Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

sk060817dAPC20170608114513.jpg

Federal law? No.

You should know by now that I won't let you get away with lying, Nazi boi.

18 U.S. Code § 641 - Public money, property or records

That law applies to stealing government property. Comey didn't "steal" anything.

You should learn to read, hack.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money,

:lol:

You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's office and suggest they charge Comey with "theft" of his own memos.

Don't be surprised if they laugh in your face, though.

Poor hack. People are prosecuted under this law for leaks all the time. Your god had dozens prosecuted for leaking under this exact statute,

Trump wants Comey prosecuted, Sessions may well do so.

Do you have a link to support this claim?

Like, perhaps, a single example of this statute being used to convict a "leaker"?

Federal law? No.

That law applies to stealing government property. Comey didn't "steal" anything.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money,

You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's office and suggest they charge Comey with "theft" of his own memos.

Not sure what "You ate welcome to call the US Attorney's..." means, though I am sure that if your sleazy enough you'll change it, but I am sure that memos by government employees are not private. some should consider holding themselves up to a certain standard. I, of course, would not presume to hold you to the standard of an FBI Director.

What are you trying to say here?

Are you too stupid to figure out what I meant?

Or am I supposed to be ashamed of an autocorrect typo?

Poor hack. People are prosecuted under this law for leaks all the time. Your god had dozens prosecuted for leaking under this exact statute,

Like, perhaps, a single example of this statute being used to convict a "leaker"?

You're SERIOUSLY pulling the "prove water is wet" bullshit. Pathetic.

CNN's Tapper: Obama has used Espionage Act more than all previous administrations

No, I was questioning if you had the same standards as a yet unidentified "varmint".

Having said that, "stupidity"might be something you might not want to challenge others with.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools as gladly as I suppose I should.

Alan Dershowitz also a legal expert said President Trumps firing of James Comey was not obstruction of justice yet few if any of the left wing message board nicknames wanted to listen to him.
Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong

Comey mentioned a T.V. interview on NBC where Trump did admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. It's definitely there.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe.
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

That does not make it obstruction of justice,

When you admit Obstruction of Justice, it is Obstruction of Justice.

For the last time the President has the legal authority to fire an FBI director the President has the authority to order an investigation halted if they wish. Doing something you have the legal authority to do is not a criminal act it might not be politically smart but it's not a crime if people can't or won't accept this fine so be it.

The POTUS cannot obstruct justice.

I disagree. He can and has.

What are you going to do about it? You think the House Republicans are going to impeach the "Golden One"?

Fat chance.

Look what happens when we listen to the experts rather than to right-wing message board nicknames:

Steve Vladeck (Professor of Law at the University of Texas):

Did #Comey's orchestration of the memo leak break the law? In a word, no.
Steve Vladeck on Twitter
Academentia

Americans are sick of, and can see right through, the kind of biased and narrow-minded "experts" the Berkeley-class universities pop out like Pez mints.

CNN's Tapper: Obama has used Espionage Act more than all previous administrations

Stop trying to move the goal posts, clown shoes. Did you forget your claim already?

8 USC 641 isn't the "Espionage Act".

No, I was questioning if you had the same standards as a yet unidentified "varmint".

Having said that, "stupidity"might be something you might not want to challenge others with.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools as gladly as I suppose I should.

Keep dodging, clown shoes.

you cant leak unclassified information .... information is information.

Stop trying to move the goal posts, clown shoes. Did you forget your claim already?

You are something else..

{Perhaps because of the vagaries and complexities of the Espionage Act, the government has at times relied on a more property-oriented rationale for prosecuting unauthorized disclosures of classified materials—most notably the federal conversion statute, 18 U.S.C. § 641. That statute, which dates to 1875,25 makes it a crime for anyone who “embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States.”26}

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ABA-Leak-Prosecution-Chapter.pdf

641 is indeed part of the espionage act.

You are something else..

{Perhaps because of the vagaries and complexities of the Espionage Act, the government has at times relied on a more property-oriented rationale for prosecuting unauthorized disclosures of classified materials—most notably the federal conversion statute, 18 U.S.C. § 641. That statute, which dates to 1875,25 makes it a crime for anyone who “embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States.”26}

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ABA-Leak-Prosecution-Chapter.pdf

No, it's not. Did you even read what you quoted?

You are something else..

to commit espionage you would have to leak classified information. Comeys notes were not classified.

go back to sleep, if we need you we'll ring a little bell.

You are something else..

:lmao:

What a clown you are, hack.

As per your PDF, the last time 18 USC 641 was used to prosecute a "leaker" was in 1985 - and it was used along with the Espionage Act, because the leak contained classified intelligence being shared with a foreign power.

As far as I can find, it has never been used to prosecute an unclassified leak.

You are something else..

to commit espionage you would have to leak classified information. Comeys notes were not classified.

go back to sleep, if we need you we'll ring a little bell.

I never said Comey committed espionage.

Put the bong down.

You do realize it is ultimately not in the order of an FBI Director to discern what is classified, especially what concerns his private conversations with the president?

False news cannot change that.

You do realize it is ultimately not in the order of an FBI Director to discern what is classified, especially what concerns his private conversations with the president?

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

(watch this )

You are something else..

:lmao:

What a clown you are, hack.

Are you able to read?

Seriously.

Your own link shoes that 18 USC 641 is a law created in 1875. The Espionage Act was passed in 1917.

641 is not part of a law that was passed 42 years after it.

Sure it is. The FBI director has original classification authority.

Forum List

Back