🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kudlow interview (Tucker).. He can't figure out why McConnell is not waiting for the Rs to control House (spending bill)

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Kudlow isn't very bright is he? It's not difficult to understand why he wants to spend the money now.

Kudlow isn't very bright is he? It's not difficult to understand why he wants to spend the money now.
Kudlow is very bright

and also he always seems to have the face many of us Americans have since potato stole the WH: grim

I like people whose faces reflect reality... not much to cheer about these days.. it's one reason I always liked the rather sad looking DeSantis..

(though he looked rather happy on election night recently) :)

how so?

by passing a huge spending bill, something they always want no matter how ridiculous? makes no sense
I don't know, but the Democrats are otherwise capable of scorched earth legislation between now and Jan. 3rd. They also understand that they will lose the Senate in 2024, since twice as many Dem seats will be up for grabs.

Last edited:
I don't know, but the Democrats are otherwise capable of scorched earth legislation between now and Jan. 3rd. They also understand that they will lose the Senate in 2024, since twice as many Dem seats will be up for grabs.
Like what? This is their administration.
If the government shuts down? Bad for democrats.
If Republicans control the Budget? Bad for democrats.
If its gridlock until the 2024 election? Bad for democrats.
If the new migrants riot and trash the sanctuary cities? Bad for democrats.

I'm sure they would like to do everything they can to handcuff the incoming GOP majority in the House and end the filibuster in the Senate. The only thing stopping them may be McConnell's tactics. Otherwise, they could claim a national emergency and give unilateral powers to the White House.

I'm sure they would like to do everything they can to handcuff the incoming GOP majority in the House and end the filibuster in the Senate. The only thing stopping them may be McConnell's tactics. Otherwise, they could claim a national emergency and give unilateral powers to the White House.
Horseshit....Where are they going to get the votes for that?

I suppose a budget that's 3 months late is better than never. I just read that it has been 26 years since they got the budget done before the start of the new fiscal year. What gets me is the time they put into these freaking congressional hearings to embarrass this-president-or-that while the real business of the country awaits.

The new congress has nearly a full 9 months to get the 2024 budget done. Hopefully they begin work immediately on putting something together that's fiscally responsible for a change.

If the new migrants riot and trash the sanctuary cities? Bad for democrats
How so? Blacks destroyed cities all across the country and got away with it.

At this point nothing is bad for the left unless ballot harvesting is banned

I don't believe budgets are subject to filibuster, but I could be wrong on that.
I don't know if it's being done under budget reconciliation or not. If so only a majority is needed.

Created by the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, reconciliation allows for expedited consideration of certain tax, spending, and debt limit legislation. In the Senate, reconciliation bills aren’t subject to filibuster and the scope of amendments is limited, giving this process real advantages for enacting controversial budget and tax measures.

so are you saying, as I lean toward thinking myself, that McConnell is in the dimrats' court?

looks like it

I suppose a budget that's 3 months late is better than never. I just read that it has been 26 years since they got the budget done before the start of the new fiscal year. What gets me is the time they put into these freaking congressional hearings to embarrass this-president-or-that while the real business of the country awaits.

The new congress has nearly a full 9 months to get the 2024 budget done. Hopefully they begin work immediately on putting something together that's fiscally responsible for a change.
I wouldn't hold your breath

When they are not investigating thing to death, they are taking a vacation

Forum List

Back