Key inflation gauge watched by the Federal Reserve hits another 30-year high

I'll never complain about that. Debt free and you can kiss my sorry azz all the way to the county tax assessment office. Sucker.

The point is that rates are low. Dummy.
Rates are artificially low. And that has many negative effects. MANY.
It helps you with saving money on your house payment, but utterly destroys your ability to save money, and continuously erodes the value of what money you have saved.

Rates are artificially low. And that has many negative effects. MANY.
It helps you with saving money on your house payment, but utterly destroys your ability to save money, and continuously erodes the value of what money you have saved.
Then the Dollar is shit and we are all going to a Dumpster In The Sky.

Then the Dollar is shit and we are all going to a Dumpster In The Sky.
Well consider

In 1977, a union employed skilled labor made about $10/hr.
A decent car cost about $5000.
Today... that same laborer makes approx. $19/hr. Almost double what was made then.
However that same car now cost about $23,000. Almost 5 times the cost.
A 3 bdrm average home in 1977 - about $25,000.
Today - $300,000

You tell me.
You think we are winning??

Well consider

Today... that same laborer makes approx. $19/hr. Almost double what was made then.
Today - $300,000

You tell me.
Post your source.

And yeah, I get what you are saying. Since Reagan, the middle class in America has been shafted.

Post your source.

And yeah, I get what you are saying. Since Reagan, the middle class in America has been shafted.
1977 Malibu Classic (Basic Model).... MSRP - $4,250

2021 Ford Fusion S (Basic Model)... MSRP - $23,170

Journeyman wages July 1978... $11.05/hr Nat avg. I said $10, because that is what my father made at GM back then.

Journeyman wages 2019... $22.93 Again, around here it is $19... 22.93 is nat avg.

Well consider

Today - $300,000

You tell me.
Just addressing the car prices for now: A 1977 Honda Civic cost about $2,700 new. It included disc brakes, and optional A/C and am/fm radio. And it took leaded gasoline.
That same exact car would cost about $6,000 now, although it wouldn’t meet current safety or emissions standards.

Add in all the features a modern Civic has and that easily gets you from $6,000 to $23,000
Apartments and houses also tend to be larger, have A/C, and don’t have lead paint or asbestos.
My point is that things cost so much more now because the quality for many things and standard of living have gone up. (Yes the quality of many other things has gone down.

When the Fed and the gov't tells you inflation is merely transitory, do you believe them? Why? They've pretty much lied to us all along, and when the economic numbers and indicators turn negative they just adjust the formulas and algorythms so it doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing we heard the same shit back in the 70s when inflation took off.

1633711680114.png

The point is that rates are low. Dummy.
The inflation rate is not low

Its a 30-year high and maybe not finished going up yet

Thanks biden

Thanks vax nazis

Thanks libs who want to pay people for not working

Americans are starting to think, but they dream of taking away billions, instead of taking away the means of production.

Forum List

Back