Leaked Autopsy Report Reveals Freddie Gray’s Cause Of Death

Nope. For one...5 cops werent in the van or driving. They will walk. Completely.

The driver is the only one left. Unless he does a Colonel Jessup and outright admits he slammed breaks on purpose...no chance. Hell...he can say a dog ran in front of him. No proof otherwise.

The ONLY thing they can try is going after them for the seatbelt...which wasnt policy until days before. And considering Baltimore PD in the past...oh...10 years has transported a million prisoners unseat belted...and none died....theres absolutely no reason they should've expected this.

Freddy Grey had weak bones from lead poisoning and prior injuries. He stood up in a moving vehicle. And fell. Tragic. But not criminal.

Hell...I could be the defense and win this case. The Baltimore police union lawyer will sleepwalk his way to a victory.

The Baltimore PD has paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits due to injuries suffered during "rough rides". It's not exactly a secret, and I don't imagine it will be that hard to convince a jury that the same thing happened again.

Im sure they have. Because injuries in a car driving incident are a civil matter. Not criminal.

When the injuries are intentional, in an attempt to humble the "suspect", then it certainly is a criminal matter.
Prove intent. Good luck.

That's not my job, it's Mosby's.

Another brilliant comment by Captain Obvious! :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Nope. For one...5 cops werent in the van or driving. They will walk. Completely.

The driver is the only one left. Unless he does a Colonel Jessup and outright admits he slammed breaks on purpose...no chance. Hell...he can say a dog ran in front of him. No proof otherwise.

The ONLY thing they can try is going after them for the seatbelt...which wasnt policy until days before. And considering Baltimore PD in the past...oh...10 years has transported a million prisoners unseat belted...and none died....theres absolutely no reason they should've expected this.

Freddy Grey had weak bones from lead poisoning and prior injuries. He stood up in a moving vehicle. And fell. Tragic. But not criminal.

Hell...I could be the defense and win this case. The Baltimore police union lawyer will sleepwalk his way to a victory.

The Baltimore PD has paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits due to injuries suffered during "rough rides". It's not exactly a secret, and I don't imagine it will be that hard to convince a jury that the same thing happened again.

Im sure they have. Because injuries in a car driving incident are a civil matter. Not criminal.

When the injuries are intentional, in an attempt to humble the "suspect", then it certainly is a criminal matter.
Prove intent. Good luck.

Then why are you commenting as though you're the expert?

leaked reports are the lefts way of easing out

on the mob scene they created

expect more let downs

:lol:

Looks like someone's a little butthurt. Whatever

Prove intent. Good luck.

I don't believe I have claimed to be any sort of "expert".

Yea that's what I'm seeing too, I just don't see a way for an unbiased jury to look at reality and say they /intended/ to harm Gray here.

That said, I believe Gray's weak bones were from lead poisoning and drug use, not previous injury (which I believe the media disproved - the pending case was about lead poison in their childhood home and the accident case was a media mistake, at least as I recall anyway - I could be wrong though I lost some marbles helping the neighbor deal with some 200 sled dogs displaced by the fire.)

The "weak bones" thing has little basis in fact.

CDC - Lead Health Problems Caused by Lead - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic -- Freddie Gray s life a study on the effects of lead paint on poor blacks - The Washington Post

Effects of drug abuse on the skeletal system -- Baltimore s Freddie Gray drug dealer with 18 arrests Politics Though I will give you that, as I understand it, dealers typically do not use because it cuts into their profit.

If

expect more let downs

I expect if these cops don't get life = the rest of Baltimore will burn. It is not about justice or being right...It is about hate of white people.

they will not see a day more then time served

slowly they will let more info out

we have seen this played out several times already

Didn't the police have the responsibility to buckle the defendant up so the defendant didn't roll around? It could be negligence on the police officers part.

It's more than negligence, it's malicious intent.

It's as if you guys don't understand what a rough ride is.

Can't be proved, might be able to prove negligence, of course you are an empty minded liberal so that point would not stick in your mush mind. Maybe you have been taking too many of your prescription drugs. You now smoking opiates? Seems like it.

If

expect more let downs

I expect if these cops don't get life = the rest of Baltimore will burn. It is not about justice or being right...It is about hate of white people.

Negligence is what they might be able to prove. He should have been belted in.

Didn't the police have the responsibility to buckle the defendant up so the defendant didn't roll around? It could be negligence on the police officers part.

It's more than negligence, it's malicious intent.

It's as if you guys don't understand what a rough ride is.

Can't be proved, might be able to prove negligence, of course you are an empty minded liberal so that point would not stick in your mush mind. Maybe you have been taking too many of your prescription drugs. You now smoking opiates? Seems like it.

possibly and most likely a civil suit

:lol:

Looks like someone's a little butthurt. Whatever

Prove intent. Good luck.

I don't believe I have claimed to be any sort of "expert".
I didn't say you "claimed" to be, you just pretend to be.

If

expect more let downs

Negligence is what they might be able to prove. He should have been belted in.

true i believe i had read that the belt in rule had just became policy at the time

but then again we do not know all the facts surrounding that either

however that would be my guess as to the most likely outcome

[...]

Gray was not belted in the van, but was only shackled by officers and thus was “at risk for an unsupported fall during acceleration or deceleration of the van,” the report said.
Is there a procedural requirement for Baltimore cops transporting prisoners in those vans to securely belt them in place, specifically to avoid this kind of "accident?"

Because transported prisoners are handcuffed they are unable to belt themselves in place. So whether or not any of those cops will be charged with a crime it looks like Freddie Gray's family will soon be living well.

[...]

Gray was not belted in the van, but was only shackled by officers and thus was “at risk for an unsupported fall during acceleration or deceleration of the van,” the report said.
Is there a procedural requirement for Baltimore cops transporting prisoners in those vans to securely belt them in place, specifically to avoid this kind of "accident?"

Because transported prisoners are handcuffed they are unable to belt themselves in place. So whether or not any of those cops will be charged with a crime it looks like Freddie Gray's family will soon be living well.

well what really comes into play is the police General Order K–14 which states

Whenever a person is taken into custody, ensure the safety of the arrestee and ensure medical treatment for a prisoner is obtained when necessary at the nearest emergency medical facility.

[...]

Don't quote me, but I read somewhere that at the time of the incident 80% of Baltimore PD vans didn't even have seatbelts, and this was one of them.

You certainly can't fault the police for not using a piece of equipment they didn't have.

I don't even see this going to trial by the time it's all said and done.

[...]

Don't quote me, but I read somewhere that at the time of the incident 80% of Baltimore PD vans didn't even have seatbelts, and this was one of them.

You certainly can't fault the police for not using a piece of equipment they didn't have.

I don't even see this going to trial by the time it's all said and done.

oddly this has played out before in Baltimore

LEAKE v. JOHNSON

FACTUAL AND PROCEDURAL BACKGROUND

On October 27, 2008, appellees filed a Complaint in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, naming Officers Sendy Ferdinand, Nicole Leake, and Michael Riser as defendants. In their Complaint, appellees raised multiple claims, including battery, negligence, gross negligence, and two counts of wrongful death. They asserted that Mr. Johnson was arrested for public urination, handcuffed, and placed into a police van, where appellants “maliciously failed to belt [Mr. Johnson] into the paddy wagon/police van's seat so that he was subject to being violently thrown around the back of the vehicle as the Defendant Leake drove in an aggressive fashion, taking turns so as to injure [Mr. Johnson] who was helplessly cuffed.” The Complaint further stated:

After having inflicted permanent, serious and life threatening injuries to [Mr. Johnson], these Defendants made no attempts whatsoever to administer first aid or medical care. Specifically, notwithstanding [Mr. Johnson's] complaints of numbness and an inability to move, these Defendants failed to immobilize [Mr. Johnson's] neck, failed to obtain emergency medical assistance, and simply transported [Mr. Johnson] from the back of the paddy wagon/police van to another police vehicle, unsecured and without adequate stabilization, after he had sustained significant injury. Thereafter, they drove him, unsecured and unstabilized, to the hospital.

LEAKE v. JOHNSON FindLaw

This isn't news, we've basically known this since a day or so after the incident.

He was "humbled" to death. Whether or not the cops will be convicted remains to be seen.

If they are it's a travesty and Mosby will NEVER get second degree murder

She's probably got a pretty good case for second-degree murder, actually.

She just has to show that the cops were intentionally giving him a rough ride (which is almost certainly the case).
There was another prisoner in the van. If he says they gave them a rough ride, then they are guilty. If he doesn't say that, then they are innocent. The truth will be revealed.

This isn't news, we've basically known this since a day or so after the incident.

He was "humbled" to death. Whether or not the cops will be convicted remains to be seen.

She just has to show that the cops were intentionally giving him a rough ride (which is almost certainly the case).
There was another prisoner in the van. If he says they gave them a rough ride, then they are guilty. If he doesn't say that, then they are innocent. The truth will be revealed.

the other guy said he was thrashing around in the van so violently that it shook the van

The other prisoner in the van was only present for the last 4 minutes of the trip.

the other guy said he was thrashing around in the van so violently that it shook the van

Link?

Forum List

Back