Kroger to Strip Benefits of the Unvaccinated

"Good. For the safety of our customers, we prefer you shop elsewhere."
Another dip shit.

Listen idiot, you DO NOT need protection from an unvaccinated person. I shall repeat that. You DO NOT need protection from an vaccinated person. The vaccine protects you from the virus, so if you got the vaccine, then you are protected

So why the retarded comment? Low IQ, retarded brain, inbred?

I'm vaccinated, not to save me from unvaccinated people, but from the virus. I can only assume you're being thick as fuck on purpose.

Why should Kroger have to cover idiots making bad decisions?
Wow, now where have I heard that argument before? Hmmmm, checking, checking, checking. Oh, that's right! It was when the usual suspects (you know who you are) were having fits that some businesses didn't want to pay for employees' birth control. They were ALL upset about that, and I remember the argument from the other side usually came down to this very thing. Why should a company have to cover idiots making bad decisions? Just to be clear, Kroger is within their rights to be as big jackasses as they want to be.

This will be entertaining to watch the spinning.

That's globally not in the US
Yeah I said that, I didn't realize I made it sound like just the U,S,
Nevertheless the point is well made.
Other causes of VERY preventable death and disease, in fact MOST deaths are preventable. So we are going to be ok with insurance companies and corporations deciding what they will and won't cover?
Because that is what this is.
Looks like a great way for these companies to get back into pre-conditions and non coverage.

Last edited:
Other causes of VERY preventable death and disease, in fact MOST deaths are preventable. So we are going to be ok with insurance companies and corporations deciding what they will and won't cover?
Looks like a great way for these companies to get back into pre-conditions and non coverage.
I agree with you on that point. This is selective outrage over this particular "preventable" health issue. All these other ones dont worry about.....

There is nobody not being covered in this story, all that has happened is they will not get paid emergency leave if they get COVID, that is all.

I agree with you on that point. This is selective outrage over this particular "preventable" health issue. All these other ones dont worry about.....

Smokers, obese people and many more pay higher premiums than healthy people for their insurance. This is not new

There is nobody not being covered in this story, all that has happened is they will not get paid emergency leave if they get COVID, that is all.
"Supermarket chain Kroger announced Tuesday it will eliminate paid emergency leave for unvaccinated employees who contract COVID-19 in addition to requiring some of them to pay a monthly $50 health insurance surcharge starting in 2022, according to a company memo."

So not just the emergency leave. They have to pay the insurance surcharge per month. When do they start you're obese 50 dollar surcharge, and you smoke 50 dollar surcharge? Some fat, smoking, unvax'd bastard will have to pay their whole paycheck to Kroger just for the insurance coverage....

All health insurance can charge for tobacco use. Pretty much self funded or union funded plans can do just about any damn thing they want.

If you do some research on ufcw and employer health welfare funds you will see The Trustees may amend the rules and benefit levels at any time. You do not have a vested right to any benefits under the Plan and benefits may be changed

Now, if you want to go farther look up the plans for Kroger's seems most area's are negotiated under a different local and one are a single person is paying something like $32 a month and same with family $172. $50 isn't going to hurt the unvaccinated.

Smokers, obese people and many more pay higher premiums than healthy people for their insurance. This is not new
Not true.
There is no insurance plan that charges fees to smokers or anyone else. What they do is offer a "non smoker credit" of $XX. If you smoke, you don't get the credit.
Same for credits for partaking in health wellness etc.
To my knowledge this would be the first time in history a company charges a fee for not doing whatever.
You should be against this.
Next up... $50 fee for not getting flu vaccine. $50 fee for not getting a colonoscopy.
The company is simply taking advantage of a situation to get more money from their employees.

Not true.
There is no insurance plan that charges fees to smokers or anyone else. What they do is offer a "non smoker credit" of $XX. If you smoke, you don't get the credit.
Same for credits for partaking in health wellness etc.
To my knowledge this would be the first time in history a company charges a fee for not doing whatever.
You should be against this.
Next up... $50 fee for not getting flu vaccine. $50 fee for not getting a colonoscopy.
The company is simply taking advantage of a situation to get more money from their employees.

Generally, people with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher can expect to pay more each month for health insurance. In some cases, health insurance for obese people costs 25 to 50 percent more than coverage for people with a BMI below 30.

Generally, people with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher can expect to pay more each month for health insurance. In some cases, health insurance for obese people costs 25 to 50 percent more than coverage for people with a BMI below 30.
Your link says people can be charged more for obesity, but offers no examples of any plan that does.
I looked for a couple minutes and found not one example. But plenty of information saying premiums for overweight people are not higher.
But you already know that

Your link says people can be charged more for obesity, but offers no examples of any plan that does.
I looked for a couple minutes and found not one example. But plenty of information saying premiums for overweight people are not higher.
But you already know that

Yet no links, just your word for it.

Yeah, no one shops Kroger because it's too crowded...

You and I have a different definition of crowded.
As in the totally opposite definition.
Kroger doesnt even make the top 14 it sucks so bad.

We have Kroger in my area. I will let them know why I am boycotting them

I’m guessing BIO paid Kroger a lump sum to continue forcing employees to abide by a worthless mandate for a worthless concoction. BIO provides dark money to determine health policy over consumers. Dems and Rep representatives btw have received large sums from BIO in 2020 and 2021 to promote using stocked jabs in need of customers for Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson. There is little doubt that there was a huge monetary contribution to incentivize their push for employee vaccine mandates. Just a guess of course, but a good one.

Biotechnology Innovation Organization, the trade group for Pfizer and Moderna, made large dark-money donations during the 2020 election, a new filing reveals.​

So far 15 out of every 17 positive tests on Conmecron , the infected has no symptoms at all. No one dies either.
So we have a hoax where no one is sick, no one knows or feels like they are sick, but since they are POSITIVE then there is great pearl clutching and Draconian freedom robbing.
I highly suspect that if we were tested incessantly that all sorts of boogeymen contaigents would be detected in most of us.

Last edited:
I’m guessing BIO paid Kroger a lump sum to continue forcing employees to abide by a worthless mandate for a worthless concoction. BIO provides dark money to determine health policy over consumers. Dems and Rep representatives btw have received large sums from BIO in 2020 and 2021 to promote using stocked jabs in need of customers for Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson. There is little doubt that there was a huge monetary contribution to incentivize their push for employee vaccine mandates. Just a guess of course, but a good one.

Biotechnology Innovation Organization, the trade group for Pfizer and Moderna, made large dark-money donations during the 2020 election, a new filing reveals.​

more likely that kroger got paid of by their health insurance provider.
or perhaps more correctly, a discount for having vaccinated employees.
less risk for insurance company, since vaccinated are 16 times less likely to die.

"Last year, before coronavirus vaccines were available, the company began offering two weeks of paid time off to employees who contracted Covid-19. Kroger told employees last week that, beginning Jan. 1, that benefit would no longer be available to people who were unvaccinated, the spokeswoman said. The news was reported by The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.

Unvaccinated employees will still be eligible for other forms of leave, but the special time off will now be open only to fully vaccinated employees.

Kroger also said it would charge salaried workers who are enrolled in a company health care plan $50 a month if they remained unvaccinated. That surcharge would not apply to unionized workers and hourly-wage associates enrolled in a company health care plan."

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Why should Krogers give 2 weeks paid time off for you to be irresponsible? Whatever happened to the old republican credo of "personal responsibility?" I guess the narrative has changed so that no longer applies, just like "law and order" no longer applies if you're storming the nation's capitol building.

Forum List

Back