Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

Look what happens when we listen to the experts rather than to right-wing message board nicknames:

Steve Vladeck (Professor of Law at the University of Texas):

Did #Comey's orchestration of the memo leak break the law? In a word, no.
Steve Vladeck on Twitter
Because people who practice the law never disagree with each other. There are other lawyers saying exactly the opposite. However, you won't find those lawyers on the PAC's at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC or any of the other alphabets.

The Alt Right blackwhite reasoning is fun to read and fun to laugh at.

Comey did not "leak" any more than any other ex-FBI who go on news shows, write books, give speeches do.

Comey came across as exactly the professional he is. It took great courage for him to sit and answer questions.

The cheeto is the opposite of "vindicated".

And wow, his attorney was no help. Amazing that trump seems to think no one would know that the lawyer is paid by the biggest bank in Russia or that it's okay if he lied.

Idiot trump lied today AND he backed himself into a corner with more lies and then saying he would testify under oath. He's lied under oath before and he will again.

Another lie - that he would soon tell us if there's a tape. He acts like he's about 9yr. There is either no tape and he was just threatening Comey OR the tape proves trump is lying so it has already disappeared. Which is illegal but trump breaks the law pretty much every day

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I'm sure you can find law experts say the opposite, I've heard them. But that isn't the point really, it was a total dick move and not why we are paying for a FBI director. Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right and they suffered for it. That was the big lie, Comey felt otherwise so he called it a lie. Trump is not entitled to his own opinion?

Comey represents what's wrong with government. We pay them a good wage and they engage in feathering their nest instead of doing their job.

You hit the nail on the head, Comey is a stupid moron he testified before congress and CONFIRMED why he was fired he's a dick who stabbed his boss in the back. WTF happens if you stab your boss in the back? Yeah you get FIRED.
Me: Comey didn't break the law. Please comment.
Moronic right-wingnut: Comey was fired.

I'll bet others are now recording their conversations with trump.

Insurance.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Look what happens when we listen to the experts rather than to right-wing message board nicknames:

Steve Vladeck on Twitter
Because people who practice the law never disagree with each other. There are other lawyers saying exactly the opposite. However, you won't find those lawyers on the PAC's at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC or any of the other alphabets.
One things is half of law professors vs. half of law professors disagreeing with each other. Another thing is dozens of law professors vs. John Boehner's lawyer (Toobin) disagreeing. I want you to tell me how many law professors you have seen opining that Comey broke the law. Just because you type " I know law professors who say X" it doesn't mean you're telling the truth.

WOW, did he just steal government property? You just said he committed a felony.

No, actually, YOU just said so! Don't try to use Black & White Reasoning to try to twist your words to fit into another person's mouth.

What black and white reasoning? It's either illegal for a government worker to take something he did on government time home, or it isn't.

If the Comey memo's fall into GREY area, just admit it's not illegal.

Steve Vladeck on Twitter
One things is half of law professors vs. half of law professors disagreeing with each other. Another thing is dozens of law professors vs. John Boehner's lawyer (Toobin) disagreeing. I want you to tell me how many law professors you have seen opining that Comey broke the law. Just because you type " I know law professors who say X" it doesn't mean you're telling the truth.
Well, I wasn't expecting you to have an open mind about this. There are many lawyers and Constitutional Scholars who disagree with you. You have only to go look for them.

WOW, did he just steal government property? You just said he committed a felony.

No, actually, YOU just said so! Don't try to use Black & White Reasoning to try to twist your words to fit into another person's mouth.

What black and white reasoning? It's either illegal for a government worker to take something he did on government time home, or it isn't.

If the Comey memo's fall into GREY area, just admit it's not illegal.

Releasing the memos are a felony violation of two US Codes and was generally unethical. That does not mean he will be prosecuted for doing so. Look at Bill Clinton, Ben Roesthlistberger, Al Sharpton, O J Simpson, and Teddy Kennedy. They all committed rape, murder, assault, or the likes and largely all skated because good lawyers and lots of money buys you freedom.

Releasing the memos are a felony violation of two US Codes and was generally unethical. .

How could releasing one's own recollections be a felony? Unless classified information was discussed, and that is not the case.

Forum List

Back