Lebron James is the greatest to ever play the game

"The Best evah", I'd go with Jordan for his will. He just took over games on both ends, and we all knew what was coming. My all-time team:

PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Bill Russell

Against my team.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Jordan
SF Kevin Durant
PF Malone or Rodman
C Hakeem Olajuwon or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Wilt Chamberlain

"The Best evah", I'd go with Jordan for his will. He just took over games on both ends, and we all knew what was coming. My all-time team:

PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Bill Russell

Against my team.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Jordan
SF Kevin Durant
PF Malone or Rodman

Rodman? Durant? Durant isn't better than James. I'd put Bird, or Erving in that spot over Durant.

Stockton
Jordan
James
Duncan
Jabbar

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Bill Russell

Against my team.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Jordan
SF Kevin Durant
PF Malone or Rodman

Rodman? Durant? Durant isn't better than James. I'd put Bird, or Erving in that spot over Durant.

Stockton
Jordan
James
Duncan
Jabbar

I'm putting Larry Bird over James, Larry would never have let his team get decimated in the NBA Finals like Lebron did.

Against my team.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Jordan
SF Kevin Durant
PF Malone or Rodman

Stockton
Jordan
James
Duncan
Jabbar

I'm putting Larry Bird over James, Larry would never have let his team get decimated in the NBA Finals like Lebron did.

Lebron is the greatest physical specimen ever to play in the NBA? Maybe that is what we will say about him when it's all said and done. I mean he took Cleveland to the finals and went to the finals 4 years in a row with the Heat winning 2 of them? Not too shabby.

But he will NEVER be the greatest of all time. Not after that performance or the year Dirk beat his ass. He didn't show the character.

Oh, damn it I wish the Spurs would have won last year. Then Lebron would only have 1 ring and he would not have a back to back. That isn't common in the NBA to win 2 in a row. 3 is almost unheard of. You start talking dynasty when a team has 3 in a row.

So thank you Spurs. Mad respect/props for taking down the Heat.

I love that Leonard kid. I was so sad for him they didn't beat the Heat last year they were so close. But also ha ha because so were the Piston's in 2005 when you beat us in game 7. That one hurt.

I can't believe the Heat went up so big in the first and then fell apart. WTF :eek: I tell you if they won last night I'd be shitting my pants going back to Miami. If the Heat won game 6 tell me any of you would be confident at the beginning of game 7. Even if in San Antonio you'd be holding your breath admit it. I know I would be. So last night was a must win in my mind. LOL. Jimmy Kimmel said they are must wins, except game 4. Game 4's don't matter. :lol: He was being silly. They are all must wins. Miami's was last night that's for sure.

Now I can't wait to see if the Heat break up, will they still be better than the Pacers next year, will OKC be in the finals next year? Will Melo go to Miami? Will Lebron go to LA Lakers? So great the Heat didn't win again. They didn't deserve it after game 2 when they elbowed Parker and faked fouls. Wade you need to retire. You got 3 rings and millions of dollars. Bosh you need to stop letting Lil Wayne bang your wife. :eusa_shhh:

Miami needs minor fixes and then a replacement for Wade. They are strong and tough, they could win it all next year, just depends.

Lebron to the Lakers? I doubt it, everyone wants to play with Lebron, everyone says they want to play with Bryant and Anthony, but no big stars really go and stay. The selfish play and attitude of those two make it tough to add players to the team.

Durant, James, Paul, all attract other talent.

Stockton
Jordan
James
Duncan
Jabbar

Lebron is the greatest physical specimen ever to play in the NBA? Maybe that is what we will say about him when it's all said and done. I mean he took Cleveland to the finals and went to the finals 4 years in a row with the Heat winning 2 of them? Not too shabby.

But he will NEVER be the greatest of all time. Not after that performance or the year Dirk beat his ass. He didn't show the character.

Oh, damn it I wish the Spurs would have won last year. Then Lebron would only have 1 ring and he would not have a back to back. That isn't common in the NBA to win 2 in a row. 3 is almost unheard of. You start talking dynasty when a team has 3 in a row.

I love that Leonard kid. I was so sad for him they didn't beat the Heat last year they were so close. But also ha ha because so were the Piston's in 2005 when you beat us in game 7. That one hurt.

I can't believe the Heat went up so big in the first and then fell apart. WTF :eek: I tell you if they won last night I'd be shitting my pants going back to Miami. If the Heat won game 6 tell me any of you would be confident at the beginning of game 7. Even if in San Antonio you'd be holding your breath admit it. I know I would be. So last night was a must win in my mind. LOL. Jimmy Kimmel said they are must wins, except game 4. Game 4's don't matter. :lol: He was being silly. They are all must wins. Miami's was last night that's for sure.

Now I can't wait to see if the Heat break up, will they still be better than the Pacers next year, will OKC be in the finals next year? Will Melo go to Miami? Will Lebron go to LA Lakers? So great the Heat didn't win again. They didn't deserve it after game 2 when they elbowed Parker and faked fouls. Wade you need to retire. You got 3 rings and millions of dollars. Bosh you need to stop letting Lil Wayne bang your wife. :eusa_shhh:

If Ray Allen had never went to the Heat the whole storyline of the NBA would have been different it would be the tale of a Spurs repeat.

If Ray Allen had never went to the Heat the whole storyline of the NBA would have been different it would be the tale of a Spurs repeat.

Ain't that the truth.

James the greatest? Puuuleeez! M.J. has five more rings, more points, more double doubles, more triples, more wins, more everything. and he did it with the same team, without whining about not having a better supporting cast. The only thing James has more of, is whine.

Lebron may well end up being the best player ever but he will never be considered the GOAT. He doesn't have the story that MJ has.

Um no! Lebron has no chance of being the best player ever. That would be Michael Jordan, and it's not because of any story, it's because of how he played the game and what he accomplished on the court.

Lebron may well end up being the best player ever but he will never be considered the GOAT. He doesn't have the story that MJ has.

Um no! Lebron has no chance of being the best player ever. That would be Michael Jordan, and it's not because of any story, it's because of how he played the game and what he accomplished on the court.

Disagree. Lebron has to be the most complete player to ever play the game and he is not even done. MJ is the result of media hype combined with obvious talent and skill. The whole story is almost like a fairytale. MJ gets cut from his high school team. (underdog). He goes on to hit winning shots in college after working hard to improve his game. He comes in after Bird and Magic had already set the stage for him. He struggles to reach the peak after being thwarted by several teams in the ECF. Pippen and Phil Jackson come along and he finally reaches the top. Its a story filled with struggle, work, and finally achievement. Its the oldest story in the world and the subject of most feel good stories. That and MJ's talent are the primary reasons he is seen as the GOAT.

On the other hand you have Lebron that was proclaimed to be the King before he even stepped on a NBA court. He had his HS games televised on ESPN. He was expected to win a championship before even playing in the NBA. There is no real struggle because he took the Cavs to the Finals with a team no one could have won with. He is blessed with talent so there is no story of overcoming obstacles and plenty of expectations. I get the feeling people want to see him play 1 on 5 before they will give Lebron his due.

Last edited:

Disagree. Lebron has to be the most complete player to ever play the game and he is not even done. MJ is the result of media hype combined with obvious talent and skill. The whole story is almost like a fairytale. MJ gets cut from his high school team. (underdog). He goes on to hit winning shots in college after working hard to improve his game. He comes in after Bird and Magic had already set the stage for him. He struggles to reach the peak after being thwarted by several teams in the ECF. Pippen and Phil Jackson come along and he finally reaches the top. Its a story filled with struggle, work, and finally achievement. Its the oldest story in the world and the subject of most feel good stories. That and MJ's talent are the primary reasons he is seen as the GOAT.

On the other hand you have Lebron that was proclaimed to be the King before he even stepped on a NBA court. He had his HS games televised on ESPN. He was expected to win a championship before even playing in the NBA. There is no real struggle because he took the Cavs to the Finals with a team no one could have won with. He is blessed with talent so there is no story of overcoming obstacles and plenty of expectations. I get the feeling people want to see him play 1 on 5 before they will give Lebron his due.

I can't believe you're talking all this Lebron shit after his pedestrian finals performance? Did Lebron ever average 37 points per game? How many scoring titles does Lebron have?
Did Jordan ever choke in two finals appearances like Lebron?

Jordan didn't make his high school varsity team as a sophomore, so what? Hakeem didn't even play basketball until he was 15. Yeah Jordan had adversity early in his career and didn't win a championship until he was in his prime. Guess what? The same for Lebron.

Last edited:

I can't believe you're talking all this Lebron shit after his pedestrian finals performance? Did Lebron ever average 37 points per game? How many scoring titles does Lebron have?

Jordan didn't make his high school varsity team as a freshman, so what? Hakeem didn't even play basketball until he was 15. Yeah Jordan had adversity early in his career and didn't win a championship until he was in his prime. Guess what? The same for Lebron.

Avg 37 points a game is what scorers do. There is more to basketball than scoring. If Lebron wanted to average 37 I have no doubt he could do it. However, other parts of his game and his team would suffer. Jordan never choked and neither has Lebron.

Where did Hakeem come from? We are talking about MJ and overcoming adversity. Hakeem is from Africa and he was 7ft tall. Not even close to the same scenario. MJ was never expected to win a championship until he actually did it. The whole knock on MJ was that a player leading the league in scoring would never win a ring. Basically his winning a ring was dismissed. Lebron was expected to win a ring and criticized for making that happen. You seem to keep missing the importance of the story in all this. The story is what sells MJ.

Last edited:

Jordan didn't make his high school varsity team as a freshman, so what? Hakeem didn't even play basketball until he was 15. Yeah Jordan had adversity early in his career and didn't win a championship until he was in his prime. Guess what? The same for Lebron.

Avg 37 points a game is what scorers do. There is more to basketball than scoring. If Lebron wanted to average 37 I have no doubt he could do it. However, other parts of his game and his team would suffer. Jordan never choked and neither has Lebron.

Where did Hakeem come from? We are talking about MJ and overcoming adversity. Hakeem is from Africa and he was 7ft tall. Not even close to the same scenario. MJ was never expected to win a championship until he actually did it. The whole knock on MJ was that a player leading the league in scoring would never win a ring. Basically his winning a ring was dismissed. Lebron was expected to win a ring and criticized for making that happen.

I brought up Hakeem because you seem to think Jordan not making his high school varsity team is part of the reason why people view Jordan as the greatest, when in fact Hakeem wasn't even playing basketball around that age (and Hakeem was 6"10). Most people don't even know Jordan got cut in high school.

So Jordan was a better scorer, right? And what's the most important part of the game??

When did anyone criticize Lebron for winning a championship? Maybe people criticized the bitchass way he had to win one, but over all he's gotten much love for winning.

Where did Hakeem come from? We are talking about MJ and overcoming adversity. Hakeem is from Africa and he was 7ft tall. Not even close to the same scenario. MJ was never expected to win a championship until he actually did it. The whole knock on MJ was that a player leading the league in scoring would never win a ring. Basically his winning a ring was dismissed. Lebron was expected to win a ring and criticized for making that happen.

I brought up Hakeem because you seem to think Jordan not making his high school varsity team is part of the reason why people view Jordan as the greatest, when in fact Hakeem wasn't even playing basketball around that age (and Hakeem was 6"10). Most people don't even know Jordan got cut in high school.

So Jordan was a better scorer, right? And what's the most important part of the game??

When did anyone criticize Lebron for winning a championship? Maybe people criticized the bitchass way he had to win one, but over all he's gotten much love for winning.

Hakeem not playing basketball is not the same as MJ trying to play and getting cut. There is no struggle for Hakeem until he gets to the states and you dont even see or hear about any of that. Not the same and a very weak comparison. :lol:

MJ's primary job was to score. Lebrons primary job is to score, defend, and facilitate. I would say Lebrons job is more impressive since basketball encompasses all of those things not just scoring. If you cant stop the other team it doesn't matter how much you score which MJ found out the hard way since he never made it to the Finals simply scoring. The most important part of the game is stopping the other team from scoring. Did you not see what the Spurs did to Miami?

I noticed quite a few people claiming Lebrons first ring was an asterick and others claiming Ray Allen won him the 2nd ring. Combine that with people whining about how he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and he has gotten a lot of hate and very little love despite ESPN trying to market him.

I say the top 10 goes:
(1) MJ: Yes he has Pippen and Rodman (at least for the last 3), but he did more with less than anyone against top competition).
(2) Kobe: Closest to MJ the game has ever seen.
(3) LBJ: They lost this year. I will admit of they had won I would have leaped him over Kobe. The King needs to win at least 4 championships to be in the better than MJ discussion.
(4) Magic: could play every position on the court to Allstate level.
(5) Cream: Had a shot no one could blocker. Games leading scorer.
(6) Duncan: Second best big man in game history. I was close to considering him the 1st.
(7) Shaq: Most dominate player in the games history.
(8) Big O: Averaged a triple double!
(9) Wilt: averaged 50 a game in a season.
(10) Bird: clutch, smart and one of the most accurate shooters in game history.

Honorable mentions to Hakeem, the Mailman, Russell, KG, West and Dirk!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I say the top 10 goes:
(1) MJ: Yes he has Pippen and Rodman (at least for the last 3), but he did more with less than anyone against top competition).
(2) Kobe: Closest to MJ the game has ever seen.
(3) LBJ: They lost this year. I will admit of they had won I would have leaped him over Kobe. The King needs to win at least 4 championships to be in the better than MJ discussion.
(4) Magic: could play every position on the court to Allstate level.
(5) Cream: Had a shot no one could blocker. Games leading scorer.
(6) Duncan: Second best big man in game history. I was close to considering him the 1st.
(7) Shaq: Most dominate player in the games history.
(8) Big O: Averaged a triple double!
(9) Wilt: averaged 50 a game in a season.
(10) Bird: clutch, smart and one of the most accurate shooters in game history.

Honorable mentions to Hakeem, the Mailman, Russell, KG, West and Dirk!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Your basketball card has been revoked for several grievous infractions.

1. MJ did more with less? He had Pippen who was a superstar in his own right, HOFer, and member of the 50 greatest to ever play the game.

2. Kobe is only close to MJ in style of play. 2 is way too high for basically a luckier healthier, Tracy Mcgrady..

3. Cream? Really? If you cant get the guys name right you should cease speaking about him.

Beat it.

Jordan is the goat. He had the athletic ability, talent & most of all the biggest will to win.

Jordan's will to win is what separates him from the rest. Not that others didn't have the will, but they just couldn't turn that will into victory whenever they had to; Jordan could, and most importantly, did.

Forum List

Back