Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

The Freedom of Information Act requires that requests be made in writing. Comey LEAKED the information, there was no request, it was done surreptitiously.

The FOIA helps define what items the government needs to retain, and those it doesn't. If they're subject to the FOIA, the government has to keep a copy. If they're not subject to FOIA, the government is free to do with them what they want. And Comey as agency head could determine what to do with those memos, which he did.

Who cares? FOIA requests MUST be made in writing. Leaking information is not protected. Comey violated federal law and admitted it on live TV in from of the Senate and the nation.

A really dumb thing to do. Just because you're a partisan hack, reality does not cease.

Federal law? No.

Alan Dershowitz also a legal expert said President Trumps firing of James Comey was not obstruction of justice yet few if any of the left wing message board nicknames wanted to listen to him.
Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong

Comey mentioned a T.V. interview on NBC where Trump did admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. It's definitely there.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe.
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

That does not make it obstruction of justice,

When you admit Obstruction of Justice, it is Obstruction of Justice.

For the last time the President has the legal authority to fire an FBI director the President has the authority to order an investigation halted if they wish. Doing something you have the legal authority to do is not a criminal act it might not be politically smart but it's not a crime if people can't or won't accept this fine so be it.

The POTUS cannot obstruct justice.

The Freedom of Information Act requires that requests be made in writing. Comey LEAKED the information, there was no request, it was done surreptitiously.

The FOIA helps define what items the government needs to retain, and those it doesn't. If they're subject to the FOIA, the government has to keep a copy. If they're not subject to FOIA, the government is free to do with them what they want. And Comey as agency head could determine what to do with those memos, which he did.

Who cares? FOIA requests MUST be made in writing. Leaking information is not protected. Comey violated federal law and admitted it on live TV in from of the Senate and the nation.

A really dumb thing to do. Just because you're a partisan hack, reality does not cease.

Federal law? No.

You should know by now that I won't let you get away with lying, Nazi boi.

18 U.S. Code § 641 - Public money, property or records

WTF cares?

It looks like this clown cares.

If you didn't care, why did you ask?
I might have, but now I kno
WTF cares?

It looks like this clown cares.

If you didn't care, why did you ask?
In order to ask that question, you have to tell me WTF cares in the first place.

Alan Dershowitz also a legal expert said President Trumps firing of James Comey was not obstruction of justice yet few if any of the left wing message board nicknames wanted to listen to him.
Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong

Comey mentioned a T.V. interview on NBC where Trump did admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. It's definitely there.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe.
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

That does not make it obstruction of justice,

When you admit Obstruction of Justice, it is Obstruction of Justice.

For the last time the President has the legal authority to fire an FBI director the President has the authority to order an investigation halted if they wish. Doing something you have the legal authority to do is not a criminal act it might not be politically smart but it's not a crime if people can't or won't accept this fine so be it.

The POTUS cannot obstruct justice.

Unless he is Bill Clinton or Barack Obama. :thup:

{
Let’s start with the most egregious example, his attempt on April 10, 2016, to influence the decision on whether to prosecute Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information by setting up her own email server.

First, knowing that prosecutors choose which cases to pursue and which not to, even if there technically is criminality, Obama attempted to mitigate the transgression.

“She would never intentionally put America in any kind of jeopardy,” Obama told Chris Wallace of Fox News. “What I also know is that there’s classified and then there’s classified. There’s stuff that is really top secret top secret, and then there’s stuff that is being presented to the president or the secretary of state that you may not want on the transom or going out over the wire, but is basically stuff you can get in open sources.”

Next, he addressed the issue of intent and her loyalty to the country, noting her commitment to service.

“I continue to believe she has not jeopardized America’s national security,” Obama said. “Now what I’ve also said, and she’s acknowledged, is there’s a carelessness in terms of managing emails that she has owned and she has owned and she recognizes. But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective. This is somebody who served her country for four years as Secretary of State and did an outstanding job.”}

Three Times Barack Obama Attempted to Obstruct Justice | White House Dossier

You really are a total moron. Trump meets boy scout of the year in the Oval Office. Not classified you idiot.

Scouts react to meeting President Trump to present Report to the Nation

Scouts react to meeting President Trump to present Report to the Nation
I captured the delegates’ thoughts about touring the White House, visiting the Oval Office and meeting the president.

All PRIVATE meetings with the president are classified - DUH.

Leakers !!! Lock him up. Lock him up.

Federal law? No.

That law applies to stealing government property. Comey didn't "steal" anything.

Federal law? No.

That law applies to stealing government property. Comey didn't "steal" anything.

You should learn to read, hack.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money,

Asked and answered: Steve Vladeck (Professor of Law at the University of Texas):
WTF cares?
You asked who the law professor was. Now you claim not to care? I think you are embarrassed that you could not google his name yourself.
No. You don't really get it. No one gives a rat's ass WTF Steve Vladeck is, except for maybe the exact same people who care about Trump's tax returns. I suppose it's one of the problems of living in an echo chamber.

Federal law? No.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money,

:lol:

You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's office and suggest they charge Comey with "theft" of his own memos.

Don't be surprised if they laugh in your face, though.

Federal law? No.

You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's office and suggest they charge Comey with "theft" of his own memos.

Poor hack. People are prosecuted under this law for leaks all the time. Your god had dozens prosecuted for leaking under this exact statute,

Trump wants Comey prosecuted, Sessions may well do so.

Federal law? No.

Everything Comey does at his job is the property of the FBI. As an engineer, every drawing, every idea even created in my mind of a design while employed is the property of my employer.

Federal law? No.

Not sure what "You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's..." means, though I am sure that if you're sleazy enough , you'll change it, but I am sure that memos by government employees are not private. some should consider holding themselves up to a certain standard. I, of course, would not presume to hold you to the standard of an FBI Director.

Forum List

Back