Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

But you DO realize that opposing marriage equality is the losing side, right? Can y'all at least acknowledge that?

Probably not for long, if ever. Don't predict the future till it's here: the data from the future is bad.

Time passes, things change. Homosexuality has always been viewed everywhere as abnormal and a problem, so I would expect it to go out of fashion, probably violently, as soon as there is any major political change. Regression toward the mean.

Were you thinking the way things are this five minutes is the way things will stay everywhere, everywhen? I would suggest you keep your heads down once things start to change bigtime. Just a suggestion. But you seem smart and I am betting you already know that.....

The future looks pretty good from an equality standpoint.

fivethirtyeight-0326-marriage6-blog480.png

Question:
Why has public acceptance of gays and lesbians serving in the military gone up over the last 20 years?
Why was that?

That's simple: because the volunteer military needs more cannon fodder. Normal males are not volunteering in sufficient numbers, so they'll take women and homosexuals. Why not? They die from Afghanistan IED's just as bloodily as anyone else, which seems to be the main function of the military now.

There is no real need for the military now and these pointless long social-work wars are losing favor so it hardly matters who the soldiers are.

Besides, it's a good example of slippery slope. The homosexual agenda just keeps steaming along, and eventually you've got homosexual soldiers.

Would make sense if a large % of interpreters, technical and officers that are homosexual THAT WERE ALREADY IN THE MILITARY during DADT were not there.
Hate to bust your thesis there Moe but military enlistments are at the highest now than ever.
The Department of Defense supported open service of gays and lesbians TO RETAIN THE TALENT they already had.
You sure have a low opinion of the military and the brave citizens that volunteer to serve.

To retain the gay talent they already have, the military is ready to lose all the other talent they would get.

That's simple: because the volunteer military needs more cannon fodder. Normal males are not volunteering in sufficient numbers, so they'll take women and homosexuals. Why not? They die from Afghanistan IED's just as bloodily as anyone else, which seems to be the main function of the military now.

There is no real need for the military now and these pointless long social-work wars are losing favor so it hardly matters who the soldiers are.

Besides, it's a good example of slippery slope. The homosexual agenda just keeps steaming along, and eventually you've got homosexual soldiers.

Would make sense if a large % of interpreters, technical and officers that are homosexual THAT WERE ALREADY IN THE MILITARY during DADT were not there.
Hate to bust your thesis there Moe but military enlistments are at the highest now than ever.
The Department of Defense supported open service of gays and lesbians TO RETAIN THE TALENT they already had.
You sure have a low opinion of the military and the brave citizens that volunteer to serve.

To retain the gay talent they already have, the military is ready to lose all the other talent they would get.

It was to retain talent, period.

Where is the mass exodus from the military that the homophobes predicted?

How bad are the recruiting/retention figures now? It's been a year.

the emonds tucker act forbids polygamy. I'm a Mormon with polygamy ancestry....believe me I would know.

are you and bodeca a couple?
or is one of you a sock?
or do you just lust for each other?

the emonds tucker act forbids polygamy. I'm a Mormon with polygamy ancestry....believe me I would know.

based on the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage, it will probably be deemed unconstitutional. get your wife candidates lined up.

If calling them "nasty" and "lumped in with various and sundry assorted sex perversions" is not the same as scum of the earth then what is scum of the earth? Is there some lower form of human in your eyes under homosexuals? To your aversion to the word gay, I have no idea what you are talking about. Gay is not an epithet. If you think it is ... well that's my point.

You are here to fight, aren't you? :tongue:

I'm more interested in ideas and discussion.

Enjoy. You'll probably find a lot of takers ---- Fight Club!!

I did my fighting years ago and am not here tof fight.
I am here for ideas and discussion also.
It is obvious from your posts in this discussion that your ideas on homosexuality are based on your religious views which are that homosexuals are immoral, perverted, do not deserve to receive equal rights and you want to use the power of big government to support those stances to deny homosexuals equal access to marriage.
Not fighting with you but we read you loud and clear.

or is one of you a sock?

You have more interest in my sex life than anyone I've ever encountered on a board.

Bod and I both served. You?

Your ideas and discussion appeared to me, to be demeaning a class of people for which you have an obvious aversion. Isn't that a part of the discussion?

No. That's part of the fight.

Fight Club!!!! :razz:
If you were gay, or of a different generation, you may have a different viewpoint. This is my point. Not picking a fight. Shinning a spot light in the hopes you'll see things better in the light.

or is one of you a sock?

No.....let me guess....you think all lesbians look and think alike. :D

lol, the Edmund-Tucker Act was repealed in 1978.

Believe me I would know...because I'm not retarded.

Now, please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, since I admit to not being certain.

Is it not currently true, under the law, that any state that wished to make polygamy a legally recognized civil marriage,

they could do so?

or is one of you a sock?

No.....let me guess....you think all lesbians look and think alike. :D

You and wytchey do---think alike that is----I have no idea what you look like but I am guessing something like Rosie O'Donnell.

Forum List

Back