Law professor: Comey memo leak not illegal

Comey may very well have violated the law.

Did Comey Violate Laws In Leaking The Trump Memo?

"The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents."

Seems pretty clear it was a violation of at least one law.

I'm sure you can find law experts say the opposite, I've heard them. But that isn't the point really, it was a total dick move and not why we are paying for a FBI director. Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right and they suffered for it. That was the big lie, Comey felt otherwise so he called it a lie. Trump is not entitled to his own opinion?

Comey represents what's wrong with government. We pay them a good wage and they engage in feathering their nest instead of doing their job.

You hit the nail on the head, Comey is a stupid moron he testified before congress and CONFIRMED why he was fired he's a dick who stabbed his boss in the back. WTF happens if you stab your boss in the back? Yeah you get FIRED.
Me: Comey didn't break the law. Please comment.
Moronic right-wingnut: Comey was fired.

Your hatred of conservatives is delicious, its like a fine wine with a fine meal, keep the hate coming. :eusa_dance:
Conservatives? We don't have conservatives in the country, we have Reactionaries.

Yes! You are wrong! He was trying to bring down a sitting US President! He leaded said memo to a professor at Columbia university "hoping to get a special counsel." He cost the taxpayers millions of dollars, and thirdly he was legally bound to report any perceived threat and he did not. This asshole is neck deep in legal shit now! That is a lot of shit for a six foot seven inch man!
You made up the "legally bound" thing, which is why you didn't post a link to the alleged law.
We're ewe curious enough to google it?

"The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents."

There's a law you can't release what was written on a government laptop? I'll let the millions of people using email on them know. Of course just by using email you have "released" something written on a - government laptop.

I'm sure you can find law experts say the opposite, I've heard them. But that isn't the point really, it was a total dick move and not why we are paying for a FBI director. Comey got into politics and Trump was probably right and they suffered for it. That was the big lie, Comey felt otherwise so he called it a lie. Trump is not entitled to his own opinion?

Comey represents what's wrong with government. We pay them a good wage and they engage in feathering their nest instead of doing their job.

You hit the nail on the head, Comey is a stupid moron he testified before congress and CONFIRMED why he was fired he's a dick who stabbed his boss in the back. WTF happens if you stab your boss in the back? Yeah you get FIRED.

Your hatred of conservatives is delicious, its like a fine wine with a fine meal, keep the hate coming. :eusa_dance:
Conservatives? We don't have conservatives in the country, we have Reactionaries.

You lost, we won, haha. We kicked Hillary's ass, took the White House back, and the House and the Senate and the SCOTUS nominations. Conservatives did that, we gave you people a beating, threw you to the ground, then kicked dirt in your faces while laughing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump will not push for it...................even as his lawyers hint at it.....................All it will do is interfere with his job as President, by taking time up with an investigation or triial that could last a long time...............which is what the left wants anyway...................

They could charge him..........but would be hard to win the case since it is iffy subject within the Constitution in regards to Executive Privilege..........Not to mention Trump didn't use it...............which basically gave Comey a pass to say what he had to say.............

The reactionaries are the ones that like men to stick with the men's room. Yeah, enjoy that delicious hatred. It's dribbling down your watery pie hole.

Comey is finished, Trump vindicated and the left's dreams of impeachment went up in smoke
Not even close. Release the tapes.

And tapes? They never fucking learn.

Comey is done, nobody will trust him again.
Seems like an honest guy to me. He just won't do what Trump wants of his people - lie, steal, and cheat.

Comey lied for AG Lynch and didn't even pen a memo on it.

The reactionaries are the ones that like men to stick with the men's room. Yeah, enjoy that delicious hatred. It's dribbling down your watery pie hole.
The reactionaries are the ones who can't deal with science and common sense. They are still trying to claim that God created the universe (in six human days).

If you were being "conservative" you'd fight to defend the Constitution, which doesn't allow you to ban a religion or speech you disapprove of.

Comey is finished, Trump vindicated and the left's dreams of impeachment went up in smoke
Not even close. Release the tapes.

And tapes? They never fucking learn.

Comey is done, nobody will trust him again.
Seems like an honest guy to me. He just won't do what Trump wants of his people - lie, steal, and cheat.

Comey lied for AG Lynch and didn't even pen a memo on it.
What was the lie? That dress doesn't make your butt look big?

The reactionaries are the ones who can't deal with science and common sense. They are still trying to claim that God created the universe (in six human days).

If you were being "conservative" you'd fight to defend the Constitution, which doesn't allow you to ban a religion or speech you disapprove of.
More dribbling hatred doesn't make the last batch look any better.

Meh, I don't see how this would help anyone's massive butthurt about the completely predictable testimony.

And that is even if this lawyer doesn't lie... which given it's not illegal, I am expecting him to lie like a other lawyer named Hillary.

Oh the irony.

There's a law you can't release what was written on a government laptop? I'll let the millions of people using email on them know. Of course just by using email you have "released" something written on a - government laptop.

Did you read the article? Turley seemed pretty clear in his reasoning.

Trumps a lying bitch, and nobody will ever trust Comey again ...

idiot RW logic strikes again ..

Oh the irony.
Nothing ironic about it. Talk it up, boys. And, defend religious freedom. We have that here (and not just for the Jesus freaks).

Forum List

Back