Lawmakers Rush Bill To Shield Name Of Officer Who Shot LaVoy Finicum

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More hypocrisy from the left. When a cop shoots a BLACK man, the whole world is told immediately who did the shooting.

Oregon Lawmakers Rush Bill To Shield Name Of Officer Who Shot LaVoy Finicum

feb 14 2016 Oregon legislators are rushing through a bill aimed at protecting the identity of the Oregon State Police officer who shot and killed Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation leader Robert LaVoy Finicum after hearing that the officer faces potential death threats.

House Bill 4087, which would allow the police to ask a judge to bar release of the shooter’s name for 90 days at a time, is now headed to the House floor after State Police Superintendent Richard Evans Jr. described how police and other government officials in Burns faced a series of threats and intimidating behavior before and during the 41-day occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Evans said at a House Judiciary Committee meeting last week that law enforcement officials received a series of threats, including threats related to the death of Finicum. He was shot on Jan. 26 when the FBI and other law enforcement officers arrested several leaders of the occupation while they were traveling on a rural stretch of road between Burns and John Day.

So it's not against the law to publicize the officer in the shooting...Well too bad...I am sure they will pass a law to hide his identity..How about they do that for the perps until they are convicted..

What sucks is the home grown GI Joe's that feel the need to act in a manor which put their lives at risk, when it could have been settled in a court of law...

More hypocrisy from the left. When a cop shoots a BLACK man, the whole world is told immediately who did the shooting.

feb 14 2016 Oregon legislators are rushing through a bill aimed at protecting the identity of the Oregon State Police officer who shot and killed Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation leader Robert LaVoy Finicum after hearing that the officer faces potential death threats.

House Bill 4087, which would allow the police to ask a judge to bar release of the shooter’s name for 90 days at a time, is now headed to the House floor after State Police Superintendent Richard Evans Jr. described how police and other government officials in Burns faced a series of threats and intimidating behavior before and during the 41-day occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Evans said at a House Judiciary Committee meeting last week that law enforcement officials received a series of threats, including threats related to the death of Finicum. He was shot on Jan. 26 when the FBI and other law enforcement officers arrested several leaders of the occupation while they were traveling on a rural stretch of road between Burns and John Day.
We shouldn't give terrorists the personal info of our police officers.

I've made my stance clear on the BLM abuse of power out there.........I've shown many articles to the same and they sure aren't all Bundy......................

But I understand why they are doing this..............it is literally a blood fued out there now..........Issuing the officers names could make them a target.

Given that........the Hammond case is BS..........they started a backfire to stop another fire that burned 198 acres...........yet the BLM puts the fires inside their fences and burn cattle and nothing is said.........even after homes are burned.............The Hammond case was NOT an act of Terrorism and actually didn't harm anything..........it was done to stop a larger fire.............

Fires have happened out there for a long time.............fires that have burned 160,000 acres destroying everything in their path...............the backfire was done to protect their property............that is NOT an act of Terrorism.

The officers name should be made public since the American taxpayer pays his salary. He must be identified.

The officers name should be made public since the American taxpayer pays his salary. He must be identified.
If it didn't put him at risk of terrorism and make him a target for recruiting more terrorists I'd agree. But when he's murdered the terrorists will claim a victory and it will make them stronger.

If it didn't put him at risk of terrorism and make him a target for recruiting more terrorists I'd agree. But when he's murdered the terrorists will claim a victory and it will make them stronger.
terrorist...........pfft................

That simply ignores the history of this argument.................and the list of abuses that I have posted on many threads...................
The BLM needs a leash and a tracking collar

That simply ignores the history of this argument.................and the list of abuses that I have posted on many threads...................

Great. Make that argument. And don't support people engaging in terrorism.

There was no terrorism committed.

No you don't. You support a government engaging in tyranny out there..........but you will not cry outrage to the case upon case I have posted showing what led to this.

I could post the SCATHING report from a judge on what the BLM did to the Hages.........and it still wouldn't matter to you........It's on the other thread and google should you chose to look...........but you will not. Gov't good is all you want to know..........not the 49 of 50 ranchers driven out by the BLM.....or the EO that gives the EPA the right to classify wet lands anywhere they want..........or the land taken in Texas that was deeded to a Texan...........read Governor Abbott's take on that........no you will not he is a Neo Con.......the Dann Sisters...........beaten and cattle and horses taken..........

Many more that you will ignore...........this has been going on for 3 decades.......the Congressmen from that county told the story to an empty chamber.........laying out the history of this..........ignored..........and so on.

No you don't. You support a government engaging in tyranny out there..........but you will not cry outrage to the case upon case I have posted showing what led to this.

I could post the SCATHING report from a judge on what the BLM did to the Hages.........and it still wouldn't matter to you........It's on the other thread and google should you chose to look...........but you will not. Gov't good is all you want to know..........not the 49 of 50 ranchers driven out by the BLM.....or the EO that gives the EPA the right to classify wet lands anywhere they want..........or the land taken in Texas that was deeded to a Texan...........read Governor Abbott's take on that........no you will not he is a Neo Con.......the Dann Sisters...........beaten and cattle and horses taken..........

Many more that you will ignore...........this has been going on for 3 decades.......the Congressmen from that county told the story to an empty chamber.........laying out the history of this..........ignored..........and so on.
I'm all for a case being made against the BLM. But we can't condone nutjobs engaging in terrorism. :thup:

Terrorists always believe they are freedom fighters and not terrorists.

Occupying an empty building on public land is not terrorism, especially when the constitution lovers never killed anyone.

I've made my stance clear on the BLM abuse of power out there.........I've shown many articles to the same and they sure aren't all Bundy......................

But I understand why they are doing this..............it is literally a blood fued out there now..........Issuing the officers names could make them a target.

Given that........the Hammond case is BS..........they started a backfire to stop another fire that burned 198 acres...........yet the BLM puts the fires inside their fences and burn cattle and nothing is said.........even after homes are burned.............The Hammond case was NOT an act of Terrorism and actually didn't harm anything..........it was done to stop a larger fire.............

Fires have happened out there for a long time.............fires that have burned 160,000 acres destroying everything in their path...............the backfire was done to protect their property............that is NOT an act of Terrorism.
What the Hammonds did was criminally stupid. But it was not terrorism at all. They deserved the original sentence for putting the BLM firefighters at risk. The second sentence was because of a mandatory sentencing law that should be repealed.

And the fires have not had the size, ferocity, and number in the past that they have now.

Occupying an empty building on public land is not terrorism, especially when the constitution lovers never killed anyone.
MarGarret, it was not an empty building. And the assholes are felons, not law abiding citizens. I hope they all get to occupy Federal Property for about 20 years.

]

You stupid woolly-brained moron. Everybody is a target for terrorism to some extent, The names of cops who kill should always be released. Hell with your stupid exceptions.

dude, that's just stupid. holy crap are you a fkn goofball. LOL:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back