🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids and Restaurants.....

Why do you think drive thru became so popular.

Some restaurants give kids crayons. That helps for about 5 minutes. Lol

Why do you think drive thru became so popular.

Some restaurants give kids crayons. That helps for about 5 minutes. Lol

agreed...they are trying to help parents keep their kids quiet and under control.....

when that does not work..... parents should take their kids out of the restaurant.

Vox is probably one of those parents who don't control their brat(s).
Bottom line is that, if the child/children is/are too young to be easily controlled, stay at home and cook a meal, or order out, or a radical thought, have a family member, or friend watch the kid, or hire a sitter. I've heard people say that they can't afford a sitter. If that's the truth, then you shouldn't be eating out in the first place, but rather, eating at home and saving what money you do have.

I disagree. Vox is obviously a person who loves children and enjoys their company. She may even have a greater threshold for what she considers "noise" in a restaurant but that does not make Vox a person who parented a brat. Let's be fair.

Parents know their children - what their maturity level is - how well they do in public.. I would take my child to a child friendly restaurant like Show biz pizza or Chuck E Cheese and let him enjoy dinner and a show with his own peers. To be fair when speaking of inappropriate behavior - I have seen far worse behavior from adults who over indulged on the wine menu and then decided the restaurant was their stage for a "loud - rude - sometimes obsene speech" everyone else was trapped hearing! Whether we wanted to hear it or not!

Not to mention people talking on their cell phones so loud that eveyone around them is forced to listen to their conversation....I think other people have the right to complain about it.

Vox is probably one of those parents who don't control their brat(s).
Bottom line is that, if the child/children is/are too young to be easily controlled, stay at home and cook a meal, or order out, or a radical thought, have a family member, or friend watch the kid, or hire a sitter. I've heard people say that they can't afford a sitter. If that's the truth, then you shouldn't be eating out in the first place, but rather, eating at home and saving what money you do have.

I disagree. Vox is obviously a person who loves children and enjoys their company. She may even have a greater threshold for what she considers "noise" in a restaurant but that does not make Vox a person who parented a brat. Let's be fair.

Parents know their children - what their maturity level is - how well they do in public.. I would take my child to a child friendly restaurant like Show biz pizza or Chuck E Cheese and let him enjoy dinner and a show with his own peers. To be fair when speaking of inappropriate behavior - I have seen far worse behavior from adults who over indulged on the wine menu and then decided the restaurant was their stage for a "loud - rude - sometimes obsene speech" everyone else was trapped hearing! Whether we wanted to hear it or not!

Not to mention people talking on their cell phones so loud that eveyone around them is forced to listen to their conversation....I think other people have the right to complain about it.

again... feel free to do that crap at chuckie cheese

I don't understand why this is even controversial. A business has a perfect right to set standards of acceptable behavior, especially as regards the comfort and enjoyment of other customers.

If children are well-behaved, wonderful. If not, 86 them and their horrible parents.

Yeah but the problem is Vox took the smug, self aggrandizing, holier than thou route.

I read the thread. In your opinion. You are thinking of it from your own perspective. Vox has her own opinion. Both are important. The private matter between Vox and Mertex is a separate issue. I'm sure both of them would agree otherwise.

Did you read Vox's first post? If you did, you would have noticed that she didn't even try to address the OP....just lashed out with a personal attack. Honestly, how can anyone claim to love children so much and be so damn nasty to people? Nobody is forcing her to agree with the OP, but damn, she doesn't have to show her fangs on her first post. And, there is no private matter between me and Vox....she decided on a personal attack, and I retaliated, it's there for anyone to read.

gosh, what a whiny bitch you are :lol:

Even Disney....bastion of all things children..... understands that children should be kept OUT of fine dining experiences.....

they have been doing this for a good 10+ years now.

The home of Mickey Mouse, Tigger and Tinkerbell has banned kids from its fanciest restaurant.

Disney World bans kids from fancy restaurant - Travel - News | NBC News

Disney knows how to please "all" people....they also provide restaurants that kids will enjoy, so it's not like they don't like children....they just realize that people that don't have children don't really care to be around them when they are dining at an expensive restaurant ......and there's nothing wrong with that.

To me, it isn't surprising because the #1 goal of a business is to attract people, not give them a reason to go somewhere else.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

When I was a child my grand parents would take me to Tar Baby's in North Myrtle Beach. The food is good. I would always have the blackened catfish as an entree and monkey bread for dessert. Excellent!!!

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
Scotter Gabel owns Cappy's Pizzeria in suburban Tampa, Florida.
He says he had a problem with parents letting their kids get out of control.
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
Others say it's a little heavy handed.
What do you say?

Restaurant: Keep kids quiet or get kicked out

Well, if it's not Chuck-E-Cheese or something like it I'm all for it. A business owner has the right to do just that.

Forum List

Back