Laredo City Manager: a border wall is unnecessary

Bedowin, you get your information from AM radio and Fox. You do not have the slightest idea of what is going on down here. i live 35 miles from the border in the desert. I have been to court and seen the deportations. i have volunteered to rescue illegals who want to surrender, after having been left in the desert by coyotes to die. I have talked to them. They are here for jobs. Your republican buddies are providing them jobs. Obama has nothing to do with it. In fact, he has deported more illegals in his partially completed presidency than any other 2 term president in history.

you are a lying blind fool

i dont care where you live dummy

most illegals find their way in eventually

catch and release isnt working

it's VERY WELL DOCUMENTED

"REPUBLICAN BUDDIES"

why are you predictably idiotic losers always insisting only right-wingers own businesses?

do left-wingers own businesses?

or are you saying they DO but never hire illegals?

what morons

just self-deceiving idiots

obama's deportation numbers are GARBAGE

and despite your also very predictable whines about AM radio and Fox
i can provide you with even left-wng sites with at least a shred of honesty that will admit is numbers on deportations are fudged

not that you're likely to man up and accept them

Removals are highest on an annual basis under Obama, says Theresa Brown, Bipartisan Policy Center director of immigration policy. But if you factor in returns, Bush indeed outpaces Obama.
"If you want to say that he’s removed more people than any other administration, then that’s true," Brown said. "If you want to say he hasn’t actually expelled more people than any other president, that might also be true."
People should be more precise so we know exactly what they mean by "deportation," Brown said. "It’s the difference between getting off with a warning and going to court."

like usual self-deceiving left-wing losers pass off semantics, smoke and mirrors as actual facts

Last edited:
We should hire the Chinese to build the wall. They built the longest one on earth to keep the Mongols out. Of course, the Mongols just bribed their way through, conquered, and ruled China for hundreds of years, anyway. But that isn't the point......

because it's still the Middle Ages

what happened to "YES WE CAN!!" from thes left-wing nutjobs

Please explain to this under informed liberal how building a multibillion dollar fence will keep out the 50% of illegal aliens, who simply overstay their visa. And, while you're at it, you might want to read up on tunnels and ladders. They, too, have been around since the Middle Ages. BTW, did bribery die out in the Middle Ages? Of course, everyone knows that illegals can't swim, and never fly, so there would be no need to handle air and sea trespassers...or are you thinking about building the fence across the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico? This being Trump's big idea, I can't wait to hear his other ideas!

YAWN

OK MR self-admitted under-informed person. it's not that you're under-informed; it's tht you dont make any sense. so half of all illegals came on visas and just stayed?
and that is a good excuse to not to anything about our border how and why again?

We should hire the Chinese to build the wall. They built the longest one on earth to keep the Mongols out. Of course, the Mongols just bribed their way through, conquered, and ruled China for hundreds of years, anyway. But that isn't the point......

because it's still the Middle Ages

what happened to "YES WE CAN!!" from thes left-wing nutjobs

Please explain to this under informed liberal how building a multibillion dollar fence will keep out the 50% of illegal aliens, who simply overstay their visa. And, while you're at it, you might want to read up on tunnels and ladders. They, too, have been around since the Middle Ages. BTW, did bribery die out in the Middle Ages? Of course, everyone knows that illegals can't swim, and never fly, so there would be no need to handle air and sea trespassers...or are you thinking about building the fence across the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico? This being Trump's big idea, I can't wait to hear his other ideas!

like I said; people of your ilk are all about the "yes we can" and portray yourselves as problem solvers and "forward-looking". Yet here you are offering nothing but hopelessness. your talking points are irrelevant to the point of being amusing. before illegals can get to the wall they have to cross miles of harsh desert. they manage to make it here not because they are well-equipped like a Mongol army, but because they have HELP. there are aid stations on both sides of the border that offer water and food to hungry illegal travelers.

FACE IT illegals are here because we make it comfortable for them to be here. Illegals CAN AND DO get all the social safety net benefits the Left says they dont; if only on behalf of their anchor babies.
illegals also know this President doesnt want to make them leave; know this President's Party offers them "SANCTUARY" and panders to them. the killer of the San Francisco woman CHOSE to go to san fran because he KNEW he would find SANCTUARY there.

it IS however amusing that you unwittingly use as an example to make a point A COMPARISON TO AN INVADING ARMY.
I doubt you realized you meant to make the point for the other side, but you did........because fences and walls are even less useful than the Great Wall of China WHEN YOU'RE HELPING THE INVADERS CLIMB OVER THE WALL

idiots and hypocrites

Gee, I thought that we were talking about Trump wanting to build a totally useless multi-billion dollar fence. Ii had no idea that, when confronted with the futility of that, that you would deflect the entire conversation to damn near everything else EXCEPT Trump's totally useless multimillion dollar fence!

you used as an example of how useless fences are, the Great Wall of China, how is it the a "deflection" to make a point in rubuttal to your premise? the Great Wall failed to keep INVADERS out, this much is true. so again if invaders are your standard then why is it a deflection to point out YOU are comparing the waves of illegals across southern border to an invading army?

The walls Israel built seem to separate the Palestinians from the Israelis.

Removals are highest on an annual basis under Obama, says Theresa Brown, Bipartisan Policy Center director of immigration policy. But if you factor in returns, Bush indeed outpaces Obama.
"If you want to say that he’s removed more people than any other administration, then that’s true," Brown said. "If you want to say he hasn’t actually expelled more people than any other president, that might also be true."
People should be more precise so we know exactly what they mean by "deportation," Brown said. "It’s the difference between getting off with a warning and going to court."

like usual self-deceiving left-wing losers pass off semantics, smoke and mirrors as actual facts

In my link about Operation Streamline (which was put together by baby Bush, BTW), the following facts are documented:
1. You can not deport anyone until a federal court has determined that he is an illegal immigrant
2. About 12 federal courts are 100% devoted to this task. Other federal courts also do this as part of their regular federal court business.
3. The first time they are found guilty of being an illegal immigrant, they are convicted of a misdemeanor, and deported
4. The second time they are convicted of being an illegal immigrant, it is a felony, and they can get up to 2 years, then deported.
5. The third time they are found to be an illegal immigrant, they can get 20 years, then deported.

And Trump would do what (within the constitution) to improve this? (other than rant in from of the cameras, that is)

In my link about Operation Streamline (which was put together by baby Bush, BTW), the following facts are documented:
1. You can not deport anyone until a federal court has determined that he is an illegal immigrant
2. About 12 federal courts are 100% devoted to this task. Other federal courts also do this as part of their regular federal court business.
3. The first time they are found guilty of being an illegal immigrant, they are convicted of a misdemeanor, and deported
4. The second time they are convicted of being an illegal immigrant, it is a felony, and they can get up to 2 years, then deported.
5. The third time they are found to be an illegal immigrant, they can get 20 years, then deported.

And Trump would do what (within the constitution) to improve this? (other than rant in from of the cameras, that is)

thank-you for making MY point yet AGAIN.
those are the rules for deportations

but obama is now counting people turned away at the border, caught and released, as deportations. i provided you with several links proving this.

if a mexican comes here illegally then he is working here illegally.....then sending the money back to his real home in mexico is stealing U.S. money illegally to another country.....they are bandidos....

exactly; and since many work under the table they arent even paying taxes on it at all

the Left is always looking for new ways to finance its version of utopia; you'd think they would tax the $100 BILLION being sent out of the country yearly

Funny, that you are so willing to call the hard worker doing what he can to keep his family alive criminal....yet it is against the law to hire illegals and most conservatives just look the other way and don't scream out to their politicians to start enforcing stronger penalties at those who hire the illegals......

And you are so full of shit....they pay taxes on what they make. You need to educate yourself before spouting off.

It's a myth that illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, says Dulce Guerroro, a self-confessed illegal immigrant living in Mableton, Georgia.

Guerrero's whole family is undocumented, except for her 13-year old younger brother, who was born in the U.S. and is a U.S. citizen. She says that they all work and pay taxes through their Internal Revenue System (IRS) issued Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs).

"People always, always point out that we don't pay taxes, which is a complete lie," Guerrero told Business Insider.

How Illegal Immigrants Pay Taxes - Business Insider

Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance. My reps are very aware of my opinions on illegals and the people who hire them.

Your reps are as delusional as you are. Get educated....do some research, you'll be amazed at how much you don't know.

You made a statement, "most conservatives just look the other way and don't scream out to their politicians to start enforcing stronger penalties at those who hire the illegals......" , I do and according to my reps others do also. Deal with it, you are wrong.

You and your reps do not the whole United States make.........illegals keep coming because they keep getting hired...obviously someone is not reporting the employers or they wouldn't continue to hire illegals.......like Trump, himself, who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

But, about being wrong, I've never seen a conservative post something derogatory about the employers who hire illegals...it's always the illegals' fault. If they weren't getting hired, they wouldn't come, and we wouldn't need stupid fences.

exactly; and since many work under the table they arent even paying taxes on it at all

the Left is always looking for new ways to finance its version of utopia; you'd think they would tax the $100 BILLION being sent out of the country yearly

Funny, that you are so willing to call the hard worker doing what he can to keep his family alive criminal....yet it is against the law to hire illegals and most conservatives just look the other way and don't scream out to their politicians to start enforcing stronger penalties at those who hire the illegals......

And you are so full of shit....they pay taxes on what they make. You need to educate yourself before spouting off.

It's a myth that illegal immigrants don't pay taxes, says Dulce Guerroro, a self-confessed illegal immigrant living in Mableton, Georgia.

Guerrero's whole family is undocumented, except for her 13-year old younger brother, who was born in the U.S. and is a U.S. citizen. She says that they all work and pay taxes through their Internal Revenue System (IRS) issued Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs).

"People always, always point out that we don't pay taxes, which is a complete lie," Guerrero told Business Insider.

How Illegal Immigrants Pay Taxes - Business Insider

Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance. My reps are very aware of my opinions on illegals and the people who hire them.

Your reps are as delusional as you are. Get educated....do some research, you'll be amazed at how much you don't know.

You made a statement, "most conservatives just look the other way and don't scream out to their politicians to start enforcing stronger penalties at those who hire the illegals......" , I do and according to my reps others do also. Deal with it, you are wrong.

You and your reps do not the whole United States make.........illegals keep coming because they keep getting hired...obviously someone is not reporting the employers or they wouldn't continue to hire illegals.......like Trump, himself, who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

But, about being wrong, I've never seen a conservative post something derogatory about the employers who hire illegals...it's always the illegals' fault. If they weren't getting hired, they wouldn't come, and we wouldn't need stupid fences.

do you EVER stop being an idiot?
you're only counting ones that are working

obama halted ICE raids on the employers of illegals

libs are losers who lie to themselves

You sure live in the wrong state to be mad about that...

Actually I'm in the right State, at least most of the State reps care that illegals are costing us billions a year.

Sure they do....

Some 44 percent of the company's Houston workforce from 2005 to 2009 was in the country illegally and was paid an estimated $2 million during that time, the audit showed.

On Tuesday, U.S. immigration officials and federal prosecutors announced they had reached a $2 million settlement with ACSI in exchange for avoiding criminal prosecution.

A second Houston company, Champion Window, also has agreed to forfeit $2 million to the government after an audit last year found 269 of its 451 workers - roughly 60 percent of its workforce - lacked legal status.

Companies pay millions for hiring illegal immigrants - Houston Chronicle

Under Obama, Businesses Now Face "Very Little Risk" in ...
townhall.com/.../under-obama-businesses-now-face-very-l...
Townhall.com
Jun 16, 2015 - Under Obama, Businesses Now Face "Very Little Risk" in Hiring Illegal Immigrants ... of current laws prohibiting the employment of illegals,” which Heritage ... stopped the Bush-era practice of raiding businesses in person, they did shift .... who feel the same way, finally step up and slap this president down.

Forum List

Back