Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

I happened upon this - another demonstration of how the LV shooter could have easily chosen to kill a lot more people .
Note that everything here is completely legal, until you attach the drill.
Once you spin the drill up, you're looking at 1000-1200 rounds per minute going down range.
Yeah, he went a different. more recognizable to his own experience with firearms route.
True, though it takes about 10 minutes of figuring to devise this.
And?
Not sure why it isn't obvious:
The only reason he didn't use a rig like this is he didn't want to.
Thus, he chose to limit the number of people he could kill.
So he was a compassionate rightwing conspiracy nut.

I happened upon this - another demonstration of how the LV shooter could have easily chosen to kill a lot more people .
Once you spin the drill up, you're looking at 1000-1200 rounds per minute going down range.
Yeah, he went a different. more recognizable to his own experience with firearms route.
And?
So he was a compassionate rightwing conspiracy nut.

He's practically a saint.

The shooter in LV was effective because he had a tremendous shooting position into a large crowd.

The bump stocks actually limited his effectiveness because they caused the guns to jam.

He was fairly wealthy and could have afforded real full .auto weapons on either the black market or legal Class III. Modified ARs or AKs could have easily been acquired.

Semi auto would have been just as or probably more effective in his shooting position.

Binary triggers would have been more effective than a bump stock for putting bullets into the crowd.

As bad as the shooting was it would have been worse if he had not used those stupid bump stocks.

Trump was an idiot to ban them.

Remind me, how many people did he kill and historically how does that number line up with other mass shootings?
As you know, this is irrelevant to the point made.
What's the point?
Please pay attention.
I did. You seem to be saying it could have been worse.
There's no "seem" involved.
The question is why the shooter chose to spend tens of thousand of dollars on firearms, but limit the number of people he could kill.

The shooter in LV was effective because he had a tremendous shooting position into a large crowd.
The bump stocks actually limited his effectiveness because they caused the guns to jam.
He was fairly wealthy and could have afforded real full .auto weapons on either the black market or legal Class III. Modified ARs or AKs could have easily been acquired.
Semi auto would have been just as or probably more effective in his shooting position.
Binary triggers would have been more effective than a bump stock for putting bullets into the crowd.
As bad as the shooting was it would have been worse if he had not used those stupid bump stocks.
Trump was an idiot to ban them.
All true.
And yet, no one wonders why he chose to limit his ability to kill people.
Except me, of course.

And?

Remind me, how many people did he kill and historically how does that number line up with other mass shootings?

Las Vegas.... 58 killed...2 rifles used. ( firing from a concealed, fortified position into a tightly packed, unsuspecting crowd, of over 22,000 people)

Virginia Tech.... 32 killed, 2 pistols used...

Luby's Cafe.... 24 killed, 2 pistols used.....

Nice, Paris...muslim terrorist using a rental truck....... 86 killed, 435 injured

And?

Las Vegas.... 58 killed...2 rifles used. ( firing from a concealed, fortified position into a tightly packed, unsuspecting crowd, of over 22,000 people)

Nice, Paris...muslim terrorist using a rental truck....... 86 killed, 435 injured

Yeah, he's number 1 in the US. Congratulations I guess.

And?

This is why leftists like you need to be kept from the levers of power in this country.

And?

911, terrorist used four airplanes, 0ver 3,000 killed.

This is why leftists like you need to be kept from the levers of power in this country.

I'm not really for an assault weapons ban, but to deny what this guy was able to do with what he has is just dishonest.

And?

911, terrorist used four airplanes, 0ver 3,000 killed.

Just curious, what was the aftermath from that? Did the government take any actions to prevent this from happening again? Yes? OK.

I'm not really for an assault weapons ban, but to deny what this guy was able to do with what he has is just dishonest.
As is is your avoidance of the question as to why the shooter chose to spend tens of thousand of dollars on firearms, but limit the number of people he could kill.

As is is your avoidance of the question as to why the shooter chose to spend tens of thousand of dollars on firearms, but limit the number of people he could kill.

Those firearms were his hobby. Whether it was the right choice or not, he went with what was easily available and he had at least some experience with them. Not really sure what your point is.

Those firearms were his hobby. Whether it was the right choice or not, he want with what was easily available and he had at least some experience with them. Not really sure what your point is.
Because you refuse to pay attention.

No...it is looking at the situation in a rational way.

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands in this country.

There were 4 instances where they were used to commit murder in a public place. in 2019 ......out of over 18 million rifles in private hands. 41 people were killed in these illegal attacks....on unarmed people.

41 people out of over 320 million people.

Bicycles in 2017 killed 345 people

knives were used to kill over 1,500 people.

Clubs over 400.

Bare hands over 400.

This is why what you want is irrational, and makes no sense. Hand guns kill more people than rifles do every single year......

Your position makes no sense, it is irrational, and the irrationality of it is the reason we don't trust you.....

Those firearms were his hobby. Whether it was the right choice or not, he want with what was easily available and he had at least some experience with them. Not really sure what your point is.

That he didn't do it the way you think would have been best? OK. Like I said he appeared to use what he was familiar with and it was enough to kill more people than anyone else.

Maybe he should have gotten a pilots license and crashed a plane into the crowd.

There were 4 instances where they were used to commit murder in a public place. in 2019 ......out of over 18 million rifles in private hands. 41 people were killed in these illegal attacks....on unarmed people.

Clubs over 400.

Bare hands over 400.

This is why what you want is irrational, and makes no sense. Hand guns kill more people than rifles do every single year......

Your position makes no sense, it is irrational, and the irrationality of it is the reason we don't trust you.....

Neat. In the meantime you literally have hundreds of not thousands left with PTSD after the Las Vegas event alone.

Like I said I don't think an assault weapons ban would solve much but to pretend the Las Vegas shooting wasn't significant is just ghoulish.

The reason he was able to do that was the choice of his target, not the weapon...

Gilroy...same rifle...3 killed...cause armed people shot back right away.

Dayton....9 people...same rifle, cause armed people shot back right away.

Virginia Tech...32 people killed with 2 pistols...cause the shooter wasn't stopped by people with guns as he rampaged around the campus.

Luby's cafe...24 people with 2 pistols cause the one woman who had her gun, had to leave it in her car because Luby's was a gun free zone.

That he didn't do it the way you think would have been best?
Its clear you aren't willing to consider this issue in a rational, reasoned way.
Get well soon.

Clubs over 400.

Bare hands over 400.

Neat. In the meantime you literally have hundreds of not thousands left with PTSD after the Las Vegas event alone.

Like I said I don't think an assault weapons ban would solve much but to pretend the Las Vegas shooting wasn't significant is just ghoulish.

It wasn't....... sorry, it just wasn't. 18 million of these rifles in private hands........more people are killed on bicycles than are killed with any rifle any year........

Forum List

Back