Lawmakers DESTROY thousands of low education jobs for the poor

you lose, i beat you to it. so what has your hero obama done to counter the succession of cheaper labor markets available outside the USA? Nothing

lowered the value of the dollar and lowered wages, no that was Bush.

hmmm, the dollar is lower now then when bush was in office? so why with a lower dollar value can't obama bring jobs back? that should make it easier. You do know you just bitch slapped yourself with your own answer. that was easy

there is no easy answer, considering what dems use asa job creation method and the repubs, neither one has worked since Clinton left office. Unless your an illegal, then companies will hire you.

Unfortunately for American manufacturing, many manufacturers were forced out of the US because regulations made it impossible to make those products here.

Yes..because what we really want are dangerous products made in countries with no regulations.

You're saying that it's better to have no products at all because of destructive regulations?

Not true, there is Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam and other low wage payers in Asia besides the Chinese.

that's true......the Chinese are now getting the better paying, more skilled mfg. jobs.....

while here in the U.S. we are getting lower-paying jobs.....and lots of part-time ones....

Not really they have no more high skilled jobs than the US of A. We are still leaders in manufacturing in the world, we just do it more efficiently.

but they are catching up....and going for the more high tech jobs....

we could create and do even more jobs efficiently right here if we had less regulation strangulation, less taxes, and smarter schools.....capital has left the country because it makes more money elsewhere....heck we don't even have a space program anymore...

liberal boobs like the ones in DC can make all the stupid rules they want but it's not going to help them or America....

...but isn't that the goal of Obama and the Left anyway......? :rolleyes:

DC will also lose all those charitable contributions WalMart contracted to make. All those school programs are gone now. DC gets it's principle though, they won, they kept WalMart out.

Walmart Shrugs: Pulls Plans to Build Stores in Washington, D.C.

This puts Mayor Vincent Gray in a bind. He has been actively promoting Walmart’s investment into the district as part of his administration’s economic development plan. He expressed great pleasure at Wal-Mart’s Community Partnership Initiative, saying, “This agreement represents an unprecedented citywide commitment from a retailer.… Wal-Mart is showing what it means to be a good corporate neighbor.”

French economist Frederic Bastiat wrote almost two hundred years ago in the early 1800s that “It is necessary to view economics from the viewpoint of the consumer. All economic phenomena must be judged by the advantages and disadvantages they bring to the consumer.”

If we apply that profound, timeless economic insight to the DC situation today and consider the significant economic benefits that six Wal-Mart stores will bring to inner-city DC residents (everyday low prices for groceries, clothing, household and other consumer goods, $4 drug prescriptions, etc.), in addition to creating 1,800 new retail jobs and 600 construction jobs for workers, it would really be a politically-motivated “economic death wish” for the DC city council and mayor to drive Wal-Mart away from the District.

For Walmart such a decision would merely be an annoyance. For those consumers, however, that decision would mean higher prices, fewer jobs, and a generally poorer economy. These are economic principles that even city councils should not ignore.

It was all to keep the unions happy. That's all it ever was. Thousands of people are going to lose in varying ways, just to keep the unions happy.

Wal Mart takes credit for employees contributions and private donors. They really don't donate that much on their dime, and the Waltons live 20 miles from me, I used to live 5 miles from them at one time, and you don't see the billionaire Waltons donating in Benton County Arkansas.
I filled an anti-biotic at Wal-Mart after my appendectomy it was 57 dollars, not 4 dollars.
Their food prices are not the cheapest or the best.
The construction jobs would be temporary and ran on a 24 hour rotating shifts.

Last edited:
I am starting to think rich people are greedy fucking scumbags.

I'm sure you already believe that which is further evidence that you are either:

a. Really stupid
b. Sick in the head.
c. tired of rich ceo's raking in millions doing nothing but sitting there while their employees have to get foodstamps and medicaid to make ends meet because they don't want to pay livable wages.

I'm starting to think that you're a really shit excuse for an alleged anarcho-capitalist.
So you think its OK for ceo's to rake in millions while MILLIONS of their employees need food stamps and medicaid to live? Nice...I see why people think libertarians suck. This isn't capitalism its crony capitalism and greed at its best.Its done and stays that way because the government is in their back pocket...fascism at its best...large companies and government run this country...to hell with the poor.

you lose, i beat you to it. so what has your hero obama done to counter the succession of cheaper labor markets available outside the USA? Nothing

hmmm, the dollar is lower now then when bush was in office? so why with a lower dollar value can't obama bring jobs back? that should make it easier. You do know you just bitch slapped yourself with your own answer. that was easy

Theoretically a lower dollar should bring jobs back. We have become a land of cheap labor. However, two things destroy what should be an advantage. One is regulations so stringent that in many cases that product cannot be made here. The second is what a manufacturer saves in labor costs is quickly eaten up in energy costs. Once obama closes most power plants, the grid will be hard pressed to keep up with residential energy demands much less support new manufacturing.

Who cares?

Honest to God, what's the point?

Know who gets fucked here? dimocraps.

Know who gets butchered in Chicago every weekend? dimocraps.

Know who has to live in the filth and crime of Dee-Troit where there is NO ambulance service, no Police that will even bother to show up, potholes with streets around them, fat politicians getting even fatter, no jobs, off-the-scale crime, a literacy rate worse than any third world Country, unwed mothers at a 90% + rate, etc ad nauseam?

dimocraps.

Let them live like the pigs and low-life scum they are. They deserve it.

And one more thing -- They ain't never gonna change. No matter what, no matter what kind of shithole they live in where the live cockroaches are eating the dead cockroaches, toilets don't work, garbage just lays in the kitchen for weeks at a time, burnt up sofas in the yard, old cars leaking all over the backyard, children can go days without having their diaper changed, diseases, drunkenness, drug abuse, mental disorders, preggo at 13, illiterate, etc, etc,

They ain't never gonna learn. In fact, I swear to God -- I think they like living that way.

Let them live like that. dimocrap politicans couldn't care less. As long as they keep getting elected and re-elected... (which is what this is all about)

Ain't nothing ever gonna change.

Remember that Asian Lady who started getting their Schools to actually educate kids?

They got rid of her. They WANT to be stupid, dirty and illiterate.

Let 'em

Let's not talk about all the uneducated shit holes in the south that are staunchly republican.

Those are the ones I like to talk about most.

If you are going to pay people LESS than the minimum wage, then you have to give them food stamps. Food stamps for such low wage earners becomes a "business subsidy". Republicans call that "Prosperity through lower wages".

It's just Orwellian enough to be believable.

I'm starting to think that you're a really shit excuse for an alleged anarcho-capitalist.
So you think its OK for ceo's to rake in millions while MILLIONS of their employees need food stamps and medicaid to live? Nice...I see why people think libertarians suck. This isn't capitalism its crony capitalism and greed at its best.Its done and stays that way because the government is in their back pocket...fascism at its best...large companies and government run this country...to hell with the poor.

Apparently, you're good with communistic economic central planning to change this situation.

Like I said, a really shit excuse for a *claimed* anarcho-capitalist.

Last edited:

The primary motivation for starting a business or leading one..is greed.

It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah..they are greedy. And they are "scumbags".

Which is why either you have a mob with pitchforks and torches.

Or government regulations.

that's true......the Chinese are now getting the better paying, more skilled mfg. jobs.....

while here in the U.S. we are getting lower-paying jobs.....and lots of part-time ones....

Not really they have no more high skilled jobs than the US of A. We are still leaders in manufacturing in the world, we just do it more efficiently.

but they are catching up....and going for the more high tech jobs....

we could create and do even more jobs efficiently right here if we had less regulation strangulation, less taxes, and smarter schools.....capital has left the country because it makes more money elsewhere....heck we don't even have a space program anymore...

liberal boobs like the ones in DC can make all the stupid rules they want but it's not going to help them or America....

...but isn't that the goal of Obama and the Left anyway......? :rolleyes:

higher tech, I don't think that you can get a higher tech job than what is in the US or Europe.
Smart schools. it not the schools that are the problem, it's the kids.
No space program, you like making statements that show how much you do not know. Just cause we don't have the murdering shuttles in use we have no space program? You better check again.

there is no easy answer, considering what dems use asa job creation method and the repubs, neither one has worked since Clinton left office. Unless your an illegal, then companies will hire you.

well we could always reinstate the quota system that clinton did away with shortly befor he left office. nice mess he dumped on bush

Unfortunately for American manufacturing, many manufacturers were forced out of the US because regulations made it impossible to make those products here.

Yes..because what we really want are dangerous products made in countries with no regulations.

You're saying that it's better to have no products at all because of destructive regulations?

Regulation came as a result of evolution.

In that, people got tired of food, water, and manufactured goods that were unsafe.

It's kept rich and poor people safe.

Why you folks don't like that is beyond me. :eusa_eh:

The primary motivation for starting a business or leading one..is greed.

It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah..they are greedy. And they are "scumbags".

Which is why either you have a mob with pitchforks and torches.

Or government regulations.

That just displays your ignorance of human nature and motivation.

Most entrepreneurs I know (which is many), started their businesses in order to do something they enjoyed and to be their own boss. Yes, they like and want to make money, but the independence and sense of accomplishment are big drivers.

Not that greed is bad...wanting to keep what one has earned is perfectly honorable. Although I wouldn't use the word greed given the negative connotation in the common vernacular.

Like hell they do.

They do. They drive them out of business. Shit made in China brought here and sold cheap as hell small businesses can't keep up.

People will have the choice to shop at box store or mom and pop. You like choice don't you ?
Indeed I do.. I love shopping at mom and pop stores but I absolutely hate when these fucking wal marts come in and make the mom and pop stores jack their prices up just to compete...

Apparently, you're good with communistic economic central planning to change this situation.

Like I said, a really shit excuse for a *claimed* anarcho-capitalist.
Thanks for not answering the question...oh and maybe you are right I am an anarchist but I think I found something closer to me...Bleeding-heart libertarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of this is correct.

Our government has given tax breaks and entitlements to companies that offshore. It started in the 50s under Eisenhower, but really took off during the middle of the Clinton administration after the telecommunication upgrades and boom.

It went into overdrive during the Bush administration and he could have easily dealt with it.

That is such a crock of progressive pablum.

What you call tax breaks are actually honoring tax treaties with other countries so that foreign based profits are not double taxed.

Oh man!

:lol:

Double TAX!

That doesn't seem to be a problem for the average wage earner.

I pay real estate, city, taxes in 2 states (count em) and Federal. That's in addition to sales tax and tolls for the commute.

:cuckoo:

you do not have sales tax on the most products in NYC or NJ.

Forum List

Back