt to steal the election from the Democrat presidential nominee.

What will Biden do about it? What will the military do about it? That's the big question.
Completely nutty wing nut. ^^^

The BLM protests were based on a real issue -- police brutality.

Jan 6 was based on a bullshit lie about the 2020 election. Plus, 147 Republican traitors in Congress voted to overturn the election on Jan 6.

There is no comparison, except for lightweights such as yourself.

Forum List

Back