Lakers, bitches!

It's going to be a Laker - Celtic Finals.
If it is I'll agree with Laramfan that the NBA is also rigged. Not just the NFL and elections.

LOL. No I can see that happening. I can see the Lakers beating Denver. If AD and Lebron both play well and the role players play well. They seem to have some good backup.

TBH, Lebron's legacy has been screwed when his teammates fell short. I make fun of him for getting cramped but I forget he had to play every minute or his team would have gotten crushed. Even more so than it did.

Imagine if Lebron and Jordan both could pick 4 other guys and they played each other. Wouldn't that be something? I would take Jordan. You?

Jordan
Pippen

How can you not take Pippen when you know he and Jordan play well together.

So you need Two bigs like Shad and Tim Duncan and Someone like Dennis Rodman?

Just a quick google and I don't see Lebron on this list. If you take Lebron who are your other 4? The fact Jordan is on the list for Defense too? GOAT.

Here are the 10 best defensive players in the history of the NBA.
  • #8 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. ...
  • #7 – Dikembe Mutombo. ...
  • #6 – David Robinson. ...
  • #5 – Scottie Pippen. ...
  • #4 – Bill Russell. ...
  • #3 – Dennis Rodman. ...
  • #2 – Michael Jordan. ...
  • #1 – Hakeem Olajuwon.

If it is I'll agree with Laramfan that the NBA is also rigged. Not just the NFL and elections.

LOL. No I can see that happening. I can see the Lakers beating Denver. If AD and Lebron both play well and the role players play well. They seem to have some good backup.

TBH, Lebron's legacy has been screwed when his teammates fell short. I make fun of him for getting cramped but I forget he had to play every minute or his team would have gotten crushed. Even more so than it did.

Imagine if Lebron and Jordan both could pick 4 other guys and they played each other. Wouldn't that be something? I would take Jordan. You?

Jordan
Pippen

How can you not take Pippen when you know he and Jordan play well together.

So you need Two bigs like Shad and Tim Duncan and Someone like Dennis Rodman?

Just a quick google and I don't see Lebron on this list. If you take Lebron who are your other 4? The fact Jordan is on the list for Defense too? GOAT.

Here are the 10 best defensive players in the history of the NBA.
  • #8 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. ...
  • #7 – Dikembe Mutombo. ...
  • #6 – David Robinson. ...
  • #5 – Scottie Pippen. ...
  • #4 – Bill Russell. ...
  • #3 – Dennis Rodman. ...
  • #2 – Michael Jordan. ...
  • #1 – Hakeem Olajuwon.
That is a bullshit list! As a Laker fan, I am actually offended that Bill Russell isn't number #1. All lists regarding defense, begin and end with Bill Russell.

Here's a few ommissions...
Walt Frazier
Al Attles
Paul Silas
Dennis Johnson
Alonso Mourning

That is a bullshit list! As a Laker fan, I am actually offended that Bill Russell isn't number #1. All lists regarding defense, begin and end with Bill Russell.

Here's a few ommissions...
Walt Frazier
Al Attles
Paul Silas
Dennis Johnson
Alonso Mourning

Can I change the subject? Seems like centers are dominating this year. Why isn't Anthony Davis on this list? He's a center right? Seems like one. And no Looney or Draymond Green?

I wonder of all these guys, how many of them will win championships in their careers. I think the only one who has so far is Brook Lopez.

Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, Siakam, Adebayo, Allen, Sabonis, Ayton, Turner, Porzingis,

11. Robert Williams III, Celtics

12. Brook Lopez, Bucks

13. Clint Capela, Hawks

14. Wendell Carter Jr., Magic

15. Jakob Poeltl, Spurs
16. Nikola Vucevic, Bulls

17. Jonas Valanciunas, Pelicans

18. Kevon Looney, Warriors

19. Jusuf Nurkic, Trail Blazers

20. Steven Adams, Grizzlies
21. Mitchell Robinson, Knicks

22. Ivica Zubac, Clippers

23. Nic Claxton, Nets

24. Alperen Sengun, Rockets

25. Isaiah Stewart, Pistons
26. Mason Plumlee, Hornets

27. JaVale McGee, Mavericks

28. Damian Jones, Lakers

29. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Thunder

30. Walker Kessler, Jazz

Can I change the subject? Seems like centers are dominating this year. Why isn't Anthony Davis on this list? He's a center right? Seems like one. And no Looney or Draymond Green?

I wonder of all these guys, how many of them will win championships in their careers. I think the only one who has so far is Brook Lopez.

Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, Siakam, Adebayo, Allen, Sabonis, Ayton, Turner, Porzingis,

11. Robert Williams III, Celtics

12. Brook Lopez, Bucks

13. Clint Capela, Hawks

14. Wendell Carter Jr., Magic

15. Jakob Poeltl, Spurs
16. Nikola Vucevic, Bulls

17. Jonas Valanciunas, Pelicans

18. Kevon Looney, Warriors

19. Jusuf Nurkic, Trail Blazers

20. Steven Adams, Grizzlies
21. Mitchell Robinson, Knicks

22. Ivica Zubac, Clippers

23. Nic Claxton, Nets

24. Alperen Sengun, Rockets

25. Isaiah Stewart, Pistons
26. Mason Plumlee, Hornets

27. JaVale McGee, Mavericks

28. Damian Jones, Lakers

29. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Thunder

30. Walker Kessler, Jazz
What about the kid in college? Weboyama?

Is he that special?
Apparently, he is definite number 1 pick. Then there's everyone else. We shall see. Hard to run up and down the court when you are that tall and he needs to put on some weight but who else would you take?

He is widely projected to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft and is considered one of the greatest prospects of his generation.

Like the next Lebron

I don't want the Piston's to draft small. The next big is Dereck Lively II

Lively is a 7-foot-1 shot-blocker who, if he enters the draft this year as a freshman, will do so as a project. He has the physical tools to be a very good rim-protector at the next level, but he will probably take some time to get there and will need to be developed properly.

Apparently, he is definite number 1 pick. Then there's everyone else. We shall see. Hard to run up and down the court when you are that tall and he needs to put on some weight but who else would you take?

He is widely projected to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft and is considered one of the greatest prospects of his generation.

Like the next Lebron

I don't want the Piston's to draft small. The next big is Dereck Lively II

Lively is a 7-foot-1 shot-blocker who, if he enters the draft this year as a freshman, will do so as a project. He has the physical tools to be a very good rim-protector at the next level, but he will probably take some time to get there and will need to be developed properly.
Well, the Lions got it rolling in Detroit, maybe now the Pistons can bring back the Bad Boys?

That's right! The Lakers are kickass and will meet the Boston Celtics for the NBA title this year!

Questions or comments?
I’m not sure what’s going to happen now. The Celtics seem like they’ve figured it out. But suddenly it feels like maybe so have the warriors and suns.

But the next game is must win for the suns. Can’t go down 3 games to 1.

AD takes every other game off.

Whats with harden? Did you see he had a wide open layup and passed instead of putting it in? He seems like the moody pouting type. Did the coach yell at him? Did you see Embiid step on that guys face? Omg.

I’m not sure what’s going to happen now. The Celtics seem like they’ve figured it out. But suddenly it feels like maybe so have the warriors and suns.

But the next game is must win for the suns. Can’t go down 3 games to 1.

AD takes every other game off.

Whats with harden? Did you see he had a wide open layup and passed instead of putting it in? He seems like the moody pouting type. Did the coach yell at him? Did you see Embiid step on that guys face? Omg.
Phili and the Suns have no chance. The Lakers need better perimeter defense and to box out better on the boards! You can't let those little fuckers get rebounds when the Warriors go small.

Phili and the Suns have no chance. The Lakers need better perimeter defense and to box out better on the boards! You can't let those little fuckers get rebounds when the Warriors go small.

When I say Jordan is the GOAT, I have to remember his teammates made their shots when they needed to. And guys got those rebounds when they needed to.

So Lebron's legacy is dependent on his teammates really. It's not his fault he didn't win more that 4 out of 10. He was always the best athlete on the court all 10 years. You have to give him credit for making it to ten. That has to count for a lot. So I can see why some say Lebron is the goat. He's certainly the best athlete on the floor, still, after 20 years. The young guys are starting to catch up to him but not yet, and that's only after 20 years of him ruling the NBA.

Yea, Lebron will go down as the GOAT after he retires. I don't even say unfortunately because he certainly deserves it. He ruled the NBA for 20 plus years. Jordan only ruled it for 6.

And Bill Russell had 11 rings. He had a better team than Lebron. But consider this. Lebron has been to 10 championships. If he had a better team those 6 years he lost, he would be closing in on Russell and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Who came closer to breaking Bill's record of 11 rings? Lebron who's been to 10 finals or Jordan who won 6?

Lebron can shut us up if he proves us wrong by winning it all this year. Anthony Davis plays great every other game. It's weird. So Lebron has to rely on these guys stepping up

1683465157750.jpeg

1683465194247.jpeg

I think it will be amazing if he wins. I can't say I'm rooting for him to do it but maybe I am. Maybe I want to see Lebron beat Boston in the finals. But then I will be happy for Tatum if he wins too.

I'm no longer rooting against Golden State or the Lakers. If one of them wins it all that will be amazing to see. And really piss Boston off. That I won't mind.

But come on Denver!!! But even that series, I root for Booker and think he deserves a ring like I do Tatum. And I've always said Durant is one of the greatest so even if he wins his 3rd, that would be what I predicted years ago. Right now he has 2 and Lebron has 4. It would be cool for Durant to win a 3rd. And poor Chris Paul. He would finally win a ring but posthumously.

When I say Jordan is the GOAT, I have to remember his teammates made their shots when they needed to. And guys got those rebounds when they needed to.

So Lebron's legacy is dependent on his teammates really. It's not his fault he didn't win more that 4 out of 10. He was always the best athlete on the court all 10 years. You have to give him credit for making it to ten. That has to count for a lot. So I can see why some say Lebron is the goat. He's certainly the best athlete on the floor, still, after 20 years. The young guys are starting to catch up to him but not yet, and that's only after 20 years of him ruling the NBA.

Yea, Lebron will go down as the GOAT after he retires. I don't even say unfortunately because he certainly deserves it. He ruled the NBA for 20 plus years. Jordan only ruled it for 6.

And Bill Russell had 11 rings. He had a better team than Lebron. But consider this. Lebron has been to 10 championships. If he had a better team those 6 years he lost, he would be closing in on Russell and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Who came closer to breaking Bill's record of 11 rings? Lebron who's been to 10 finals or Jordan who won 6?

Lebron can shut us up if he proves us wrong by winning it all this year. Anthony Davis plays great every other game. It's weird. So Lebron has to rely on these guys stepping up

View attachment 782986
View attachment 782987

I think it will be amazing if he wins. I can't say I'm rooting for him to do it but maybe I am. Maybe I want to see Lebron beat Boston in the finals. But then I will be happy for Tatum if he wins too.

I'm no longer rooting against Golden State or the Lakers. If one of them wins it all that will be amazing to see. And really piss Boston off. That I won't mind.

But come on Denver!!! But even that series, I root for Booker and think he deserves a ring like I do Tatum. And I've always said Durant is one of the greatest so even if he wins his 3rd, that would be what I predicted years ago. Right now he has 2 and Lebron has 4. It would be cool for Durant to win a 3rd. And poor Chris Paul. He would finally win a ring but posthumously.
Dude, I always enjoy talking hoops with you because you know your shit! We may have our differences, like my GOAT is Wilt Chamberlain. But that's just me.

It has to be a Laker vs Celtic Finals! They both got 17 rings. This would be the Finals to decide once and for all, the greatest franchise in NBA history.

Okay, I woke up! Has Denver been crowned champ yet?

Dude, I always enjoy talking hoops with you because you know your shit! We may have our differences, like my GOAT is Wilt Chamberlain. But that's just me.

It has to be a Laker vs Celtic Finals! They both got 17 rings. This would be the Finals to decide once and for all, the greatest franchise in NBA history.

Suns tied the series. Holy shit at he beginning of the playoffs I said the top 4 teams in the west won’t be in the finals. I thought Denver was going to prove m wrong but suddenly the suns have tied it up. Pressure is on Denver now right?

This other guy said I didn’t know shit so thanks. I admit I don’t know half as much as my nephew.

The guy got mad because I spelled giannis wrong. or left someone off the greatest defenders list.

I try to be more civil here compared to in the politics thread. And try to leave politics out of these discussions

Unfortunately, they are!
NOT! LOL. I can look it up where at the beginning of the playoffs I said none of the top 5 teams in the west would be in the finals. I still could be wrong let's see how Denver and the Suns do.

1. Nuggets
2. Grizzlies
3. Kings
4. Suns
5. Clippers

I think Booker and Durant can do it.

Can Jokic and his team keep winning at home? That's all they have to do. I think the pressure is on them though and Durant and Booker are on fire

I love seeing new stars shine. But they have to win it all. I have a lot more respect for Booker today than I did 2 weeks ago but I'll have even more if they can win it all.

Booker went 14 of 18 from the field. DAMN! 36 points.

These playoffs are pretty good. Even the first round was interesting.

Right now

a. Can the Knicks tie it up? Or will the Heat go up 3 to 1? Heat go up 3 to 1
b. Lakers lead 2 to 1? Would you put money on the Lakers? I wouldn't. Bet Golden state tonight's game. This one's going 7. Lakers win
c. Celtics go up 3 to 2 tomorrow night
d. Suns Nuggets go 7 and Suns pull the upset.

Remember I said I predicted none of the 5 top teams would make the finals? This would mean for me to be right the Lakers or Golden State are going to the finals. Or will Denver/Suns winner beat them? These playoffs are the best i can remember. Only round 2

So Heat vs Celtics, it goes 7, Celtics go to the finals where it's anyone's guess which team is better. is it the Celtics or Lakers/Nuggets/Warriors/Suns? You know Boston doesn't want the Warriors, Suns, Lakers or Denver. If you had to pick, who would you rather play if you were Boston?

These playoffs are pretty good. Even the first round was interesting.

Right now

a. Can the Knicks tie it up? Or will the Heat go up 3 to 1? Heat go up 3 to 1
b. Lakers lead 2 to 1? Would you put money on the Lakers? I wouldn't. Bet Golden state tonight's game. This one's going 7. Lakers win
c. Celtics go up 3 to 2 tomorrow night
d. Suns Nuggets go 7 and Suns pull the upset.

Remember I said I predicted none of the 5 top teams would make the finals? This would mean for me to be right the Lakers or Golden State are going to the finals. Or will Denver/Suns winner beat them? These playoffs are the best i can remember. Only round 2

So Heat vs Celtics, it goes 7, Celtics go to the finals where it's anyone's guess which team is better. is it the Celtics or Lakers/Nuggets/Warriors/Suns? You know Boston doesn't want the Warriors, Suns, Lakers or Denver. If you had to pick, who would you rather play if you were Boston?
The Lakers.

That's right! The Lakers are kickass and will meet the Boston Celtics for the NBA title this year!

Questions or comments?

Did AD have a good game the last game? He NEVER has 2 in a row. Expect the series to be tied up after tonight.

You know who's going to have a huge game for the Knicks tonight? Derrick Rose. I didn't even know he was on the team.

He played one year of college basketball for the Memphis Tigers before being drafted first overall by his hometown Chicago Bulls in the 2008 NBA draft. He was named the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2009 and became the youngest player to win the NBA Most Valuable Player Award in 2011 at age 22.

The award Embiid wanted to win so badly? The award Lebron won, Jokic, Giannis, Derrick Rose won that award 12 years ago. He has to have one great game in him. If not what is he doing on the bench? My prediction is the Knicks call on him tonight to help because that Quickly guy is out hurt.

The Knicks’ already-problematic bench may be without its top weapon Monday night.

After suffering a sprained left ankle in the Knicks’ ugly Game loss 3, Sixth Man of the Year runner-up Immanuel Quickley is listed as doubtful for a crucial Game 4 at Kaseya Center.

If Quickley can’t play, that would likely mean Miles McBride entering the rotation.

No coach! I said Derrick Rose!!!

Thibodeau didn’t rule out using one of his benched veterans, Derrick Rose or Evan Fournier, but didn’t offer much insight into how possible that is.

Both players have been sitting out for quite some time and would have a considerable amount of rust to shake off.

The duo have only appeared in mop-up duty in recent months.

The Warriors, Lakers, 76rs or Suns could win it all. Who's unstoppable? The 76rs tied up the series with the Celtics. The Suns tied up the series with Denver and the Lakers and Warriors are tied up.

I don't think any of these teams lost 2 games on purpose so none of them are unbeatable.

If the Suns beat Denver I would fear Durant and Booker.

If Embiid and Harden can play well together you never know.

And again, role players. None of these dynamic duo's can do it by themselves. Even though Booker and Durant have pretty much done it all by themselves.

The Knicks and Heat could win it all too. Doubtful, but could. Who knows how the winner of that series will match up against the winner of Boston Philly series.

Questions or comments?
Lakers Bitches Indeed!!! One win away. And no reason to fear Denver or the Suns.

Remember yesterday I said Lebron is a victim of his teammates and not his fault he hasn't won more championships? Proof of that is Lonnie Walker the IV

6 foot 4. 7 foot if you include the hair
1683631313912.jpeg

Walker scored all 15 of his points in the fourth quarter of Game 4​

And were it not for Walker? The Lakers might be staring elimination scenario right now. The Lakers trailed the Golden State Warriors by as many as 12 points in the second half of Game 4. They were down seven after three quarters. A loss would've meant giving the Warriors home-court advantage back. Golden State went 33-8 at home this season. The Lakers are undefeated at home this postseason. Their best chance at reaching the Western Conference finals relied on winning their own home games -- all of their home games. The Warriors came closer to beating them in Los Angeles than any team has this postseason.

And then they ran into Lonnie Walker IV. When the fourth quarter began, he had scored zero points. When it ended, he had 15. It was the highest-scoring fourth quarter from a Laker reserve since a little-known rookie named Kobe Bryant dropped 17 in the fourth quarter of a 1997 battle with the Utah Jazz.

Forum List

Back