Last Man Standing canceled

It went for five seasons. If anything that's a good run nowadays.
It still had a good following:

Canceled TV Shows: The Complete List of Television Cancellations 2017

This is one that the fans are most pissed about. It had six seasons, 130 episodes and starred Tim Allen! What went wrong?! It was the second most-watched show in the '16-'17 season and ABC's choice to rip it off air is definitely one that has a lot of people scratching their heads (and begging for another network to save it). While Tim tweeted after he heard the news saying, “Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years.” Some wonder if it was actually the star's off-kilter words on Jimmy Kimmel, where he referred to being a Republican in Hollywood as similar to living in Nazi Germany, as a possible reason for ABC's decision to cut ties. ABC would have also had to pick up the production costs during their seventh season which they didn't want to do.

This is one that the fans are most pissed about. It had six seasons, 130 episodes and starred Tim Allen! What went wrong?! It was the second most-watched show in the '16-'17 season and ABC's choice to rip it off air is definitely one that has a lot of people scratching their heads (and begging for another network to save it). While Tim tweeted after he heard the news saying, “Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years.” Some wonder if it was actually the star's off-kilter words on Jimmy Kimmel, where he referred to being a Republican in Hollywood as similar to living in Nazi Germany, as a possible reason for ABC's decision to cut ties. ABC would have also had to pick up the production costs during their seventh season which they didn't want to do.

Yeah, but it's ABC. If it was their second most watched show thirteen people were watching it.

Yeah, but it's ABC. If it was their second most watched show thirteen people were watching it.
8.1 million, Modern Family, which has a better time slot and more publicity, 8.7 million. And the Modern Family cast were just given raises.

8.1 million, Modern Family, which has a better time slot and more publicity, 8.7 million. And the Modern Family cast were just given raises.
modern family should be retired too.....its getting kinda stale.....

If it was all about politics I doubt they would have let it run for six years. You don't invest that kind of time and money into something you never wanted on the air.

Is there clearer evidence of the bias against white conservatives then the cancelation of The Last Man Standing? And I don't mean just from Netflix.

'Last Man Standing' being removed from Netflix, but for a good reason
Netflix and Hulu are co-owned by Rupert Murdoch and his two liberal sons who have been in charge since last year. And just recently a new high-powered producer ( Scandal and others ) from ABC has been hired by Netflix. She, Shonda Rhimes, is responsible for many of the original NETFLIX programs Also Hulu has been airing Last Man Standing for a long time. I used to watch it there before I discontinued Hulu.

Disney is pulling out of NTFX.

Net's content has changed dramatically in recent months. Much more LGBT programming.

I am not watching as much Net as I used to.

Shonda Rhimes:

shonda_rhimes_headshot_a_p.jpg

Popular shows are cancelled all the time. Longmire came back, but most don't. There was a huge fuss raised when Firefly was cancelled.

>

Loved the show and have binged watch it on Netflix before the end of the month.

But what really chaps my ass is shows that you connect with then the network cancels it during the off season. I much more respect networks that take a long running show (say more than one or two seasons) that do have fan base that want to cancel a show and provide advanced notice that it will end after the next season. That gives the shows developers and writers the opportunity to bring closure not only for the character story arcs, but also for the audiance that has come to enjoy their time with the characters.

>>>>

Is there clearer evidence of the bias against white conservatives then the cancelation of The Last Man Standing? And I don't mean just from Netflix.

'Last Man Standing' being removed from Netflix, but for a good reason
Lots of shows woth higher ratings have been cancelled, snowflake. Sack up and stop being such a victim.
Why, no matter the topic, someone like you has to show up?

Oh you want to live in your victim fantasy and refuse to believe countless shows with equal or higher ratings have never been cancelled? Okay, princess :itsok:

I saw maybe ten minutes of the first "last man" episode and that was enough....childish Jim Carrey fart jokes stuff. On the other hand I binge-watched the new NetFlix 10 episode "Narcos" about taking down the Cali Cartel in three nights on a pirate streaming site. Some of the best TV I've seen in years...much better than the first two seasons. Showtime's Ray Donovan is almost unwatchable this season with his wife's cancer and suicide....who needs that when you're looking for an escape from reality? And thank God the MLB season is almost over....having to watch my Tigers play like a AA team has been almost unbearable.

Actually it went for six seasons.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, it deserved at least one more, especially when there is absolutely nothing special about what ended up being the final episode of the show.

Forum List

Back