Leaked audio of Republicans freaking out over Obamacare. Hilarious! Laughed so hard I spewed!

“We’d better be sure that we’re prepared to live with the market we’ve created [with repeal],” said Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.). “That’s going to be called Trumpcare. Republicans will own that lock, stock and barrel, and we’ll be judged in the election less than two years away.” […]

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) worried that one idea floated by Republicans—a refundable tax credit—won’t work for middle-class families that can’t afford to prepay their premiums and wait for a tax refund.

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ) talked about what's going to happen to the more than 20 million people who have coverage and might lose it. "We’re telling those people that we’re not going to pull the rug out from under them," he said, "and if we do this too fast, we are in fact going to pull the rug out from under them." The rest of the discussion is entirely about the political risks these Republicans face, not the tens of thousands of people who might die, every year, when their coverage is ripped away.

---------------------------

When have Republicans care about tens of thousands dying? Anyone? If they ain't rich, white and Republican, fuck 'em! Right?

Oh this is just too rich.

And Republicans have painted themselves into a corner. Cover everyone? Better? Cheaper?

And then Ryan an McConnell telling everyone how they are working together and how it's going along really well.

THEY JUST GOT CAUGHT LYING TO THE ENTIRE COUNTRY! AGAIN!

giphy.gif
I am not sure considering and pondering the potential repealing the old and implementing a new law is a bad thing. I think it is actually prudent and I wish the democrats were so prudent before recklessly legislated ACA, especially with the nuclear option in the Senate.

Some of the quotes ---

“Our goal, in my opinion, should be not a quick fix. We can do it rapidly — but not a quick fix,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.). “We want a long-term solution that lowers costs.”

-----------

“We are just walking into a gigantic political trap if we go down this path of sticking Planned Parenthood in the health insurance bill,” he said. “If you want to do it somewhere else, I have no problem, but I think we are creating a political minefield for ourselves — House and Senate.” Rep John Faso R-NY
------------

“We have a responsibility to work for the people that put us in office,” he said. “That’s the oath we take: to defend the Constitution, to fight for the people we represent, and this is a fiasco that needs to be fixed.” (Paul Ryan)
-------------

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) worried that the plans under GOP consideration could eviscerate coverage for the roughly 20 million Americans now covered through state and federal marketplaces and the law’s Medicaid expansion: “We’re telling those people that we’re not going to pull the rug out from under them, and if we do this too fast, we are in fact going to pull the rug out from under them.”
---------------

“The president has now officially given direction [not only] to HHS, but to all of these agencies that have responsibility . . . to exercise all available discretion to begin helping the American people and to begin fixing our health-care system.” Director Andrew Bremberg
-------------

“To me, us taking retribution on Planned Parenthood is kind of morally akin to what Lois Lerner and Obama and the IRS did against tea party groups,” [Rep John Faso R-NY] said, a reference to accusations that the Internal Revenue Service improperly targeted conservative political groups for audits.
-------------

Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare
Sounds to me like they are making well reasoned arguments and attempting to keep as many people insured as possible...while keeping there promise to get rid of the Obamanation Obamacare.

Isn't this what we sent them to Washington to do? And isn't this what Democrats are looking for as well...an honest attempt to insure those in need?

Then what the hell is Rdean bitching about?

Last edited:
When have Republicans care about tens of thousands dying? Anyone?

When were tens of thousand dying?

Vietnam??
Hopefully they won't die. But you know how Republicans are. Remember the GOP debates in Las Vegas when Ron Paul was asked about health care and the GOP audience yelled out "let him die"? You can watch it on Youtube. Want me to post it?

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ) talked about what's going to happen to the more than 20 million people who have coverage and might lose it. "We’re telling those people that we’re not going to pull the rug out from under them," he said, "and if we do this too fast, we are in fact going to pull the rug out from under them." The rest of the discussion is entirely about the political risks these Republicans face, not the tens of thousands of people who might die, every year, when their coverage is ripped away.

Secret recording shows how much Republicans are freaking out on Obamacare

-----------

Some of the quotes ---

“Our goal, in my opinion, should be not a quick fix. We can do it rapidly — but not a quick fix,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.). “We want a long-term solution that lowers costs.”

“We are just walking into a gigantic political trap if we go down this path of sticking Planned Parenthood in the health insurance bill,” he said. “If you want to do it somewhere else, I have no problem, but I think we are creating a political minefield for ourselves — House and Senate.”

“We have a responsibility to work for the people that put us in office,” he said. “That’s the oath we take: to defend the Constitution, to fight for the people we represent, and this is a fiasco that needs to be fixed.” (Paul Ryan

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) worried that the plans under GOP consideration could eviscerate coverage for the roughly 20 million Americans now covered through state and federal marketplaces and the law’s Medicaid expansion: “We’re telling those people that we’re not going to pull the rug out from under them, and if we do this too fast, we are in fact going to pull the rug out from under them.”

“The president has now officially given direction [not only] to HHS, but to all of these agencies that have responsibility . . . to exercise all available discretion to begin helping the American people and to begin fixing our health-care system.” Director Andrew Bremberg

“To me, us taking retribution on Planned Parenthood is kind of morally akin to what Lois Lerner and Obama and the IRS did against tea party groups,” [Rep John Faso R-NY] said, a reference to accusations that the Internal Revenue Service improperly targeted conservative political groups for audits.

Sounds to me like they are making well reasoned arguments and attempting to keep as many people insured as possible...while keeping there promise to get rid of the Obamanation Obamacare.

Isn't this what we sent them to Washington to do? And isn't this what Democrats are looking for as well...an honest attempt to insure those in need?

I was talking about the use of the word "fret" in the title of your link/

Vietnam??
Hopefully they won't die. But you know how Republicans are. Remember the GOP debates in Las Vegas when Ron Paul was asked about health care and the GOP audience yelled out "let him die"? You can watch it on Youtube. Want me to post it?

-----------

Maybe I have a short memory, but I simply don't recall tens of thousands of people dying before ObamaCare. I do remember the system being better for most people than it is now

Thank you.
Wonder who planted the bug?
Some of the quotes ---

“We are just walking into a gigantic political trap if we go down this path of sticking Planned Parenthood in the health insurance bill,” he said. “If you want to do it somewhere else, I have no problem, but I think we are creating a political minefield for ourselves — House and Senate.”

“We have a responsibility to work for the people that put us in office,” he said. “That’s the oath we take: to defend the Constitution, to fight for the people we represent, and this is a fiasco that needs to be fixed.” (Paul Ryan

I was talking about the use of the word "fret" in the title of your link/

Not my title...that's the Washington Post's original title...I just pasted in the URL. DailyKOS changed it to "freaking out"...imagine that.

washingtonpost.com/politics/behind-closed-doors-republican-lawmakers-fret-about-how-to-repeal-obamacare/2017/01/27/deabdafa-e491-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.01d37b95989f

Untitled6.png

“We’d better be sure that we’re prepared to live with the market we’ve created [with repeal],” said Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.). “That’s going to be called Trumpcare. Republicans will own that lock, stock and barrel, and we’ll be judged in the election less than two years away.” […]

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) worried that one idea floated by Republicans—a refundable tax credit—won’t work for middle-class families that can’t afford to prepay their premiums and wait for a tax refund.

---------------------------

When have Republicans care about tens of thousands dying? Anyone? If they ain't rich, white and Republican, fuck 'em! Right?

Oh this is just too rich.

And Republicans have painted themselves into a corner. Cover everyone? Better? Cheaper?

And then Ryan an McConnell telling everyone how they are working together and how it's going along really well.

THEY JUST GOT CAUGHT LYING TO THE ENTIRE COUNTRY! AGAIN!

giphy.gif

Yep, the Washington Post is the original source of the story. Several news outlets are also reporting it.

8,700 per person per year.

I don't care what what kind of XXXXcare you have.

That money comes from somewhere.

When will the left and right learn.

Vietnam??

-----------

Maybe I have a short memory, but I simply don't recall tens of thousands of people dying before ObamaCare. I do remember the system being better for most people than it is now

And it could have been better......

Obamacare didn't take us in that direction.

I already said long ago as soon as I heard the tax credit idea. That doesn't do shit to help the middle-class and poor that can't afford to pay a whole years premiums out of pocket in the beginning to then end up getting the credit back at the end of the year in taxes.

Forum List

Back