🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends - www.ktnv.com
Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.
Obama has gone way to far!!!

From the article:

The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.

On KY Lake which is a TVA Lake houses have to be at least 10 feet above federal property. I would never build a house on land I did not own.

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

We live in a fascist country. I'm ashamed of our president, I'm ashamed of our congress and I'm ashamed of the American people who are putting up with this crap.

Bit it is their whole point - to make people SUFFER to score imaginable political points.
they think people can't remember the previous shutdowns and can't compare and make conclusions that it is the government forcefully making them suffer, not because of the shutdown.

the arrogance and simultaneous stupidity of the left is stunning

How can someone build a private home on Public land?

Remember.. Anything that is "owned" by the Federal Government is owned by the Public. It's not private property.

We live in a fascist country. I'm ashamed of our president, I'm ashamed of our congress and I'm ashamed of the American people who are putting up with this crap.

No YET.

But they surely showed their real face and their grin isn't amusing

Remember.. Anything that is "owned" by the Federal Government is owned by the Public. It's not private property.

Exactly. I'm guessing they may have gotten the land 'licensed' for something, a business of some kind and built the home to be part of it. A lot of people do that. Here, nobody builds on government land. The marinas and docks are private and on government land but their land is limited in size and has a licensing agreement kind of like a rental agreement but without the rent.

maybe it was private land at someone point .They are 80 and 77. It could be that the government took the land and let them grandfather over to live on it but the land on it is is the governments

I'm beginning to understand how the Jews ended up in the ovens.
Isn't anybody going to put up a fight

Certainly the public servants doing the actual work aren't going to. Their paycheck trumps doing the right thing.

Hitler didn't personally put the Jews on the trains, the bureaucrats made it happen. I was merely following orders starts with this kind of stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
To be fair, while it is their home, according to the article, it's a vacation home on federal land. But yes, it's fucking stupid.

Exactly. I'm guessing they may have gotten the land 'licensed' for something, a business of some kind and built the home to be part of it. A lot of people do that. Here, nobody builds on government land. The marinas and docks are private and on government land but their land is limited in size and has a licensing agreement kind of like a rental agreement but without the rent.

all lakes have the thin rim around the water which is either city, county or otherwise community property - in order to technically have the access to it. I live at the pond - and the 1 yard rim around the water is not my private property, but the city's.

Maybe they have the similar situation or their property is next to federal, or they have to drive through the federal one to get to their private one.

But in any instance - this is unprecedented and has not been reported during previous shutdowns - because it is specifically designed to make people suffer by executive branch.

Certainly the public servants doing the actual work aren't going to. Their paycheck trumps doing the right thing.

Hitler didn't personally put the Jews on the trains, the bureaucrats made it happen. I was merely following orders starts with this kind of stuff.

right on spot.

it is the test.

how much will the people be the sheeple.

all lakes have the thin rim around the water which is either city, county or otherwise community property - in order to technically have the access to it. I live at the pond - and the 1 yard rim around the water is not my private property, but the city's.

Maybe they have the similar situation or their property is next to federal, or they have to drive through the federal one to get to their private one.

But in any instance - this is unprecedented and has not been reported during previous shutdowns - because it is specifically designed to make people suffer by executive branch.

I don't, necessarily, disagree with you, but can someone present evidence that this DID NOT happen 17 years ago? Keep in mind the authoritarian police state nature of cops and the military has been drilled in the NPS too.

The optics on this kind of stuff is not very good.

It is the optics of 'The Government vs. The People', as opposed to a 'Government of The People'.

The sad thing is that the 'optics' are based on action and not word.

I don't, necessarily, disagree with you, but can someone present evidence that this DID NOT happen 17 years ago? Keep in mind the authoritarian police state nature of cops and the military has been drilled in the NPS too.

Well. I can't remember THAT - this is my first shutdown in the country :)

But I assume somebody here would remember exactly this - because it is a striking specific note of this shutdown - started with the Vets and then with a ranger admitting they were told to make people suffer and on previous notes that sequester also was a tool to make people suffer - it makes a tool in THIS administration ( not that I won't believe dimocraps won't do it 17 years ago, but I don't know)

You're just figuring this out??

Well. I can't remember THAT - this is my first shutdown in the country :)

But I assume somebody here would remember exactly this - because it is a striking specific note of this shutdown - started with the Vets and then with a ranger admitting they were told to make people suffer and on previous notes that sequester also was a tool to make people suffer - it makes a tool in THIS administration ( not that I won't believe dimocraps won't do it 17 years ago, but I don't know)

You can't prove a negative. But no, this never happened in previous shutdowns. This is unprecedented.

Forum List

Back