Last Night Wouldn't Have Happened To Dave Chappelle

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018

"While presenting best documentary feature at the Oscars, Rock made a joke about Pinkett Smith’s shaved head by comparing it to the look of Demi Moore in the 1997 movie “G.I. Jane.” Rock said he couldn’t wait to see Pinkett Smith, who has alopecia, star in “G.I. Jane 2,” which led Smith to go up on stage and slap Rock. Chris Rock has “declined to file a police report” following the altercation."

I don't watch the Oscars...so when I woke up and saw "#cuck" trending on Twitter in association with Will Smith; I saw that the Oscars was watchable for the first time in like ever.....Not since Robert Opel streaked across the stage has there been so much controversy at the Oscars...
20a393418760a720a3f515650c4d9167--david-niven-british-actors.jpg
So the thought experiment I have is......would that have happened to Dave Chappelle? Would Will have got up and slapped Dave like that?? Dave Chappelle has really bulked up since the days of the Chappelle show -- and even if Will Smith did slap him over a joke -- I don't think Dave would have hit him back....BUT...... he would have done about 60 more minutes of Jada jokes until the Smith family left the building in tears....Unless you know the history of Will and Jada; you wouldn't understand how their relationship is such ripe territory for any comic....What Chris said was nothing compared to what could have been joked about...and Dave is the best suited to pull it off....

Why did they allow Will Smith to stay, are they condoning this assault? He should have been ushered out by security. The Woke Academies confirm to us that it's a well dressed group of hypocrites.

He has signed up for some of this abuse, within reason. Now, if this joke occurred on the street by a stranger, I might understand the reaction, but it's an award show. He should have stayed in his seat and yelled at Rock how he felt about his joke. At worst, get up and walk out in protest. He should not have assaulted him in the context of such a show.

All of the lemmings laughed at the joke when it was told, even Will himself. Once his wife showed her dismay, he went into "Ali" mode and gave Chris a cat swipe swing. It wasn't even a full hand from what I could tell and if Chris were a man with any experience fighting, Smith might not have made it back to his seat. Does he believe he should attack all of the crowd who laughed at the joke?

My guess is that an intervention is required for Smith. Just a guess, he doesn't seem stable. Maybe it's medications of some sort, but he appears emotionally fragile, though I do understand his response and some part of me admires him for doing so even if it's unacceptable.

Regardless, one has to be better in such circumstances.

"While presenting best documentary feature at the Oscars, Rock made a joke about Pinkett Smith’s shaved head by comparing it to the look of Demi Moore in the 1997 movie “G.I. Jane.” Rock said he couldn’t wait to see Pinkett Smith, who has alopecia, star in “G.I. Jane 2,” which led Smith to go up on stage and slap Rock. Chris Rock has “declined to file a police report” following the altercation."

I don't watch the Oscars...so when I woke up and saw "#cuck" trending on Twitter in association with Will Smith; I saw that the Oscars was watchable for the first time in like ever.....Not since Robert Opel streaked across the stage has there been so much controversy at the Oscars...
View attachment 622302
So the thought experiment I have is......would that have happened to Dave Chappelle? Would Will have got up and slapped Dave like that?? Dave Chappelle has really bulked up since the days of the Chappelle show -- and even if Will Smith did slap him over a joke -- I don't think Dave would have hit him back....BUT...... he would have done about 60 more minutes of Jada jokes until the Smith family left the building in tears....Unless you know the history of Will and Jada; you wouldn't understand how their relationship is such ripe territory for any comic....What Chris said was nothing compared to what could have been joked about...and Dave is the best suited to pull it off....
Nobody hits the GOAT.

Why did they allow Will Smith to stay, are they condoning this assault? He should have been ushered out by security. The Woke Academies confirm to us that it's a well dressed group of hypocrites.

He has signed up for some of this abuse, within reason. Now, if this joke occurred on the street by a stranger, I might understand the reaction, but it's an award show. He should have stayed in his seat and yelled at Rock how he felt about his joke. At worst, get up and walk out in protest. He should not have assaulted him in the context of such a show.

All of the lemmings laughed at the joke when it was told, even Will himself. Once his wife showed her dismay, he went into "Ali" mode and gave Chris a cat swipe swing. It wasn't even a full hand from what I could tell and if Chris were a man with any experience fighting, Smith might not have made it back to his seat. Does he believe he should attack all of the crowd who laughed at the joke?

My guess is that an intervention is required for Smith. Just a guess, he doesn't seem stable. Maybe it's medications of some sort, but he appears emotionally fragile, though I do understand his response and some part of me admires him for doing so even if it's unacceptable.

Will Smith can expect lots of jokes at his expense now. Chappell is going to have a field day. He just might have ended his career.

Think about it......

A guy slaps the host of the Oscars.....

then goes on to win the Oscars......

Definitely a first.....but I can imagine Betty Davis or Joan Crawford getting away with something like this back in the day....

View attachment 622302
Easy answer… Will Smith is like Russia, Chris Rock is like Biden, Dave Chapelle is like Trump, and the slap is the invasion of Ukraine. The slap don’t happen if Chapelle was in power

Will Smith can expect lots of jokes at his expense now. Chappell is going to have a field day. He just might have ended his career.
Oh, Will is far too talented to have a comic end his career.....

I suspect there will be a press release that details how Chris and Will got together and apologized to each other, blah blah...and this will just be a footnote in history....

Both men are talented and Jada is too rich to be so thin-skinned...

I suspect there will be a press release that details how Chris and Will got together and apologized to each other, blah blah...and this will just be a footnote in history....

I don’t give shit really…I do hope Chappell rips his ass though. It would be very funny.

Agreed. Mr and Mrs Smith need to thicken up the ol skin. Take some notes from Angelina and Brad

Think about it......

A guy slaps the host of the Oscars.....

then goes on to win the Oscars......

Definitely a first.....but I can imagine Betty Davis or Joan Crawford getting away with something like this back in the day....
TV was different back then. TV is like a late night Comedy club now.

If Smith's wife intentionally wore her hair like that, then I would say there was no excuse for Smith's actions. But would Rock have made a joke if Jada Pinkett Smith was a stutterer, or had a club foot or a cleft palette? Rock basically made fun of her medical condition, and Will Smith (and, yes, I will profess that I'm a fan) sent a loud and clear message last night that he believesno venue is the right venue for so-called "jokes" like that.

Could he have handled it differently? Certainly. He could've made his comment to Rock without leaving his seat and still got his message across, but I understand why he reacted as he did. Frankly, I'm mildly surprised that he only hit him once. I think it says a lot about Rock that he declined to press charges, and I think with the clarity of time this will blow over. It was an ill-advised and ill-timed attempt at humor, and I think Smith will eventually understand that...

I don’t give shit really…I do hope Chappell rips his ass though. It would be very funny.
The real part about Will and Jada's life that a comic could joke about is....is this....

"They admitted what their representatives had initially vehemently denied a couple of weeks ago: that during a period of separation with Will four and a half years ago, Jada had a relationship — what she called “an entanglement” — with R&B singer August Alsina, 27."

Basically, it is widely known around Hollywood circles that Will and Jada engage in something pretty close to being swingers.....except, Jada messed around and fell in love with one of the dudes she was fucking....and Will had to accept it and here we are.....so Will is very defensive about all things Jada, so I understand, but that couldn't be me...

If Smith's wife intentionally wore her hair like that, then I would say there was no excuse for Smith's actions. But would Rock have made a joke if Jada Pinkett Smith was a stutterer, or had a club foot or a cleft palette? Rock basically made fun of her medical condition, and Will Smith (and, yes, I will profess that I'm a fan) sent a loud and clear message last night that he believesno venue is the right venue for so-called "jokes" like that.

Could he have handled it differently? Certainly. He could've made his comment to Rock without leaving his seat and still got his message across, but I understand why he reacted as he did. Frankly, I'm mildly surprised that he only hit him once. I think it says a lot about Rock that he declined to press charges, and I think with the clarity of time this will blow over. It was an ill-advised and ill-timed attempt at humor, and I think Smith will eventually understand that...
If Jada was a stutterer or had a club foot..she wouldn't be a famous Hollywood actress.....

People really seem to forget how vain Hollywood is...and how vain we all are to be honest.....

It aint like he made a joke about her hairloss due to cancer, or made jokes about her Type 1 Diabetes.....nobody is dying from her condition....this was only a thing because Chris was bold enough to do the joke in their face...

If Jada was a stutterer or had a club foot..she wouldn't be a famous Hollywood actress.....

People really seem to forget how vain Hollywood is...and how vain we all are to be honest.....

It aint like he made a joke about her hairloss due to cancer, or made jokes about her Type 1 Diabetes.....nobody is dying from her condition....this was only a thing because Chris was bold enough to do the joke in their face...

So jokes about a medical condition are only taboo if someone can die from the condition?

Chris Rock learned pretty quickly that he fucked up. That was obvious...

View attachment 622302

Yeah, Jada is a miserable, evil bitch.

So jokes about a medical condition are only taboo if someone can die from the condition?

Chris Rock learned pretty quickly that he fucked up. That was obvious...
We joke about fat people all the time.....which one can say is a medical condition...one that leads to death....so...again.....
-007ff11b1e4f0ecb.jpg

I find it funny that much of the people clutching their pearls over Chris' joke are the same people who would call others snowflakes because of not being able to take a "joke".....They would be telling trans folks to relax over Chappelle's jokes.....so I guess it only matters if the target of the joke are people you already hate or not...

Forum List

Back