🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids and Restaurants.....

I miss having crying unruly kids around.
My babies done growed up. :(

There's always "grandkids".....:)

I'm glad you asked! :D

hunter4.jpg

Ya know...I never took my son to a swanky place where I KNEW he would "be a kid". He was a kid, but he didn't misbehave at all. Ever. I had the evil eye, you see. That's all it took.:lol:
So those kids running rampant, screaming, yelling, crying? Don't be angry at them. Be angry at the parent.

It's all in the eye of beholder also.

If somebody is describing the kid which is playing with silverware as extremely disruptive, sorry, the problem is not the kid and even not his parents, but a complainer herself.

There are degrees of misbehave.

And if the restaurant is really upscale - even kids behave there appropriately.
With minor disruptions, but that is not intolerable.

The CHOICE is yours :D

A responsible restaurateur would never place that choice before his patrons.

Nor would civilized parents.

Really? Do you work in the industry?

a responsible restaurateur....puts the comfort of all its patrons into serious consideration.

badly behaving children..... disrupt that comfort.

I suggest you reread my posts if you're going to criticize my opinion, because you clearly have a skewed perspective of what I'm saying.

I guess it all depends on which side of the proverbial fence one is sitting on. Personally...I don't and won't be around screaming kids in a restaurant. In a park? Sure. Their laughter and tantrums are ok. Just not when I seek peace in a place where such darlin's aren't present.
On the other hand, folks like Mr. H miss hearing children being children. Kids being kids don't bother others. Wish I was like that, but alas...no can do. ;)

Nobody is against children........just screaming and unruly kids at "pricey" restaurants.

If a person doesn't mind them at pricey restaurants....fine...that's an individual choice.....but it seems that most people prefer to have an expensive meal in a quiet atmosphere....and restaurants are beginning to take notice.

There are restaurants such as Chuck E Cheese and Cicci's that cater to parents with kids, unruly or not......that's fine.....those that want that kind of atmosphere should go there.

But to get all twisted and contorted like Vox and try to make it about hating children is just plain looney, but then you have to consider the source.

I hope more restaurants put the hammer down on parents who think the restaurant IS the babysitter.

A responsible restaurateur would never place that choice before his patrons.

Nor would civilized parents.

a responsible restaurateur....puts the comfort of all its patrons into serious consideration.

I suggest you reread my posts if you're going to criticize my opinion, because you clearly have a skewed perspective of what I'm saying.

did i criticize you or your opinion?

i asked.... if you worked in the industry to assert what you did.

Uuummmmm, if you read what he posted you'd see he said the same thing you did........ Looked like a criticism/challenge to me. :dunno:

You neither asserted nor asked me to assert. Your question was vague.

You attempted to correct me by reinforcing the very point I was making.

oh get over it.... you will live.

I..... work in the industry

i asserted what a responsible restaurateur would do and think.

Thanks for the argumentative confirmation... I guess? :eusa_eh:

:wtf:

Ya know...I never took my son to a swanky place where I KNEW he would "be a kid". He was a kid, but he didn't misbehave at all. Ever. I had the evil eye, you see. That's all it took.:lol:
So those kids running rampant, screaming, yelling, crying? Don't be angry at them. Be angry at the parent.

It's all in the eye of beholder also.
Really? You don't see a screaming child as a screaming child? You seem to not be able to comprehend the problem being discussed here.

If somebody is describing the kid which is playing with silverware as extremely disruptive, sorry, the problem is not the kid and even not his parents, but a complainer herself.
If you don't think a child banging the silverware on the table is disruptive, then you are the one with the problem, and more reason for restaurants to put their foot down and not let parents bring their children.

There are degrees of misbehave.
Yeah, well, for someone that thinks a child banging silverware on a table is not misbehaving, then you need to stick with Chuck E Cheese and McDonalds.

And if the restaurant is really upscale - even kids behave there appropriately.
Exactly....and screaming and running around the tables is not behaving appropriately, but you are to dense to comprehend that. And, babies don't know the difference between an upscale restaurant and McDonalds....to think that because you take a baby to an upscale restaurant that he is going to behave appropriately is loonier than loon.
With minor disruptions, but that is not intolerable.
Speak for yourself. You don't speak for everyone else....and it appears that more people agree....they don't want their dining out turned into listening to someone else's child screaming their head off.

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
Scotter Gabel owns Cappy's Pizzeria in suburban Tampa, Florida.
He says he had a problem with parents letting their kids get out of control.
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
Others say it's a little heavy handed.
What do you say?

Restaurant: Keep kids quiet or get kicked out

Kids are kids. If the parents are ignoring their brats, then yes, make them leave, but if they are trying to comfort the kid and the kid won't have any of it, what then?

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
What do you say?

Kids are kids. If the parents are ignoring their brats, then yes, make them leave, but if they are trying to comfort the kid and the kid won't have any of it, what then?

Well, the rest of the patrons should have to suffer - take the kid home and don't take him to a restaurant until he is old enough to know how to behave in a restaurant. Take him to McDonalds.....

What do you say?

then the parent should take it outside until its calmed down.....

and if that means dinner is OVER for the parents... then tough on them...get a sitter next time.

What do you say?

Put me down for believing whatever the gal in your avatar believes on this issue. Rawr.

Vox is probably one of those parents who don't control their brat(s).
Bottom line is that, if the child/children is/are too young to be easily controlled, stay at home and cook a meal, or order out, or a radical thought, have a family member, or friend watch the kid, or hire a sitter. I've heard people say that they can't afford a sitter. If that's the truth, then you shouldn't be eating out in the first place, but rather, eating at home and saving what money you do have.

Forum List

Back