🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Larry Hogan’s audacious bet: A Trump critic could win the GOP’s 2024 nod...that's why he might run himself

• Banned
excerpts:

Larry Hogan is going national, using his cred as a popular blue-state Republican to help other GOP candidates ahead of a potential 2024 presidential bid.

The Maryland governor, an outspoken critic of former President Donald Trump, is lending his help to Republicans in states filled with suburban voters who bolted the party during the Trump era. Over the past few weeks, Hogan has campaigned for Virginia gubernatorial hopeful Glenn Youngkin and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. This weekend, he was the keynote speaker at an Amelia Island, Fla., conference hosted by the moderate Republican Main Street Partnership.

And next May, Hogan is set to speak at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum’s “Time for Choosing” series focused on the future of the Republican Party. The forum in Simi Valley, Calif., has drawn an array of would-be presidential candidates, including former Vice President Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

During Hogan’s travels, he has also set aside time to meet with donors, a ritual for those looking to build a national political apparatus.

Hogan told POLITICO he was currently focused on the 2022 midterms rather than the 2024 race. But, in an indication of his interest, Hogan said he saw an opening in the forthcoming primary for a Trump critic, and he added that he would not be dissuaded from running for president in the event Trump waged a comeback, a position some other prospective Republican candidates have been reluctant to take.

“If I decide that I want to run for president, it certainly wouldn’t stop me that he’s in the race, that’s for sure,” Hogan said

Being a PUB GOV of a garbage blue state like Maryland is impressive....and he actually worked in the private sector.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Hogan's a cancer survivor. be careful to count him out

he's also not running for Senate, so there's an opening to run for president, according to the article:

"With his home-state approval ratings sky-high, there have been discussions within Republican circles that Hogan might be better off waging a 2022 challenge to Democratic Sen. Chris Van Hollen rather than prepping a presidential bid. But Hogan flatly rejected that idea.

“I really don’t have any desire to run for Senate in 2022,” he said. “Being one of 100 people and arguing all day and getting nothing done just doesn’t have a big appeal for me.”

I don't see it happening. He's not mealy mouthed enough. The gop needs someone like Cotton who can be both for, and not for, Trump simultaneously. And all the while be for increasing income inequality.

I don't see it happening. He's not mealy mouthed enough. The gop needs someone like Cotton who can be both for, and not for, Trump simultaneously.
Cotton, Hawley, Cruz, DeSantis, Rubio...all young, and i would support them all

I don't know much about Hogan, but having grown up in Massachusetts I'm always skeptical of "blue state" Republicans because there tends to be very little difference between them and your average Democrat.

The parties just love feeding into the other's worst impulses.
I don't really know about the gop anymore. The dems are making sure Trump (the failed progressive bully) doesn't run while Red Bernie and AOC block infrastructure that people want unless they get free college and tax cuts for people who don't have jobs.

I don't see it happening. He's not mealy mouthed enough. The gop needs someone like Cotton who can be both for, and not for, Trump simultaneously. And all the while be for increasing income inequality.
This guy Hogan is about as electable as a tub of rancid mayonnaise. in the middle of a heat wave. He's an anti Trump-bot and campaigning for Brian Kemp is like stumping for the Ayatollah.

Hate him or not Trump is as popular as ever with the base. So, good luck.

Edit...just to clarify I would prefer a new younger face, not that I don't like Trump, but he has truly
crashed through a lot of China shops.
Someone with Trump like policies without Trump like animosities and drama would be nice.

Last edited:
This guy Hogan is about as electable as a tub of rancid mayonnaise. in the middle of a heat wave. He's an anti Trump-bot and campaigning for Brian Kemp is like stumping for the Ayatollah.

Hate him or not Trump is as popular as ever with the base. So, good luck.

Edit...just to clarify I would prefer a new younger face, not that I don't like Trump, but he has truly
crashed through a lot of China shops.
Someone with Trump like policies without Trump like animosities and drama would be nice.
what about Dan Quayle's son? he did serve one term in Congress in the tea party wave of 2010

Forum List

Back