🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Laredo City Manager: a border wall is unnecessary

He had a note in his pocket that said

Take our silver or you will get our lead.

Sincerely
El Chapo

Yo, you mean? The revenue they steal from America, and then send it back to Mexico?

"GTP"
View attachment 45401

Nope, sales tax revenues, illegals spend money in Laredo after the cross the border.

I didn't know cities collected sale taxes. Here in Georgia it is a state sales tax. You can clarify it if they have a local option sales tax for the city of Laredo.

We have a 6.25% state sales tax, localities can charge up to an additional 2%.

In Georgia cities can charge an additional 1% and it is always on the ballot. What percentage does Laredo charge? OOPS, I missed your link and saw 1.5%. I guess my next question is how many illegals live in Laredo? BTW, I am a Texan by birth as was my mother and all of her family.

No one knows the exact number, a bunch, even more pass through there in transit to other places. Most all spend money and the city gets their cut. Why would the city manage want to lose that?

I would say because it is against the law.

We should hire the Chinese to build the wall. They built the longest one on earth to keep the Mongols out. Of course, the Mongols just bribed their way through, conquered, and ruled China for hundreds of years, anyway. But that isn't the point......

because it's still the Middle Ages

what happened to "YES WE CAN!!" from thes left-wing nutjobs

Please explain to this under informed liberal how building a multibillion dollar fence will keep out the 50% of illegal aliens, who simply overstay their visa. And, while you're at it, you might want to read up on tunnels and ladders. They, too, have been around since the Middle Ages. BTW, did bribery die out in the Middle Ages? Of course, everyone knows that illegals can't swim, and never fly, so there would be no need to handle air and sea trespassers...or are you thinking about building the fence across the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico? This being Trump's big idea, I can't wait to hear his other ideas!

YAWN

OK MR self-admitted under-informed person. it's not that you're under-informed; it's tht you dont make any sense. so half of all illegals came on visas and just stayed?
and that is a good excuse to not to anything about our border how and why again?

We should hire the Chinese to build the wall. They built the longest one on earth to keep the Mongols out. Of course, the Mongols just bribed their way through, conquered, and ruled China for hundreds of years, anyway. But that isn't the point......

Please explain to this under informed liberal how building a multibillion dollar fence will keep out the 50% of illegal aliens, who simply overstay their visa. And, while you're at it, you might want to read up on tunnels and ladders. They, too, have been around since the Middle Ages. BTW, did bribery die out in the Middle Ages? Of course, everyone knows that illegals can't swim, and never fly, so there would be no need to handle air and sea trespassers...or are you thinking about building the fence across the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico? This being Trump's big idea, I can't wait to hear his other ideas!

like I said; people of your ilk are all about the "yes we can" and portray yourselves as problem solvers and "forward-looking". Yet here you are offering nothing but hopelessness. your talking points are irrelevant to the point of being amusing. before illegals can get to the wall they have to cross miles of harsh desert. they manage to make it here not because they are well-equipped like a Mongol army, but because they have HELP. there are aid stations on both sides of the border that offer water and food to hungry illegal travelers.

FACE IT illegals are here because we make it comfortable for them to be here. Illegals CAN AND DO get all the social safety net benefits the Left says they dont; if only on behalf of their anchor babies.
illegals also know this President doesnt want to make them leave; know this President's Party offers them "SANCTUARY" and panders to them. the killer of the San Francisco woman CHOSE to go to san fran because he KNEW he would find SANCTUARY there.

it IS however amusing that you unwittingly use as an example to make a point A COMPARISON TO AN INVADING ARMY.
I doubt you realized you meant to make the point for the other side, but you did........because fences and walls are even less useful than the Great Wall of China WHEN YOU'RE HELPING THE INVADERS CLIMB OVER THE WALL

idiots and hypocrites

Nope, sales tax revenues, illegals spend money in Laredo after the cross the border.

I didn't know cities collected sale taxes. Here in Georgia it is a state sales tax. You can clarify it if they have a local option sales tax for the city of Laredo.

We have a 6.25% state sales tax, localities can charge up to an additional 2%.

In Georgia cities can charge an additional 1% and it is always on the ballot. What percentage does Laredo charge? OOPS, I missed your link and saw 1.5%. I guess my next question is how many illegals live in Laredo? BTW, I am a Texan by birth as was my mother and all of her family.

No one knows the exact number, a bunch, even more pass through there in transit to other places. Most all spend money and the city gets their cut. Why would the city manage want to lose that?

I would say because it is against the law.

Since when do politicians worry about that? That's a rhetorical question BTW.

You almost gotta laugh. CNN found a "city manager" who thinks we need open borders and the useful idiot left wing clown faces go into their happy dance.

YAWN

OK MR self-admitted under-informed person. it's not that you're under-informed; it's tht you dont make any sense. so half of all illegals came on visas and just stayed?
and that is a good excuse to not to anything about our border how and why again?

like I said; people of your ilk are all about the "yes we can" and portray yourselves as problem solvers and "forward-looking". Yet here you are offering nothing but hopelessness. your talking points are irrelevant to the point of being amusing. before illegals can get to the wall they have to cross miles of harsh desert. they manage to make it here not because they are well-equipped like a Mongol army, but because they have HELP. there are aid stations on both sides of the border that offer water and food to hungry illegal travelers.

FACE IT illegals are here because we make it comfortable for them to be here. Illegals CAN AND DO get all the social safety net benefits the Left says they dont; if only on behalf of their anchor babies.
illegals also know this President doesnt want to make them leave; know this President's Party offers them "SANCTUARY" and panders to them. the killer of the San Francisco woman CHOSE to go to san fran because he KNEW he would find SANCTUARY there.

it IS however amusing that you unwittingly use as an example to make a point A COMPARISON TO AN INVADING ARMY.
I doubt you realized you meant to make the point for the other side, but you did........because fences and walls are even less useful than the Great Wall of China WHEN YOU'RE HELPING THE INVADERS CLIMB OVER THE WALL

idiots and hypocrites

Gee, I thought that we were talking about Trump wanting to build a totally useless multi-billion dollar fence. Ii had no idea that, when confronted with the futility of that, that you would deflect the entire conversation to damn near everything else EXCEPT Trump's totally useless multimillion dollar fence!

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

Gee, I thought that we were talking about Trump wanting to build a totally useless multi-billion dollar fence. Ii had no idea that, when confronted with the futility of that, that you would deflect the entire conversation to damn near everything else EXCEPT Trump's totally useless multimillion dollar fence!
Trump was gonna have the Mexican's pay for it.. Just sayin.

What did you expect him to say, we don't want the revenue the illegals bring to the city?

Yo, you mean? The revenue they steal from America, and then send it back to Mexico?

"GTP"
View attachment 45401

Yo, dummy, they don't steal. They work hard and the employers who hire them (who the Republicans won't blame for hiring illegals) are making out like bandits. They are the ones that are stealing.
True many in the GOP side don't blame the employers enough, but which side perpetrates the myth that "illegals only do the jobs Americans won't do?" Democrats.
Who is for eVerify? Republicans. And who is against it? democrats. Who wants to shut down federal funding for sanctuary cities? Republicans. And who promotes sanctuary cities? Democrats.

Dems have very little leg to stand on!

What did you expect him to say, we don't want the revenue the illegals bring to the city?

"GTP"
View attachment 45401

Hey, brain damaged one, this thread is not about Obama.
Another question: were you dropped on your head as a child?

They always make it about Obama. That's what they do. Fox didn't do live coverage of Trump's Laredo speech. MSNBC did.

Yes they did.
What a lie.

Well, that should be easy for you to prove, amirite??

Yes because I watched it.
It was covered on all three cable news outlets.
CNN,MSNBC and FOX.

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

you used as an example of how useless fences are, the Great Wall of China, how is it the a "deflection" to make a point in rubuttal to your premise? the Great Wall failed to keep INVADERS out, this much is true. so again if invaders are your standard then why is it a deflection to point out YOU are comparing the waves of illegals across southern border to an invading army?

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

you used as an example of how useless fences are, the Great Wall of China, how is it the a "deflection" to make a point in rubuttal to your premise? the Great Wall failed to keep INVADERS out, this much is true. so again if invaders are your standard then why is it a deflection to point out YOU are comparing the waves of illegals across southern border to an invading army?

So, Mexican cartels can not, or will not, bribe people to move human traffic past the wall? So Mexicans, not being an army, will not come aboard ship, like the Cubans did, or airplanes? So Mexicans, not being an army, will not dig tunnels and climb ladders, which they are already doing in Nogales to San Diego? So Mexicans, not being an invading army, will not simply overstay their visa's, like they have been doing for decades, by the millions? So, building a multi-billion dollar wall, as Trump wants to do, will have an impact on Mexicans, because they are not an invading army?

Just keep digging that hole, Bedowin. You may come out in china!

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

So, Mexican cartels can not, or will not, bribe people to move human traffic past the wall? So Mexicans, not being an army, will not come aboard ship, like the Cubans did, or airplanes? So Mexicans, not being an army, will not dig tunnels and climb ladders, which they are already doing in Nogales to San Diego? So Mexicans, not being an invading army, will not simply overstay their visa's, like they have been doing for decades, by the millions? So, building a multi-billion dollar wall, as Trump wants to do, will have an impact on Mexicans, because they are not an invading army?

Just keep digging that hole, Bedowin. You may come out in china!

thanks for making my point for me genius!!
unless you're clueless it should have been obvious i was only pointing out YOUR comparison OF THEM TO AN INVADING ARMY? WHEN DID I SAY I DISAGREED WITH THAT CONCLUSION?

i did say it isnt the Middle Ages. is it still the Middle Ages

but thanks for providing me several more reasons why it SHOULD be compared to an invading army!! IA GREE!!

NOW; since we both agree it is like an invadng army can we agree your defeatist attitude doesnt help?

Since we are facing an invading army from Latinos, I think that you should write your congressman and request a declaration of war. Then we can round them all up, like we did the japanese, in 1942, and put them in concentration camps. Trump could visit them from time to time, and then have press conferences where he will claim that they all love him!

Since we are facing an invading army from Latinos, I think that you should write your congressman and request a declaration of war. Then we can round them all up, like we did the japanese, in 1942, and put them in concentration camps. Trump could visit them from time to time, and then have press conferences where he will claim that they all love him!

um obama actually did round them up and put them in camps

but what did he do next?

refused access to the camps even from our elected people in congress
then bused them all over the country
and released them on a promise to (dis)appear
to people in many cases that werent even related
dumping them on economically stressed cities and towns

what good is a wall when the Enemy is within?

yes people rush to america desperate for a chance to be exploited and used for cheap labor

you are a clown

about a whole 4% of illegals work in agriculture; including all kinds of farm work from picking crops to slaughterhouses?

try again

Forum List

Back