Kristol: Independent Candidate on the way!

So do you feel a moderate Republican would draw more from Hillary than from Trump?

I think a moderate of any kind would draw more from the Democratic Party than from the GOP yes, mostly because of alienated Sanders supporters, most (guessing about 60%) of whom would vote Hillary and cant stand Trump. A Jim Web would take those voters from Hillary and some from Trump, but more from the Dems.

What moderate Republican with any stature and hope of remaining in the party would run against the paray's nominee?

I am not certain that Kristol's goal is to unseat the Don, I think he wants a third candidate that could draw the Republicans to the polling booth who feel they can not in any way, support the Don, so to have them at least vote for all of the other Republican candidates in the Senate and the House that are running....

mainly evangelicals...

Evangelicals who would never vote for the Don or Clinton and who would stay home rather than vote for a woman like Hillary or a man like Trump who stands for everything that Christ is against , an antichrist...

If these truly religious people stay home, and don't go out to vote, then all of the down ballot Republican candidates will lose....

Kristol is trying to save the other Republican candidates running, in my opinion....

These people that have committed to not vote for Hillary or for the Don if brought to the polls by a third candidate, would not truly affect the Presidential race, but could be the main factor in winning the down ballot Republican candidate races.

But that strategy risks drawing more Dems to the polls than GOP. While 80% of the GOP voters are OK with Trump, only about 60% are OK with Hillary, so a moderate campaign could end up dragging more Dems to the polls than GOP.

This isnt as simple as gray scale analysis might suggest.

Okay, hold on here. I need this one explained. This has been one of the issues that has made the Trump thing so goddamn confusing (for me, at least).

There was a time, not long ago (18 months?), where both Republicans and conservatives defended Bush's wars pretty passionately. Then along comes Trump calling the wars "stupid" and I see many on the Right becoming almost dovish on war.

What am I missing here? Have these people been holding their tongues this whole time, or have they changed their minds?
1. the Ron Paul effect.

2. the American Conservative movement has long had a wide streak in favor of America First foreign policy that leans a little toward isolationism.

3. Many conservatives supported punitive wars of invasion but opposed remaining to rebuild the nations we defeated. I agree with that analysis; war is hell and losing a war should bring the hellfire not rebuilding.

Cant' believe that zionist neocon piece of shit actually has the chutzpah to make public comments in regards to US presidents.

So when is this candidate supposed to be announced?

I love the headline grabbers when they don't have anything to say....
Just look at the cable or network news stations.
They all rush to the airwaves whenever something happens....
And when they are pressed for information on the airplane crash or latest shooting it's always....
We don't know....
We don't know.
We don't know.

How about having a news conference or third party announcement ...
When you have something to announce....

Keep in mind Crazy Bernie is a kin of "Kristol." That giant fucking mouth with the lower lip just hanging there, drooling.

I am not certain that Kristol's goal is to unseat the Don, I think he wants a third candidate that could draw the Republicans to the polling booth who feel they can not in any way, support the Don, so to have them at least vote for all of the other Republican candidates in the Senate and the House that are running....

mainly evangelicals...

Evangelicals who would never vote for the Don or Clinton and who would stay home rather than vote for a woman like Hillary or a man like Trump who stands for everything that Christ is against , an antichrist...

If these truly religious people stay home, and don't go out to vote, then all of the down ballot Republican candidates will lose....

Kristol is trying to save the other Republican candidates running, in my opinion....

These people that have committed to not vote for Hillary or for the Don if brought to the polls by a third candidate, would not truly affect the Presidential race, but could be the main factor in winning the down ballot Republican candidate races.

But that strategy risks drawing more Dems to the polls than GOP. While 80% of the GOP voters are OK with Trump, only about 60% are OK with Hillary, so a moderate campaign could end up dragging more Dems to the polls than GOP.

This isnt as simple as gray scale analysis might suggest.
Yes, this election cycle is a once in a lifetime event but I don't think a religious, Republican leaning third party candidate will bring more Democrats to the polls...

So do you feel a moderate Republican would draw more from Hillary than from Trump?

I think a moderate of any kind would draw more from the Democratic Party than from the GOP yes, mostly because of alienated Sanders supporters, most (guessing about 60%) of whom would vote Hillary and cant stand Trump. A Jim Web would take those voters from Hillary and some from Trump, but more from the Dems.

What moderate Republican with any stature and hope of remaining in the party would run against the paray's nominee?
Well, the only one that I can see is Romney because he has nothing to lose. You're right, a Republican who ran against Trump is signing their own death certificate politically.

Why won't Kristol name his candidate? Certainly he realizes he is running out of time. Maybe the pompous ass can't find a victim who is willing to commit political suicide. Maybe he thinks it's best to spring the candidate on the republican party when it's too late to do anything about it. Maybe he wants to build up suspense. Kristol's candidate would have to be a political outsider because he could never run as a republican again so that leaves out McCain. I think Romney is the only moderate (left wing) republican who would abandon the party and siphon votes from Trump but there is always the Libertarian pot head who might be too stoned to realize what he is doing.

What do you think about the possibility of it being Jim Webb?
I was a Webb guy for the Democrat ticket, although I wasn't expecting a miracle, and I was very disappointed when he decided not to run indy.

It would actually be a smart move by Kristol & Co., but it would destroy Kristol in GOP circles to play such a transparent game, let alone not run a conservative.

Webb's a guy who would definitely draw some Hillary voters and moderates/independents. I really don't see him being the guy here, though.

Last edited:
Bill Kristol says an Independent Conservative candidate is on the way:

Trump slams 'spoiler' bid after Kristol says independent candidate to run | Fox News

"Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance."

In response, Trump, of course, refers to Kristol as "dummy".

Should Hillary start measuring the drapes at the White House?

"Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance."

Bloomberg-Nader would be a great idea. Really kill Hillary's chances.
Micheal Bloomberg ? Conservative independent ?

Compared to Hillary, sure.
The guy that baned big soda's and spent 50 million of his own money for gun contro? No one with any sense would vote for him.
I'd vote for bloomberg over the two up for nomination right now... Easy. Your saying that you prefer Trump?

Trump slams 'spoiler' bid after Kristol says independent candidate to run | Fox News

The guy that baned big soda's and spent 50 million of his own money for gun contro? No one with any sense would vote for him.
I'd vote for bloomberg over the two up for nomination right now... Easy. Your saying that you prefer Trump?
I'm a Republican and he will be the nominee. There is the bad choice and the oh my god what have I done one. I'll hold my nose come election day and check Trump.

Okay, hold on here. I need this one explained. This has been one of the issues that has made the Trump thing so goddamn confusing (for me, at least).

There was a time, not long ago (18 months?), where both Republicans and conservatives defended Bush's wars pretty passionately. Then along comes Trump calling the wars "stupid" and I see many on the Right becoming almost dovish on war.

What am I missing here? Have these people been holding their tongues this whole time, or have they changed their minds?
1. the Ron Paul effect.

2. the American Conservative movement has long had a wide streak in favor of America First foreign policy that leans a little toward isolationism.

3. Many conservatives supported punitive wars of invasion but opposed remaining to rebuild the nations we defeated. I agree with that analysis; war is hell and losing a war should bring the hellfire not rebuilding.

3. Many conservatives supported punitive wars of invasion but opposed remaining to rebuild the nations we defeated.

I never hear from those conservatives. I always hear from the one's who are pissed Obama didn't get a SOFA and stay in Iraq.

No one with any sense would vote for him.

I agree. Many liberals would vote for him.

Yes, this election cycle is a once in a lifetime event but I don't think a religious, Republican leaning third party candidate will bring more Democrats to the polls...
About 80% of the American public is religious, and most of the rest believe in God and consider themselves spiritual.

I suspect that religious Democrats are their most vulnerable group right now, especially among minorities.

And I am thinking of a real moderate like Jim Webb who would pull alot of votes.

This year the Democratic Party is doing great harm to itself with the Hillary coronation, but it will recover from it well enough.

I was a Webb guy for the Democrat ticket, although I wasn't expecting a miracle, and I was very disappointed when he decided not to run indy.

It would actually be a smart move by Kristol & Co., but it would destroy Kristol in GOP circles to play such a transparent game, let alone not run a conservative.

Webb's a guy who would definitely draw some Hillary voters and moderates/independents. I really don't see him being the guy here, though.
Krystal is burning his bridges to the GOP no matter who he goes with if he actually launches this thing, so I'm not sure that he might not be considering a Dem also.

Trump will massacrate Bloomberg, but he has said multiple times he wont run.

Forum List

Back