Leader Of Dem Sit-in Was On No-Fly List Himself

Remember when people fought to make sure the injustice committed against them wasn't done to others

Beyond that, Conservatives accused Lewis of being a communist, a race baiter and agitator

That was before they crushed his skull on the Edmunds bridge in Selma
Does Lewis have armed protection? Why does he want to deny us armed protection? Does he think his shit don't stink?

Where has Lewis ever said you can't have armed protection?

I doubt if Lewis has an AR-15

Oh, the dreaded AR15, the "weapon of war" LOL you people are ridiculous.

Can't beat it for shooting first graders

Your plea to emotion doesn't work.

if I were a deranged nut set on killing first graders, which would prevent me from killing more first graders.

A) Armed guards performing searches of anyone trying to enter school grounds

B) Banning semi automatic black rifles

Well, since you can't place armed guards around every possible place humans may congregate, restricting a weapon that allows you to mow down dozens in a short timeframe makes the most sense

Does Lewis have armed protection? Why does he want to deny us armed protection? Does he think his shit don't stink?

if I were a deranged nut set on killing first graders, which would prevent me from killing more first graders.

Well, since you can't place armed guards around every possible place humans may congregate, restricting a weapon that allows you to mow down dozens in a short timeframe makes the most sense

No, actually preventing those who would cause harm from obtaining weapons while leaving people who did nothing wrong the fuck alone makes the most sense. But this country is populated with morons, such as yourself.

The TSA is a good example of this. They could fix both their issue of missing so much contraband and of long wait times in one day if they were allowed to. FUCKING PROFILE. Why are 5 year old children being subjected to pat downs? Because morons think we "have to be fair" fuck being fair. If you're likely to commit a crime, YOU pay the price, not me.

This nut Mateen, no reasonable person believes he should have been able to buy a gun, but "you have to be fair" fuck fair, turn the FBI loose on these morons. Leave my weapons alone.

Let me ask you a further question.

Give a guy like Mateen a .38 revolver

Give me a fully auto M4

who's likely to murder more people?

The no fly list is not an issue by which to remove gun rights of all Americans.

No, it's a secretive list with no oversight that would remove gun rights of Americans put on it even erroneously, which lots of innocent people have, including members of Congress.

Anyone who opposes blocking gun sales to those on the no fly list are terrorist sympathizers.

Anyone who opposes the Fifth Amendment right to Due Process is a totalitarian fascist.

Which one are you, Jake?
That is a fallacy of either or when alternatives are available. You know it.

No, it is not. You are openly advocating the government subvert people's Fifth Amendment rights to Due Process because you and others are afraid. That's the fact, plain and simple.

The no fly list is not an issue by which to remove gun rights of all Americans.

No, it's a secretive list with no oversight that would remove gun rights of Americans put on it even erroneously, which lots of innocent people have, including members of Congress.

Anyone who opposes blocking gun sales to those on the no fly list are terrorist sympathizers.

Anyone who opposes the Fifth Amendment right to Due Process is a totalitarian fascist.

Which one are you, Jake?
That is a fallacy of either or when alternatives are available. You know it.

No, it is not. You are openly advocating the government subvert people's Fifth Amendment rights to Due Process because you and others are afraid. That's the fact, plain and simple.

Something tells me that if Trump suggested that since many Muslim Mosques preach violence that ALL Muslim Mosques should be wiretapped and infiltrated that Jake would completely change his tune visa vie due process.

Just a hunch.

No, actually preventing those who would cause harm from obtaining weapons while leaving people who did nothing wrong the fuck alone makes the most sense. But this country is populated with morons, such as yourself.

The TSA is a good example of this. They could fix both their issue of missing so much contraband and of long wait times in one day if they were allowed to. FUCKING PROFILE. Why are 5 year old children being subjected to pat downs? Because morons think we "have to be fair" fuck being fair. If you're likely to commit a crime, YOU pay the price, not me.

This nut Mateen, no reasonable person believes he should have been able to buy a gun, but "you have to be fair" fuck fair, turn the FBI loose on these morons. Leave my weapons alone.

Give me a fully auto M4

Why are 5 year olds and 85 year old grandmas subjected to patdowns?

Because if they are not, terrorists will find a way to use them to smuggle weapons through a checkpoint

Give me a fully auto M4

Why are 5 year olds and 85 year old grandmas subjected to patdowns?

Because if they are not, terrorists will find a way to use them to smuggle weapons through a checkpoint

No, it's because "to be fair" secondary examinations are random rather than profile based. Which is STUPID.

image.jpeg
Look they got their pacifiers! Poor dudes!

folks like you don't understand evil. It's just that simple. Nope, not a clue lost on you for sure. How many people died in Oklahoma from Tim McVeigh? No frkn gun, Boston Marathon, no gun, nope you all are lost on why evil is evil and what it means or what it takes to oppose it.

In the rush to take our guns, the hypocrisy by Democrats is glaring. Democrats think that love will protect us from a terrorist attack. Obama just released another terrorist from GITMO, most of which have gone back to terrorism, yet he and the Dems want to use an attack, the cause of which can be directly linked to the White House, as a reason to take away our rights. All of this screaming and yelling over a bill that will not save one single life.

Rep Lewis Was Once On The No-Fly List He Wants To Use To Restrict Gun Rights

Democratic Rep. John Lewis was erroneously put on the no-fly list he now wants to use to restrict gun ownership for U.S. citizens.

Lewis staged a “sit-in” at the House of Representatives Wednesday to call for a law barring people on the federal no-fly list from purchasing guns. But Lewis himself was erroneously put on the list at one point for an entire year, meaning he would have been unable to buy a gun had his new proposal been law.

Several different gun control measures have been circulating in Congress in the wake of Omar Mateen’s June 12 shooting spree at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. One of the proposals would ban anybody on the federal government’s no-fly list from purchasing a gun. In the House, Lewis has become a champion of such a rule, leading an occupation of the House floor to demand a vote on the measure.

Lewis may view the no-fly list as a good vehicle for stopping terrorists from getting weapons. But terrorists wouldn’t be the only people hindered by Collins’ proposal. In fact, if such a law had existed a decade ago, Lewis himself would have been victimized by it.

Press accounts from 2004 to 2008 reveal that Lewis’ name somehow ended up on the federal no-fly list, and remained there for years despite his best efforts to get it off. In 2004, he claimed he was stopped 35 to 40 times in a single year by airport personnel who tried to keep him from flying. Presumably, if the “no fly, no gun” law had been in place then, Lewis would have had even more trouble buying a gun than he had getting on a plane.

Lewis isn’t the only prominent person to have trouble with the no-fly list, as Sen. Ted Kennedy and singer Cat Stevens also claimed they were mistakenly placed on it. Their experiences illustrate one of the chief criticisms of the no-fly list: That it can limit individual rights while giving individuals very limited power to fight back.

According to the FBI, the current no-fly list has about 81,000 names, although only a few hundred of them are Americans.​

Beyond that, Conservatives accused Lewis of being a communist, a race baiter and agitator

That was before they crushed his skull on the Edmund Pettus bridge in Selma

John Lewis is an American Patriot and still attacked by the right just like 50 years ago

It makes no sense at all. 84 people have been killed in mass shootings this year in this country, 84 out of 300,000,000, and not all have been done with what you people like to call assault weapons.

Over 300 people have been murdered this year in Chicago alone, but where is the Congressional sit-in on that? There isn't one because these 300 murders have been over a period of six months instead of all at once. Well, what the hell is the difference? 300 dead people is 300 dead people. The only reason you guys aren't throwing a fit about that is because the media isn't hyping it up because those weren't committed by "big, scary" weapons.

This entire argument is emotional, not fact based and not rational and as far as these idiot Congressmen go it's a power play for control. That's why you people are expending all of this energy over 84 people while ignoring all the other senseless deaths that occur.

Last edited:

It makes no sense at all. 84 people have been killed in mass shootings this year in this country, 84 out of 300,000,000, and not all have been done with what you people like to call assault weapons.

Over 300 people have been murdered this year in Chicago alone, but where is the Congressional sit-in on that? There isn't one because these 300 murders have been over a period of six months instead of all at once. Well, what the hell is the difference? 300 dead people is 300 dead people. The only reason you guys aren't throwing a fit about that is because the media isn't hyping it up because those weren't committed by "big, scary" weapons.

This entire argument is emotional, not fact based and not rational and as far as these idiot Congressmen ago it's a power play for control. That's why you people are expending all of this energy over 84 people while ignoring all the other senseless deaths that occur.

Want to start restricting the distribution of handguns too?

I'm game

This entire argument is emotional, not fact based and not rational and as far as these idiot Congressmen ago it's a power play for control. That's why you people are expending all of this energy over 84 people while ignoring all the other senseless deaths that occur.

Exactly true, and liberals can't get all over the "gun owner control" rather than gun control because so many people that they count on for votes each election cycle would end up in prison if my plan were implemented.

Imagine if the Illinois State Police made a raid through south chicago and arrested every person who was in illegal posession of a firearm. I doubt there would be enough prison space IN Illinois to hold them all.

I'm game

You bet I am.

I'm game

Of course you are. You're a bed wetter. I don't see a reason to restrict any of these because they aren't the problem and I don't live my life in constant fear like you people do. Gun deaths are merely a symptom of a larger disease.

I'm game

Of course you are. You're a bed wetter. I don't see a reason to restrict any of these because they aren't the problem and I don't live my life in constant fear like you people do. Gun deaths are merely a symptom of a larger disease.

Oh, but he was so close that time. He said hand gun distribution restrictions rather than just ourtight banning them. Give him some credit for that.

As you said in an earlier post, what's the difference, 49 murders in one shooting or 49 murders spread throughout a city, 49 murders is 49 murders.

I have an idea. let's ban murderers.

That was before they crushed his skull on the Edmunds bridge in Selma

Fallacy of false conclusion

Try again

Forum List

Back