Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

I would assume the notes are automatically considered classified because they were between the potus & someone else. I also imagine someone has to review them to determine the correct status they require. He never gave the notes to his boss. He gave them to A FUCKING CIVILLIAN who then gave them to the media.

You mean like the private meeting between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, which she then told to Linda Tripp, who released it to the press.

Wanna explain how Lewinsky and Tripp weren't jailed for doing that?

Tripp was prosecuted, you fucking retard.

The Freedom of Information Act requires that requests be made in writing. Comey LEAKED the information, there was no request, it was done surreptitiously.

The FOIA helps define what items the government needs to retain, and those it doesn't. If they're subject to the FOIA, the government has to keep a copy. If they're not subject to FOIA, the government is free to do with them what they want. And Comey as agency head could determine what to do with those memos, which he did.

Who cares? FOIA requests MUST be made in writing. Leaking information is not protected. Comey violated federal law and admitted it on live TV in from of the Senate and the nation.

A really dumb thing to do. Just because you're a partisan hack, reality does not cease.

this includes Comey who swore his loyalty to Obama in his testimony.

Initial Comments on James Comey’s Written Testimony

I did a search for "loyal" and this is all I found.

And it’s hard to read this meeting any other way, at least not as Comey describes it. The President repeatedly asked for “loyalty,” was not satisfied with a promise of “honesty,” and the two compromised only awkwardly over the term “honest loyalty.” Trump specifically dangled the question of Comey’s keeping his job over his head. In their last conversation, on April 11, Comey reports that Trump emphasized to him that “I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.”

Comey wasn't talking about Obama, but about TRUMP demanding his loyalty.

I'll give you another chance. To show Comey swearing his loyalty to Obama.

What kind of idiot equates a sexual encounter to political documents leaked to the press?

Because both involved a private meeting with the President.

Suddenly one such meeting is "classified" and the other not. Either all presidential meetings are classified or they aren't.

Either somebody who leaks what happened in a presidential meeting broke the law, or they didn't.

What kind of idiot equates a sexual encounter to political documents leaked to the press?

Because both involved a private meeting with the President.

Suddenly one such meeting is "classified" and the other not. Either all presidential meetings are classified or they aren't.

Either somebody who leaks what happened in a presidential meeting broke the law, or they didn't.
You're proving how dense you are, congrats

Initial Comments on James Comey’s Written Testimony

I did a search for "loyal" and this is all I found.

And it’s hard to read this meeting any other way, at least not as Comey describes it. The President repeatedly asked for “loyalty,” was not satisfied with a promise of “honesty,” and the two compromised only awkwardly over the term “honest loyalty.” Trump specifically dangled the question of Comey’s keeping his job over his head. In their last conversation, on April 11, Comey reports that Trump emphasized to him that “I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.”

Comey wasn't talking about Obama, but about TRUMP demanding his loyalty.

I'll give you another chance. To show Comey swearing his loyalty to Obama.

LOL; you'll give me one more chance? Until you do what, cry uncontrollably? :lmao:

{Comey didn't trust Trump from the very beginning. And while the FBI director "admired" Obama and for seemingly valid reasons, he wasn't ready to give his new boss the benefit of the doubt.}

You are mentally retarded, aren't you?

No Criminal Prosecution in Md. Case Against Linda Tripp

May 25, 2000

Wrong again !!!

You are insanely stupid and failed to read your own link.

{The judge's rulings resulted from the fact that Tripp had received immunity from federal prosecution for her testimony two years ago before a grand jury in Washington impaneled by former Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr--and the judge's finding that Lewinsky's identification of a key tape was based on her knowledge of Tripp's testimony.}

They DID prosecute, the Judge DISMISSED because she had immunity, You vicious little fascists had tried to convict her EVEN WITH IMMUNITY.

LOL; you'll give me one more chance? Until you do what, cry uncontrollably? :lmao:

{Comey didn't trust Trump from the very beginning. And while the FBI director "admired" Obama and for seemingly valid reasons, he wasn't ready to give his new boss the benefit of the doubt.}

You are mentally retarded, aren't you?

You said Comey swore loyalty to Obama, not that he admired him.

I'll give you one more chance to show where Comey swore his loyalty to Obama.

May 25, 2000

You are insanely stupid and failed to read your own link.

{The judge's rulings resulted from the fact that Tripp had received immunity from federal prosecution for her testimony two years ago before a grand jury in Washington impaneled by former Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr--and the judge's finding that Lewinsky's identification of a key tape was based on her knowledge of Tripp's testimony.}

They DID prosecute, the Judge DISMISSED because she had immunity, You vicious little fascists had tried to convict her EVEN WITH IMMUNITY.

Maybe you're from the shallow end of the gene pool, but as you links says, she was given immunity from prosecution, and the prosecution in MD was dismissed before it even started.

Definition of prosecution is being put on trial, not being charged.

All PRIVATE meetings with the president are classified - DUH.

So Monica Lewinsky should have been thrown in prison for telling people about her meeting with the President.

Explain why she wasn't jailed for releasing classified information?

This is where your head explodes, and your argument falls apart..

So Monica Lewinsky should have been thrown in prison for telling people about her meeting with the President.

You're quite the dumb one.

No public revelation was made until the special prosecutor investigated. You are trying to equate dog turds and hand grenades.

Star gave her immunity

She was also required by law to answer or invoke the 5th.

If Tripp was NOT prosecuted, what exactly did the judge dismiss?

You REALLY are stupid.
He dismissed the indictment. Which precluded prosecution. To put it in simple terms, the judge stopped the prosecution before it began.

Trippp was never brought to trial

National Perspective | THE LAW
May 25, 2000|ROBERT L. JACKSON | TIMES STAFF WRITER

Forum List

Back