Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

you cant leak unclassified information .... information is information.
You do realize it is ultimately not in the order of an FBI Director to discern what is classified, especially what concerns his private conversations with the president?

False news cannot change that.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

(watch this )[/QUOTE"]Private" conversations with a sitting president is obviously classified.

Stop being an idiot!

You do realize it is ultimately not in the order of an FBI Director to discern what is classified, especially what concerns his private conversations with the president?

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

(watch this )[/QUOTE"]Private" conversations with a sitting president is obviously classified.

Stop being an idiot!

answer my question ..

Sure it is. The FBI director has original classification authority.
Not over that of a president and certainly not in his conversations with him, Even Hoover would have not dared do so. Either stop being an disingenuous asshole or quit this conversation.

Regardless of whether the "leak" was legal, Comey the clown will long be remembered as a tall, thin skinned, wishy washy, weasel. He is a towering pansy who admitted he was weak and incompetent. Sickening.

Regardless of whether the "leak" was legal, Comey the clown will long be remembered as a tall, thin skinned, wishy washy, weasel. He is a towering pansy who admitted he was weak and incompetent. Sickening.
Comey is a black stain on the FBI, but on American history of the 21rst Century.

It is a matter of prosecutorial discretion. Technically, those notes were government property since they were made as a government employee. The fact that Comey released them clandestinely via a law professor friend to the media with no other FBI knowledge or permission points to the fact that Comey knew what he was doing was skirting the letter of the law. If he truly felt Trump's actions criminal in nature, and he said he did this to evoke a special prosecutor, then his withholding the info for so long constitutes a felony. Comey never meant for his having to admit these actions.

Comey also said that he did not know whether Trump's actions as he understood or saw them constituted obstruction, that it was up to the hearing board--- --- but that is EXACTLY his job as a lifetime career prosecutor to know these things!!! Again, by saying so, he is trying to avoid the legal jeopardy of being charged with violation of US Code for withholding criminal evidence, a felony.

So will Comey be prosecuted? Probably not. Subject to interpretation, the government may want to keep Comey as a fallback friendly witness should he be needed again for any further testimony down the road, but that does not mean that no one will want to question him further on other matters, such as Loretta Lynch.

Does the law professor know the Memo was leaked while Comey was still FBI director thus the Memo belonged to the Gov't and was Classified? Or Does he think it was leaked after he became a citizen?

The memo wasn't classified. Meetings with the President do not receive any kind of automatic classification.

Then you are saying the Memo has nothing to do with the case, you can't have it both ways. Checkmate!
You are a doofus if you think anything of the sort.

Does the law professor know the Memo was leaked while Comey was still FBI director thus the Memo belonged to the Gov't and was Classified? Or Does he think it was leaked after he became a citizen?

The memo wasn't classified. Meetings with the President do not receive any kind of automatic classification.

Then you are saying the Memo has nothing to do with the case, you can't have it both ways. Checkmate!
You are a doofus if you think anything of the sort.

they're all candyass shitsticks or they would answer my VERY SIMPLE question.

Crixus, 007, blues all yammering about matters they simply can't comprehend above shows just how desperate the Alt Right is becoming.

what am i missing? And stop messing about. Just call me a racist and quit being gay about it. My girl child has more balls then you. Way more secure in her own skin. No need to try and look clever being stupid.

Are you racist? I have not been looking for it, and I don't care if you are gay or not.

To the OP: there was no illegality to Comey leaking the memo to his friend.

I'm sure you can find law experts say the opposite, I've heard them. But that isn't the point really, it was a total dick move and not why we are paying for a FBI director. Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right and they suffered for it. That was the big lie, Comey felt otherwise so he called it a lie. Trump is not entitled to his own opinion?

Comey represents what's wrong with government. We pay them a good wage and they engage in feathering their nest instead of doing their job.
How many can you find? Here are ten Trump's lawyer: Comey violated executive privilege. 10 legal experts: No, he didn't.
You're so "sure" that you didn't even name one.

Senator Collins stated Comey wrote these memos on FBI computers, in an FBI car, they are government work products. Its ironic Comey would fall into the same legal issues Hillary did, mishandling government documents.

Federal regulations allow employees to use government computers for limited personal uses, and while the no smoking regulations extend to an FBI car, your writing, texting, or other non-government work done therein are not government property.

I think we'll all take the word of Senator Collins on this.

Everything Comey does at his job is the property of the FBI. As an engineer, every drawing, every idea even created in my mind of a design while employed is the property of my employer.
So if Comey takes a shit, that's the property of the FBI?
And the toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe is theft?

It is a matter of prosecutorial discretion. Technically, those notes were government property since they were made as a government employee. The fact that Comey released them clandestinely via a law professor friend to the media with no other FBI knowledge or permission points to the fact that Comey knew what he was doing was skirting the letter of the law.

I remember going to a federal court building, and saw one of the federal cops doing a crossword puzzle. I asked him if they were allowed to do crosswords of government time. So he said to make me happy, he would put it in his pocket, and finish it at home.

WOW, did he just steal government property? You just said he committed a felony.

I'm sure you can find law experts say the opposite, I've heard them. But that isn't the point really, it was a total dick move and not why we are paying for a FBI director. Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right and they suffered for it. That was the big lie, Comey felt otherwise so he called it a lie. Trump is not entitled to his own opinion?

Comey represents what's wrong with government. We pay them a good wage and they engage in feathering their nest instead of doing their job.
How many can you find? Here are ten Trump's lawyer: Comey violated executive privilege. 10 legal experts: No, he didn't.
You're so "sure" that you didn't even name one.
You changed the subject and finding 10 "experts" means nothing.

Forum List

Back