Last year, Texas led the nation in closing down voting locations

Yes, and as I pointed out, it did not go into effect until January 2020 and provides that VBM packets are to be sent to registered voters in counties that adopt the new all-mail ballot model. Since it literally just went into effect, it has nothing to do with why California's implementation of the vote center model in prior years wasn't demonized as a voter suppression operation. In other words, if something is voter suppression in 2018, and then something new is done in 2020 that isn't voter suppression, that doesn't change the fact that there was voter suppression in 2018.

Applying that to this discussion, if California's implementation of the vote center model wasn't voter suppression in 2018 (and I am not aware of any such claims), then it isn't voter suppression when Texas is doing it in 2020. The fact that California has added another new model in 2020 that provides for VBM packets to all registered voters in all-mail model counties is completely irrelevant to how the vote centers model in California was perceived and treated by the media prior to 2020. We're comparing two slices of key lime pie, and you're carrying on about the okra on another plate. But to your credit, at least you're talking about food in this analogy. Billy on the other hand is making excited utterances about the invisible space men in the ball pit.

The difference between CA and TX is that CA mailed a ballot to every voter. TX didn’t. The five counties that adopted the VCA in 2018 mailed a ballot to every voter. 13 of the 14 that adopted it for March 2020 also mailed a ballot to every voter. Only LA has an exemption but they have over a thousand Vote Centers, 6 of them open 24 hours. (Also, any voter in CA can request a VBM) Not the case in TX. You must be over 65, disabled or out of the area)
Again for the TRULY STUPID that ONLY HAPPENED THIS YEAR.

WRONG! The VCA has been in place since 2018. 5 counties did it in 2018. 14 are doing it in 2020. All VCA counties but LA county mail a ballot to every voter.
So only since 2018 and you are whining about Texas JUST going to centers. LOL so before 2018 it wasn't done remind me of all the carping about California voter suppression again?

Dumb ass motherfucker, TX did not mail a ballot to every voter, just closed Polling places. California VCA counties closed polling places just like Texas, yes, but unlike Texas, they mailed everyone a ballot. That’s why TX is being accused of voter suppression and CA was not.
So California only went to center is 2018?

The difference between CA and TX is that CA mailed a ballot to every voter. TX didn’t. The five counties that adopted the VCA in 2018 mailed a ballot to every voter. 13 of the 14 that adopted it for March 2020 also mailed a ballot to every voter. Only LA has an exemption but they have over a thousand Vote Centers, 6 of them open 24 hours. (Also, any voter in CA can request a VBM) Not the case in TX. You must be over 65, disabled or out of the area)
Again for the TRULY STUPID that ONLY HAPPENED THIS YEAR.

WRONG! The VCA has been in place since 2018. 5 counties did it in 2018. 14 are doing it in 2020. All VCA counties but LA county mail a ballot to every voter.
So only since 2018 and you are whining about Texas JUST going to centers. LOL so before 2018 it wasn't done remind me of all the carping about California voter suppression again?

Dumb ass motherfucker, TX did not mail a ballot to every voter, just closed Polling places. California VCA counties closed polling places just like Texas, yes, but unlike Texas, they mailed everyone a ballot. That’s why TX is being accused of voter suppression and CA was not.
So California only went to center is 2018?

That is correct. No counties could participate in the Voters Choice Act until 2018 and 5 did. 14 are doing it in 2020. California has 58 counties. Most are still old fashioned polling places only open on Election Day. Vote centers must be open 10 to 4 days.

As a 'Californian' and as a matter of fact, I no longer have a local polling center, which was maybe a mile away from me.

Now I must drive 45 miles, to my county seat, in order to vote in person.

Not true. Every county in the United States has absentee ballots. Vote in your living room.

That’s not even remotely true. Many states do not allow absentee voting unless you are old, infirm or traveling.

The GOP managed to fool their idiotic base that actual in-person voting fraud is “rampant”, but how does one justify them closing actual voting locations? Obviously it’s to keep minorities from voting at all regardless of what ID they have in their possession because the GOP are fascist pieces of shit. Obviously white republican voters are okay with it. All that matters is that they win I guess. Either that, or they just believe anything their GOP masters tell them. Both seem equally likely.

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote | US news | The Guardian

Face it, folks, There are 254 counties in Texas. They could have announced 508 new voting locations and Billy000 would have set his hair on fire then too. Poor Billy000, would have screamed pathetically that there should have been 1,016 and while crying in his milk, he would have proclaimed that the 508 weren't all being opened in minority neighborhoods or in Mexico to allow the Mexicans who IDENTIFY as illegal aliens in the US to vote.

Billy000 is setting up the defense he'll try when President Trump wins in an even bigger landslide that 2016.

That’s not even remotely true. Many states do not allow absentee voting unless you are old, infirm or traveling.

Nineteen states require an excuse.

Hello, Ms Seawytch, my name is Markle and I'll be in Europe for an entire month starting in mid-October, please send an absentee ballot to me at..... Of course, Mr. Markle, we'll get it off to you as soon as they are printed and thank you for voting! bye bye

Hello, Ms Seawytch, my name is Markle and I'll be in Europe for an entire month starting in mid-October, please send an absentee ballot to me at..... Of course, Mr. Markle, we'll get it off to you as soon as they are printed and thank you for voting! bye bye

Which still makes your original claim bullshit. Thanks for playing!

Which still makes your original claim bullshit. Thanks for playing!

My%20Capture-XL.jpg

Yet, oddly enough, the turds still found a way to vote in the Dem primary yesterday

The GOP managed to fool their idiotic base that actual in-person voting fraud is “rampant”, but how does one justify them closing actual voting locations? Obviously it’s to keep minorities from voting at all regardless of what ID they have in their possession because the GOP are fascist pieces of shit. Obviously white republican voters are okay with it. All that matters is that they win I guess. Either that, or they just believe anything their GOP masters tell them. Both seem equally likely.

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote | US news | The Guardian
From the Guardian: "Voting rights advocates and both Republican and Democratic leaders have largely been in favor of vote centers because they can make it more convenient to vote – by allowing people to vote near work, for instance – and because they can reduce the number of people whose votes are thrown out because they went to the wrong polling place."

You people consistently demonstrate that you lack even a modicum of independent thought, objectivity or curiosity. I know it's difficult for you to read past the headline of an article before racing over here and posting that it's the harbinger of the Trumpocalypse, but if you had read all of those things called "sentences" that are made up of all those words below the headline, you'd notice the following details, which the authors hid where you'd never think to look - right in the text of the article.

As the article states, the majority of the polling location closures were the result of Texas changing to "centralized, countywide polling places, called 'vote centers', which exist in almost a third of US states. Under countywide voting schemes, voters are no longer assigned to a polling place in their local precinct and can instead cast their ballot at any polling location in the county."

"Gee, I wonder what states those are?" is something a person with a normal working brain would ask. And if one were to take that inquiry a step further by opening their trusty internet browser and running a search, that person would learn that states that have switched to "vote centers" includes none other than the leftist utopia of California.

That fact in and of itself exposes this "voter suppression" narrative as pure political hackery, and you wouldn't be wrong for making that conclusion and ending your inquiry right there. But here's where genuine curiosity and objectivity come into play, as this conclusion can be objectively verified by digging a little more and lining up the vote center provisions in each state for comparison. California's vote center law (Cal. Elec. Code § 4005) requires there to be 1 vote center for every 10,000 registered voters in the three days before the election through election day, whereas the vote center roll-out in Texas, providing for "one polling place per 7,700 residents," is being called "voter suppression" by this article. This verifiable, objective evidence makes clear that the article is nothing more than a slam piece intended for consumption by impressionable lemmings who have no interest in questioning whether the headline is objectively accurate.
Lol you are such an idiot for buying that bullshit. But okay, let’s say they actually did this because it was “centralized”. Why does that somehow justify making a person drive 10s of miles when it was just easier to vote somewhere less than 5 miles away?
"Voting rights advocates and both Republican and Democratic leaders have largely been in favor of vote centers because they can make it more convenient to vote – by allowing people to vote near work, for instance – and because they can reduce the number of people whose votes are thrown out because they went to the wrong polling place."

Voter turnout in Texas yesterday dwarfed 2016 turnout.

I guess those minorities you think are too stupid to find a polling place proved you wrong, racist Billy000
Turnout in Texas has already blown past the 1.4 million votes cast in the 2016 primary race between Sanders and Clinton

Last edited:
As a 'Californian' and as a matter of fact, I no longer have a local polling center, which was maybe a mile away from me.

Not true. Every county in the United States has absentee ballots. Vote in your living room.

Anyone can vote by mail in Texas, dummy.

Such are reprehensible Republicans and their contempt for voting rights.

Blacks live in populated areas with numerous options to vote.. whites That live in rural areas have to drive miles , hours to vote.. go away you race hustler
There is something terribly wrong with you, hack

Blacks live in populated areas with numerous options to vote.. whites That live in rural areas have to drive miles , hours to vote.. go away you race hustler
There is something terribly wrong with you, hack
Nice substance

No, “anyone” cannot

To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must:

be 65 years or older;
be disabled;
be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.

Application for a Ballot by Mail

Making excuses already Billy-E-Baloney, lol!

I know the DNC is NOT transparent, just ask Bernie! But in your case, we know you most certainly are. We know what YOU are trying to imply-------------->that we GOPers have a "secret line" to the voting booths.

Ladies and gentlemen, are ANY of you buying Billy-e-Baloney's bullsh**?

If you are, you need get a life-)

Vote Centers

VoteTexas.gov » Early Voting FAQs

. . yeah. . . I'm going to have to call bullshit on that Guardian article. A little research shows that anyone that lives in Texas would only benefit from the streamlining of voting tech. . .

Unless the ruling elite are using technology to manipulate voting results. I know that is why folks in my state have not acquiesced on letting tech companies control the vote.

Most of what I read in non-corporate media completely indicts electronic voting machines. I have seen trials, with hackers showing how simple it is to hack the vote.

OTH, simple folks that watch CNN or Fox noise actualy believe these EVM are secure? They are foolish. They, like the citizens in California b/c libs always win, or Texas, b/c it keeps conservatives in power. . . like the corruption. It feeds into their cognitive bias to believe that is what everyone wants. They don't want real competition in ideas or politics.

If those states actually had fair elections? We would probably see that both Texas and California are both far more purple than either are prepared to admit.

Folks in purple states don't accept that type of shit. They want a paper trail. Stuff your EVM isn't going to give you.

No, “anyone” cannot

be 65 years or older;
be disabled;
be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or

Yes, but with those new fandangled vote centers? They have early voting. . . so it is not a big deal.

No, “anyone” cannot

be 65 years or older;
be disabled;

Yes, but with those new fandangled vote centers? They have early voting. . . so it is not a big deal.

It’s not a big deal if your goal is not to enfranchise voters. (And that is obviously not the goal of Texas) Why NOT let everyone vote by mail?

Forum List

Back