Leaked Autopsy Report Reveals Freddie Gray’s Cause Of Death

This isn't news, we've basically known this since a day or so after the incident.

He was "humbled" to death. Whether or not the cops will be convicted remains to be seen.

If they are it's a travesty and Mosby will NEVER get second degree murder

She's probably got a pretty good case for second-degree murder, actually.

She just has to show that the cops were intentionally giving him a rough ride (which is almost certainly the case).

Nope. For one...5 cops werent in the van or driving. They will walk. Completely.

The driver is the only one left. Unless he does a Colonel Jessup and outright admits he slammed breaks on purpose...no chance. Hell...he can say a dog ran in front of him. No proof otherwise.

The ONLY thing they can try is going after them for the seatbelt...which wasnt policy until days before. And considering Baltimore PD in the past...oh...10 years has transported a million prisoners unseat belted...and none died....theres absolutely no reason they should've expected this.

Freddy Grey had weak bones from lead poisoning and prior injuries. He stood up in a moving vehicle. And fell. Tragic. But not criminal.

Hell...I could be the defense and win this case. The Baltimore police union lawyer will sleepwalk his way to a victory.

The Baltimore PD has paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits due to injuries suffered during "rough rides". It's not exactly a secret, and I don't imagine it will be that hard to convince a jury that the same thing happened again.

If the groid riots then they can go to hell as there's simply no pleasing them. They don't give a damn about justice as it is based on evidence.

None of them care about freddie. They loot and riot in the hope we'll give them more welfare and affirmative action. Crime pays when you're black.

Didn't the police have the responsibility to buckle the defendant up so the defendant didn't roll around? It could be negligence on the police officers part.

Didn't the police have the responsibility to buckle the defendant up so the defendant didn't roll around? It could be negligence on the police officers part.

It's more than negligence, it's malicious intent.

It's as if you guys don't understand what a rough ride is.

The Baltimore PD has paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits due to injuries suffered during "rough rides". It's not exactly a secret, and I don't imagine it will be that hard to convince a jury that the same thing happened again.

The city loses the lawsuits since they know the jury will be all black.. If this case gets moved out of baltimore, it might be different.

In order to pin that on the non-driving officers, they'd have to prove the pack of them stood around and made a "blue pact" to rough ride him. That's a bit uhm... conspiracy theory don't you think?

If I recall correctly the police chief came out on day one and said that sometimes it's not safe to get into the small van holding area to buckle down a suspect who's thrashing around. They better have video of the supposed rough ride conversation if they want to pin anything /more/ than negligence on the non-drivers.

In order to pin that on the non-driving officers, they'd have to prove the pack of them stood around and made a "blue pact" to rough ride him. That's a bit uhm... conspiracy theory don't you think?

I would suggest that you read all of my posts in this thread, particularly post #9.

I would suggest that you read all of my posts in this thread, particularly post #9.

(note, I'd added a bit to the above before you replied, sorry.)

As to your point, yes, but as I understand it, the driver is not the one who loaded Gray into the van. Am I mistaken on that?

As to your point, yes, but as I understand it, the driver is not the one who loaded Gray into the van. Am I mistaken on that?

I don't see how that would make a difference - if anything, that would lend credence to your "conspiracy". Are you trying to prepare a "I didn't know he was unbuckled" defense for the driver?

They don't need video of it to convince the jury that it happened.

This isn't news, we've basically known this since a day or so after the incident.

He was "humbled" to death. Whether or not the cops will be convicted remains to be seen.

She just has to show that the cops were intentionally giving him a rough ride (which is almost certainly the case).

Nope. For one...5 cops werent in the van or driving. They will walk. Completely.

The driver is the only one left. Unless he does a Colonel Jessup and outright admits he slammed breaks on purpose...no chance. Hell...he can say a dog ran in front of him. No proof otherwise.

The ONLY thing they can try is going after them for the seatbelt...which wasnt policy until days before. And considering Baltimore PD in the past...oh...10 years has transported a million prisoners unseat belted...and none died....theres absolutely no reason they should've expected this.

Freddy Grey had weak bones from lead poisoning and prior injuries. He stood up in a moving vehicle. And fell. Tragic. But not criminal.

Hell...I could be the defense and win this case. The Baltimore police union lawyer will sleepwalk his way to a victory.

Im sure they have. Because injuries in a car driving incident are a civil matter. Not criminal.

I don't see how that would make a difference - if anything, that would lend credence to your "conspiracy". Are you trying to prepare a "I didn't know he was unbuckled" defense for the driver?

No I'm just saying you can't charge someone with "intent to harm" when all they did was put the guy in the van, like they had many others. UNLESS you prove they had a conversation with the driver about rough riding him.

In any event, I had to go look it up again, apparently fire watch rattled some pages out of my head, though if the following is the officers story then it might complicate things for armchair lawyering. Story is that the arresting officers loaded Gray in on his stomach head first, then the driver had stopped repeatedly to check on him because he was going nuts or w/e; leg shackles were put on and he was loaded back in (same position as he had been before), then again later they stopped and an officer had helped Gray sit on the bench because he said he couldn't breath.

I think it'd be a hard sell to say that the officers were intentionally trying to hurt Gray if it's on record that they shackled his legs because he was flailing around and could injure himself (because logically that's the only reason they'd leg shackle him in the back of the van, else they'd just let him go nuts back there right?) Then even harder to argue when they helped him sit on the bench because he said he couldn't breath. I don't think an unbiased jury could logically say that the intent was to harm Gray, and considering that Officer Caesar Goodson, Jr, who was driving the van is African American, the "racism civil right's violation" theme is toast. At best they have to argue that the two officers were in cahoots to rough ride Gray for being a pain in the ass. Plausible perhaps, but a jury agreeing that they "intended" to harm Gray... I'm not seeing that honestly. At best, Mosley might be able to push her "stop 4" Gray unresponsive and the officer's did nothing, which would be negligence, not really "intent to harm."

Supposed time-line from Mosley: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...baltimore-police-department-map-timeline.html

It'd be nice if we could see all the reports and what-not, instead of the mishmash of media twists and crap we've been getting.

Im sure they have. Because injuries in a car driving incident are a civil matter. Not criminal.

When the injuries are intentional, in an attempt to humble the "suspect", then it certainly is a criminal matter.

They're not guilty.

What PROOF is there of intent or malice?

Freddy had weak bones from lead poisoning and a past neck injury. He stood up in a van during transport....fell...and tragically hit his head....where his neck bones...weak from lead poisoning. ..broke.

Thats the case.

Was there some civil negligence by the officers? Maybe. Especially when he asked for a medic. But as any cop will say...prisoners ask for hospital care constantly and are usually faking it (because the hospital food is better than jail food. They want a good meal before jail).

They have no case. Sorry.

When the injuries are intentional, in an attempt to humble the "suspect", then it certainly is a criminal matter.

No shit Sherlock! You are fucking brilliant. Dipshit!

Again...what proof is there they did that? They repeatedly stopped to check on him and helpes him up to a seat. They're the most thoughtful intentional harmers ever haha.

No proof.
No case.

In court...only evidence matters.
You and Mosby are speculating.
No evidence.
Not guilty.

Yea that's what I'm seeing too, I just don't see a way for an unbiased jury to look at reality and say they /intended/ to harm Gray here.

That said, I believe Gray's weak bones were from lead poisoning and drug use, not previous injury (which I believe the media disproved - the pending case was about lead poison in their childhood home and the accident case was a media mistake, at least as I recall anyway - I could be wrong though I lost some marbles helping the neighbor deal with some 200 sled dogs displaced by the fire.)

Prove intent. Good luck.

Prove intent. Good luck.

That's not my job, it's Mosby's.

Again...what proof is there they did that? They repeatedly stopped to check on him and helpes him up to a seat. They're the most thoughtful intentional harmers ever haha.

No proof.
No case.

In court...only evidence matters.
You and Mosby are speculating.
No evidence.
Not guilty.

Of course you think they're not guilty. A cop could rape a newborn on national TV and you'd defend them.

We'll see how the trial comes out.

Yea that's what I'm seeing too, I just don't see a way for an unbiased jury to look at reality and say they /intended/ to harm Gray here.

That said, I believe Gray's weak bones were from lead poisoning and drug use, not previous injury (which I believe the media disproved - the pending case was about lead poison in their childhood home and the accident case was a media mistake, at least as I recall anyway - I could be wrong though I lost some marbles helping the neighbor deal with some 200 sled dogs displaced by the fire.)

The "weak bones" thing has little basis in fact.

Forum List

Back