🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids and Restaurants.....

Their biz their rules. If they can't keep their mouths shut they shouldn't be in public.

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
Scotter Gabel owns Cappy's Pizzeria in suburban Tampa, Florida.
He says he had a problem with parents letting their kids get out of control.
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
Others say it's a little heavy handed.
What do you say?

Restaurant: Keep kids quiet or get kicked out

Kids are kids. If the parents are ignoring their brats, then yes, make them leave, but if they are trying to comfort the kid and the kid won't have any of it, what then?

Take the misbehaving kid OUT and don't bring him/her back.

Vox is probably one of those parents who don't control their brat(s).
Bottom line is that, if the child/children is/are too young to be easily controlled, stay at home and cook a meal, or order out, or a radical thought, have a family member, or friend watch the kid, or hire a sitter. I've heard people say that they can't afford a sitter. If that's the truth, then you shouldn't be eating out in the first place, but rather, eating at home and saving what money you do have.

You don't know shit about vox, so stfu.

Sorry mdiver. That was rude of me.

Just sayin'...you don't know about someone via message board, or their parenting skills. This isn't about her anyway. It is about kids misbehaving in a place their parents should have gotten a sitter for.

Sorry mdiver. That was rude of me.

Just sayin'...you don't know about someone via message board, or their parenting skills. This isn't about her anyway. It is about kids misbehaving in a place their parents should have gotten a sitter for.

See? There's what's wrong with society. You were right in standing up for uh... whomever that was (bad memory, sorry). Nothing to apologize for, he was being a presumptuous ass.

But now, society expects us to bow and scrape before everyone else, regardless of how much of a prick they are.

Not necessarily. I could have told him in a different way than telling him to stfu.

Don't mistake my kindess for a weakness. I can get down and dirty but why would I feel good about myself doing that? I wouldn't. I was rude. Totally uncalled for. Just because he was rude himself doesn't make it for me to be the same way.

Not necessarily. I could have told him in a different way than telling him to stfu.

Don't mistake my kindess for a weakness. I can get down and dirty but why would I feel good about myself doing that? I wouldn't. I was rude. Totally uncalled for. Just because he was rude himself doesn't make it for me to be the same way.

It could also be argued that the best way to get one's point across is to relate to people on their own level.

It could also be argued that the best way to get one's point across is to relate to people on their own level.

True...but I don't particularly like to get down in the muck if I can avoid it.:lol:

Well, Vox has certainly not held back.....and I don't blame people for dishing it back to her.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, I say......

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
Scotter Gabel owns Cappy's Pizzeria in suburban Tampa, Florida.
He says he had a problem with parents letting their kids get out of control.
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
Others say it's a little heavy handed.
What do you say?

Restaurant: Keep kids quiet or get kicked out

Kids are kids. If the parents are ignoring their brats, then yes, make them leave, but if they are trying to comfort the kid and the kid won't have any of it, what then?

then the parent should take it outside until its calmed down.....

and if that means dinner is OVER for the parents... then tough on them...get a sitter next time.

Exactly. Or discipline them, disciplined children are good children as a rule.

Bottom line is that, if the child/children is/are too young to be easily controlled, stay at home and cook a meal, or order out, or a radical thought, have a family member, or friend watch the kid, or hire a sitter. I've heard people say that they can't afford a sitter. If that's the truth, then you shouldn't be eating out in the first place, but rather, eating at home and saving what money you do have.

I disagree. Vox is obviously a person who loves children and enjoys their company. She may even have a greater threshold for what she considers "noise" in a restaurant but that does not make Vox a person who parented a brat. Let's be fair.

Parents know their children - what their maturity level is - how well they do in public.. I would take my child to a child friendly restaurant like Show biz pizza or Chuck E Cheese and let him enjoy dinner and a show with his own peers. To be fair when speaking of inappropriate behavior - I have seen far worse behavior from adults who over indulged on the wine menu and then decided the restaurant was their stage for a "loud - rude - sometimes obsene speech" everyone else was trapped hearing! Whether we wanted to hear it or not!

I disagree. Vox is obviously a person who loves children and enjoys their company. She may even have a greater threshold for what she considers "noise" in a restaurant but that does not make Vox a person who parented a brat. Let's be fair.

Parents know their children - what their maturity level is - how well they do in public.. I would take my child to a child friendly restaurant like Show biz pizza or Chuck E Cheese and let him enjoy dinner and a show with his own peers. To be fair when speaking of inappropriate behavior - I have seen far worse behavior from adults who over indulged on the wine menu and then decided the restaurant was their stage for a "loud - rude - sometimes obsene speech" everyone else was trapped hearing! Whether we wanted to hear it or not!

Yeah but the problem is Vox took the smug, self aggrandizing, holier than thou route.

Yeah but the problem is Vox took the smug, self aggrandizing, holier than thou route.

I read the thread. In your opinion. You are thinking of it from your own perspective. Vox has her own opinion. Both are important. The private matter between Vox and Mertex is a separate issue. I'm sure both of them would agree otherwise.

I read the thread. In your opinion. You are thinking of it from your own perspective. Vox has her own opinion. Both are important. The private matter between Vox and Mertex is a separate issue. I'm sure both of them would agree otherwise.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Though I do have to qualify that.
With her initially postings I definitely agree with you but after that, even to me she became dismissive and it went down hill from there, that's when the "fighting" started.

agreed.... and vox may love children until she is blue.... that is her. If she does not mind others misbehaving children... good for her. She cannot speak for others.

others many not love others children as little perfect things and anything they do is just fine.

and as for drunk rude customers.... they are asked/told to leave.

The kids were playing with the flatware? Slip a sharp knife in there. One cut and they'll learn never to play with it again!

slip a sharp knife in there...

and guess who gets sued for the little brats cutting themselves?

I miss having crying unruly kids around.
My babies done growed up. :(

There's always "grandkids".....:)

I'm glad you asked! :D

hunter4.jpg

So cute Mr. H. I love babies.

Forum List

Back