Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right

Trump actually tried to play politics using his dirty business tactics and tried to obstruct the investigation Comey was in charge of.

You must have missed the hearings... Comey testified that no one tried to stop the investigations and matter of fact, Trump encouraged them.
Comey testified Trump wanted him to say he was not under investigation, and Comey refused because he did not want to have to issue a correction if that changed.

In other words, tard, Comey was telling Trump, "You are not under investigation...YET."

What an epic meltdown by the lefties...
Trump's the one melting down. He's siccing his lawyer after Comey. Digging himself into a deeper hole.

The apprentice is behaving very much like a guilty person.

And the obstruction of justice cloud is still hanging over him. Nothing about that changed yesterday.

Someone must be sitting on Trump's thumbs. Keeping him from tweeting. It must be killing the old geezer. :lol:

XuBnSE7.jpg
I went to a High Class Restaurant the other day and they brought me a plate of totally crap food not fit for any one...the Manager said ..."Chef is new ..give him a break you fussbudget"

Comey may very well have violated the law.

Did Comey Violate Laws In Leaking The Trump Memo?

"The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents."

Seems pretty clear it was a violation of at least one law.

That is simply wrong.

Comey did not release the memo documents themselves - he simply leaked his recollection of what happened. Memos are FBI's internal evidence corroborating his testimony.

The Senate has taken the position that Comey's memos are government documents not his personal property. Rut roh, Comey shot himself in the foot.

Look what happens when we listen to the experts rather than to right-wing message board nicknames:

Steve Vladeck (Professor of Law at the University of Texas):

Did #Comey's orchestration of the memo leak break the law? In a word, no.
Steve Vladeck on Twitter

I don't think Comey would be stupid enough to risk getting charged--without conferring with several attorneys--including Robert Mueller the special prosecutor on this case--prior to agreeing to testify.

Alan Dershowitz also a legal expert said President Trumps firing of James Comey was not obstruction of justice yet few if any of the left wing message board nicknames wanted to listen to him.
Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong

Comey mentioned a T.V. interview on NBC where Trump did admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. It's definitely there.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe.
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

Trump actually tried to play politics using his dirty business tactics and tried to obstruct the investigation Comey was in charge of.

You must have missed the hearings... Comey testified that no one tried to stop the investigations and matter of fact, Trump encouraged them.
Comey testified Trump wanted him to say he was not under investigation, and Comey refused because he did not want to have to issue a correction if that changed.

In other words, tard, Comey was telling Trump, "You are not under investigation...YET."

So, was he under investigation or not?

In a
statement prepared ahead of testimony on Capitol Hill, Mr Comey said that at an intelligence briefing with the President-elect on January 6, he discussed with the FBI leadership team whether he could assure him “that we were not investigating him personally”.

Alan Dershowitz also a legal expert said President Trumps firing of James Comey was not obstruction of justice yet few if any of the left wing message board nicknames wanted to listen to him.
Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong

Comey mentioned a T.V. interview on NBC where Trump did admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. It's definitely there.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe.

That does not make it obstruction of justice,

That does not make it obstruction of justice,

When you admit Obstruction of Justice, it is Obstruction of Justice.
Donald Trump admits 'this Russia thing' part of reasoning for firing Comey

Last edited:
Comey may very well have violated the law.

Did Comey Violate Laws In Leaking The Trump Memo?

"The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents."

Seems pretty clear it was a violation of at least one law.

That is simply wrong.

Comey did not release the memo documents themselves - he simply leaked his recollection of what happened. Memos are FBI's internal evidence corroborating his testimony.

You should try reading the article.
Here is a pertinent point from Turley.

"Besides being subject to Nondisclosure Agreements, Comey falls under federal laws governing the disclosure of classified and nonclassified information. Assuming that the memos were not classified (though it seems odd that it would not be classified even on the confidential level), there is 18 U.S.C. § 641 which makes it a crime to steal, sell, or convey “any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof.”"

He was asked many times to drop the Flynn/Russian investigation. Comey didn't kiss the ring, he didn't drop the Flynn/Russian investigation. He was fired for not taking the pressure off the Grabby One via the Russian investigation. IMO that's obstruction.

Forum List

Back