Landslide Approved! Trump Officially Wins Michigan (306 Electors)

For those of you pissed at Electoral College arraignment, might I suggest you read the Federalist Papers.

If you think this is the 18th century, I suggest you put on a powdered wig.
So you hate the Constitution of the United States?

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Of course baby killers do!...Enjoy it, with a 5 to 4 or 6 to 3 SCOTUS, you have a few years left to legally being unethical. unprincipled. immoral, and sadistic!

Trump beating Clinton is like Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson!!

If you did not know that the straight jab was Tyson downfall, you would be shocked too!!

( next thing we know, every one is improving their jab!)

The night before the election, Bob Beckel assured the Dems that there was no way Trump would win either PA or MI.

He won both.

Nice going, Bob...

For those of you pissed at Electoral College arraignment, might I suggest you read the Federalist Papers.

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Of course baby killers do!...Enjoy it, with a 5 to 4 or 6 to 3 SCOTUS, you have a few years left to legally being unethical. unprincipled. immoral, and sadistic!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch dear. You'll get Scalia's seat - assuming the Dems don't act the way you guys did and prevent a duly elected president from fulfilling his job (you remember that right?).

But, it's not simple majority rules - you might be forced to float more moderate candidates in order to avoid fillibusters. Ginsberg is a tough old bird. There is a midterm in two years and those traditionally favor the out-of power side. Trump's initial actions are already disturbing - his cabinet choices, lack of diversity in opinion/position (ie primarily sycophants)...promises made that are going to be incredibly difficult to keep because of the complex nature of the things he wants to "undo". The effects on the economy remain to be seen.

Enjoy your win, but you have a huge challenge ahead to keep what you won. I've stocked up on popcorn ;)

The night before the election, Bob Beckel assured the Dems that there was no way Trump would win either PA or MI.

He won both.

Nice going, Bob...
I am originally from Rust Belt...I knew he would win them.

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch dear. You'll get Scalia's seat - assuming the Dems don't act the way you guys did and prevent a duly elected president from fulfilling his job (you remember that right?).

But, it's not simple majority rules - you might be forced to float more moderate candidates in order to avoid fillibusters. Ginsberg is a tough old bird. There is a midterm in two years and those traditionally favor the out-of power side. Trump's initial actions are already disturbing - his cabinet choices, lack of diversity in opinion/position (ie primarily sycophants)...promises made that are going to be incredibly difficult to keep because of the complex nature of the things he wants to "undo". The effects on the economy remain to be seen.

Enjoy your win, but you have a huge challenge ahead to keep what you won. I've stocked up on popcorn ;)
I remember Reid and the "nuclear option." Paybacks are a bitch.

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Yup. Be careful there. You guys have set a lot of disturbing precedents, not the least of which was preventing a duly elected president from fulfilling his duty. Don't want to add one more that can come back to haunt you.

McConnel and others realize this. Most likely - given the volatility of the political atmosphere - they would float something decidedly conservative but not a complete whacko activist.

Landslide....tempered by one annoying fact...he still lost the popular vote.

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Yup. Be careful there. You guys have set a lot of disturbing precedents, not the least of which was preventing a duly elected president from fulfilling his duty. Don't want to add one more that can come back to haunt you.

McConnel and others realize this. Most likely - given the volatility of the political atmosphere - they would float something decidedly conservative but not a complete whacko activist.
Democrats drew first blood. GOP is dominate political force in this nation. Dems will not gain back House or Senate for a long, long, time.

No, I like Roe v Wade.

Democrats drew first blood. GOP is dominate political force in this nation. Dems will not gain back House or Senate for a long, long, time.

A bit iffy. And I keep going back to the popular vote on this (not disputing Trump's win - that is clear) - but it is indicative of a pretty deep divide. An overreach could be problematic on your side, and it will be reflected in the midterms.

Forum List

Back