Last year, Texas led the nation in closing down voting locations

The GOP managed to fool their idiotic base that actual in-person voting fraud is “rampant”, but how does one justify them closing actual voting locations? Obviously it’s to keep minorities from voting at all regardless of what ID they have in their possession because the GOP are fascist pieces of shit. Obviously white republican voters are okay with it. All that matters is that they win I guess. Either that, or they just believe anything their GOP masters tell them. Both seem equally likely.

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote | US news | The Guardian

You people consistently demonstrate that you lack even a modicum of independent thought, objectivity or curiosity. I know it's difficult for you to read past the headline of an article before racing over here and posting that it's the harbinger of the Trumpocalypse, but if you had read all of those things called "sentences" that are made up of all those words below the headline, you'd notice the following details, which the authors hid where you'd never think to look - right in the text of the article.

As the article states, the majority of the polling location closures were the result of Texas changing to "centralized, countywide polling places, called 'vote centers', which exist in almost a third of US states. Under countywide voting schemes, voters are no longer assigned to a polling place in their local precinct and can instead cast their ballot at any polling location in the county."

"Gee, I wonder what states those are?" is something a person with a normal working brain would ask. And if one were to take that inquiry a step further by opening their trusty internet browser and running a search, that person would learn that states that have switched to "vote centers" includes none other than the leftist utopia of California.

That fact in and of itself exposes this "voter suppression" narrative as pure political hackery, and you wouldn't be wrong for making that conclusion and ending your inquiry right there. But here's where genuine curiosity and objectivity come into play, as this conclusion can be objectively verified by digging a little more and lining up the vote center provisions in each state for comparison. California's vote center law (Cal. Elec. Code § 4005) requires there to be 1 vote center for every 10,000 registered voters in the three days before the election through election day, whereas the vote center roll-out in Texas, providing for "one polling place per 7,700 residents," is being called "voter suppression" by this article. This verifiable, objective evidence makes clear that the article is nothing more than a slam piece intended for consumption by impressionable lemmings who have no interest in questioning whether the headline is objectively accurate.
Lol you are such an idiot for buying that bullshit. But okay, let’s say they actually did this because it was “centralized”. Why does that somehow justify making a person drive 10s of miles when it was just easier to vote somewhere less than 5 miles away?
Perhaps you should ask California that as they have less centers meaning less voting facilities as for why they would do it, efficiency comes to mind, integrity of the voting system also comes to mind, fewer stations to man, so less cost over all and now instead of being forced to go to one localized site a voter can go to any of the centers they choose in their county.

The GOP managed to fool their idiotic base that actual in-person voting fraud is “rampant”, but how does one justify them closing actual voting locations? Obviously it’s to keep minorities from voting at all regardless of what ID they have in their possession because the GOP are fascist pieces of shit. Obviously white republican voters are okay with it. All that matters is that they win I guess. Either that, or they just believe anything their GOP masters tell them. Both seem equally likely.

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote | US news | The Guardian

You people consistently demonstrate that you lack even a modicum of independent thought, objectivity or curiosity. I know it's difficult for you to read past the headline of an article before racing over here and posting that it's the harbinger of the Trumpocalypse, but if you had read all of those things called "sentences" that are made up of all those words below the headline, you'd notice the following details, which the authors hid where you'd never think to look - right in the text of the article.

As the article states, the majority of the polling location closures were the result of Texas changing to "centralized, countywide polling places, called 'vote centers', which exist in almost a third of US states. Under countywide voting schemes, voters are no longer assigned to a polling place in their local precinct and can instead cast their ballot at any polling location in the county."

"Gee, I wonder what states those are?" is something a person with a normal working brain would ask. And if one were to take that inquiry a step further by opening their trusty internet browser and running a search, that person would learn that states that have switched to "vote centers" includes none other than the leftist utopia of California.

That fact in and of itself exposes this "voter suppression" narrative as pure political hackery, and you wouldn't be wrong for making that conclusion and ending your inquiry right there. But here's where genuine curiosity and objectivity come into play, as this conclusion can be objectively verified by digging a little more and lining up the vote center provisions in each state for comparison. California's vote center law (Cal. Elec. Code § 4005) requires there to be 1 vote center for every 10,000 registered voters in the three days before the election through election day, whereas the vote center roll-out in Texas, providing for "one polling place per 7,700 residents," is being called "voter suppression" by this article. This verifiable, objective evidence makes clear that the article is nothing more than a slam piece intended for consumption by impressionable lemmings who have no interest in questioning whether the headline is objectively accurate.

Lol you are such an idiot for buying that bullshit. But okay, let’s say they actually did this because it was “centralized”. Why does that somehow justify making a person drive 10s of miles when it was just easier to vote somewhere less than 5 miles away?

Oh thank you for reminding me. The very idea that having to drive 10 miles to vote when it was "just easier to vote somewhere less than 5 miles away" is tantamount to voter suppression for minorities is one of the most insulting, racially demeaning insinuations I've ever heard. I have yet to hear anyone justify that statement with anything that doesn't stink of racism when confronted, because the entire narrative is conditioned upon the implication that black people are too lazy and unmotivated to vote for their own interests in an election if they have to travel farther than a place that closed, simply because it was "easier" to vote at the other place. It's disgusting to me that this underlying narrative continues to be advanced using this sanitized boilerplate hypothetical.
Lol you assholes didn’t even think this voting crap was a problem prior to the GOP announcing for the first time in the 2012 election that it was. You just believe anything they tell you.
So I MUST assume you are MORE upset with California since it has fewer stations and thus farther apart.

Oh thank you for reminding me. The very idea that having to drive 10 miles to vote when it was "just easier to vote somewhere less than 5 miles away" is tantamount to voter suppression for minorities is one of the most insulting, racially demeaning insinuations I've ever heard. I have yet to hear anyone justify that statement with anything that doesn't stink of racism when confronted, because the entire narrative is conditioned upon the implication that black people are too lazy and unmotivated to vote for their own interests in an election if they have to travel farther than a place that closed, simply because it was "easier" to vote at the other place. It's disgusting to me that this underlying narrative continues to be advanced using this sanitized boilerplate hypothetical.
Lol you assholes didn’t even think this voting crap was a problem prior to the GOP announcing for the first time in the 2012 election that it was. You just believe anything they tell you.
So I MUST assume you are MORE upset with California since it has fewer stations and thus farther apart.
Um no because Texas has CLOSED the most. California doesn’t have some voting outrage. Obviously Californians vote no problem.

Um no because Texas has CLOSED the most. California doesn’t have some voting outrage. Obviously Californians vote no problem.
YOU RETARD California has voting centers which serve 10000 people. No local sites at all Texas has voting centers per 7700 people so MORE sites less travel. God you are beyond ignorant can not even understand simple math or English.

First of all, I have no idea what "this voting crap" is referring to, but your post is completely non-responsive to my post that you quoted. You either responded to the wrong post, or you're having an episode of word salad aphasia.
Obviously the narrative is that in person voting fraud is rampant. You blindly agree even though you didn’t know it was a “problem” until republicans told you it was. Here you are ranting about black people even though I never said anything about them lol

First of all, I have no idea what "this voting crap" is referring to, but your post is completely non-responsive to my post that you quoted. You either responded to the wrong post, or you're having an episode of word salad aphasia.
Obviously the narrative is that in person voting fraud is rampant. You blindly agree even though you didn’t know it was a “problem” until republicans told you it was. Here you are ranting about black people even though I never said anything about them lol
STUPID California has LESS sites then Texas.People have to travel FARTHER in California to reach a Voting center then they do in Texas.

YOU RETARD California has voting centers which serve 10000 people. No local sites at all Texas has voting centers per 7700 people so MORE sites less travel. God you are beyond ignorant can not even understand simple math or English.
You’re just making shit up that it is hard to vote in California. You’re also just making numbers up. Of course even if you were correct, your dumbass couldn’t explain why early voting is a thing in California and not in Texas.

You’re just making shit up that it is hard to vote in California. You’re also just making numbers up. Of course even if you were correct, your dumbass couldn’t explain why early voting is a thing in California and not in Texas.
If you could actually UNDERSTAND the written word and BOTHERED to read replies you would see your complaining about something California has done for YEARS.

If you could actually UNDERSTAND the written word and BOTHERED to read replies you would see your complaining about something California has done for YEARS.
So why is there no complaints of voter suppression in California? Obviously there is in Texas. They actually close voting locations lol

The Brits are still upset over losing The Colonies...

1200px-Surrender_of_Lord_Cornwallis.jpg

So why is there no complaints of voter suppression in California? Obviously there is in Texas. They actually close voting locations lol
Look you RETARD the only one complaining is a British rag. Texas is now using the EXACT SAME method as California. California changed years ago. And because their centers handle 10000 people there are 2 of them for every 3 Centers Texas has. Because Texas centers handle 7700. By the way No one would complain about democrat controlled states changing anyway cause conservatives don't whine like you and NO LIBERAL would ever attack a Liberal State.

California's adoption and implementation of the "vote centers" election polling model wasn't vilified as a voter suppression operation for the simple reason that the vote centers model does not suppresses anyone's ability to vote. The fact that this very same polling model that's currently being decried as voter suppression in Texas was previously implemented in Democrat-run California in the very same way as Texas (opening vote center locations, and closing all other local polling locations) without any howling about voter suppression, is a crystal clear indication that it does not in fact suppress voting. The only suggestion offered for how it suppresses voting is the derogatory dog whistle that minority votes will be suppressed because minorities will abandon their interest in voting if there's any added inconvenience. That of course is utterly nonsensical demagoguery, as I addressed in a previous post.

Last edited:

As the article states, the majority of the polling location closures were the result of Texas counties changing to "centralized, countywide polling places, called 'vote centers', which exist in almost a third of US states. Under countywide voting schemes, voters are no longer assigned to a polling place in their local precinct and can instead cast their ballot at any polling location in the county."

"Gee, I wonder what states those are?" is something a person with a normal working brain would ask. "Is there a law in Texas that governs this?" is another. And if one were to take those inquiries a step further by opening their handy internet browser and running a search, that person would learn that the states that have switched to "vote centers" includes none other than the leftist utopia of California.

That fact in and of itself exposes this "voter suppression" narrative as pure political hackery, and you wouldn't be wrong for making that conclusion and ending your inquiry right there. But here's where genuine curiosity and objectivity come into play, as this conclusion can be objectively verified by digging a little more and lining up the vote center provisions in each state for comparison. California's vote center law (Cal. Elec. Code § 4005) requires there to be 1 vote center for every 10,000 registered voters in the three days before the election through election day, whereas the vote center roll-out in Texas, providing for "one polling place per 7,700 residents," is being called "voter suppression" by this article.

As to the other inquiry, one would learn that the Texas statute authorizing the change to vote centers (Tex. Election Code §43.007) was passed in 2009, and is done on a county by county basis which requires a litany of procedural steps, including public hearings, planning audits, approval by the county board of commissioners, and ratification of the county's participation plan by the secretary of state. In sum, the Texas counties that have changed to vote centers have been working on this for a decade; it was not some overnight operation conducted in secret.

This verifiable, objective evidence makes clear that the article is nothing more than a slam piece intended for consumption by impressionable lemmings who have no interest in questioning whether the headline is objectively accurate. You won't find an article that packages up the above information in an easy to read headline; it requires a few minutes of time, a little elbow grease, and the ability to form independent thoughts.

In California, counties that switch to Vote Centers mail a ballot to every registered voter. Does Texas do that?

California's adoption and implementation of the "vote centers" election polling model wasn't vilified as a voter suppression operation for the simple reason that the vote centers model does not suppresses anyone's ability to vote. The fact that this very same polling model that's currently being decried as voter suppression in Texas was previously implemented in Democrat-run California in the very same way as Texas (opening vote center locations, and closing all other local polling locations) without any howling about voter suppression, is a crystal clear indication that it doesn't actually suppress voting. The only suggestion offered for how it suppresses voting is the derogatory dog whistle that minority votes will be suppressed because minorities will abandon their interest in voting if there's any added inconvenience.
No, it's not exactly the same. California Voter's Choice Act counties mail a ballot to all registered voters. Texas does not.

STUPID California has LESS sites then Texas.People have to travel FARTHER in California to reach a Voting center then they do in Texas.

Smart California, a leader in voting rights, mails a ballot to every registered voter in vote center counties. That is why CA is not accused of suppressing voters when they switch to vote centers.

Is that like Commie California leading the nation in the number of Illegal voters?

Perhaps you should ask California that as they have less centers meaning less voting facilities as for why they would do it, efficiency comes to mind, integrity of the voting system also comes to mind, fewer stations to man, so less cost over all and now instead of being forced to go to one localized site a voter can go to any of the centers they choose in their county.

As a 'Californian' and as a matter of fact, I no longer have a local polling center, which was maybe a mile away from me.

Now I must drive 45 miles, to my county seat, in order to vote in person.

Billy says...
The GOP managed to fool...

Obviously it’s to keep minorities from voting...

...because the GOP are fascist pieces of shit.

Obviously white republican voters are okay with it.

So, Billy?

Why do you maintain that there are only White Republicans?

You let your raycist flag fly when you excluded everyone else who vote Republican.

Why would California do the same thing Texas did ?

Is Cali raycist also?

Or did the 'The GOP managed to fool' (your quote btw)
ALL of California??

Blacks live in populated areas with numerous options to vote whites a living rule areas have to drive miles in hours to vote.. go away you race hustler
I don’t understand how you just make shit up as you go along and expect no one to notice.
Huh?
Oh yeah. Believe it.
You should it’s facts

Smart California, a leader in voting rights, mails a ballot to every registered voter in vote center counties. That is why CA is not accused of suppressing voters when they switch to vote centers.

Seawytch needs to post a full disclosure as to why she comes by her opinion (not fact)

And not lie.

Cali IS accused of ILLEGAL voting.

A newly registered voter in Cali is NOT ALLOWED to mail in a ballot.

Up your game, sweety.

When a half truth is posted it's still a lie.

Texas is a Minority-Majority State where the majority of it cities are Minority people and held by Democrats...

So let remember that first and as pointed out Texas is following California model and now Billy is against this which mean he should demand California to stop oppressing it voting base but he will not because they vote Democrat and for those like Bernie Sanders...

Forum List

Back