Leftist Condemns Catholic School For Barring Boys Wrestling Girls

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why do we have to put up with liberals?

In today's society everyone is created equal, and males and females deserve the same opportunities.

According to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg and Bishop Ronald Gainer, that isn't the case. At least that is the perception.

WITF reported Tuesday that an automatic forfeit will result if a male from a Catholic school in the Harrisburg area is scheduled to wrestle a female. The report also stated that no matter what school the female is from, the male would have to take the loss.

In a news conference Tuesday evening, Gainer explained the doctrine.

"We would in our Catholic school try to teach and model respect between the two sexes and appropriate relationship," Gainer said. "This sort of physical contact seems to violate the moral standards.

"I would say it would be scripture. My only thought is it would be the appropriate respect between the sexes for one another. It may be our Catholic interpretation, but we would find it rooted in God's word."

This is archaic.

I'm trying to understand the moral side of this issue. You have high school girls and boys going through puberty — discovering their bodies and the feelings that go along with it — participating in a highly physical sport.​

Why do we have to put up with liberals?

In today's society everyone is created equal, and males and females deserve the same opportunities.

According to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg and Bishop Ronald Gainer, that isn't the case. At least that is the perception.

WITF reported Tuesday that an automatic forfeit will result if a male from a Catholic school in the Harrisburg area is scheduled to wrestle a female. The report also stated that no matter what school the female is from, the male would have to take the loss.

In a news conference Tuesday evening, Gainer explained the doctrine.

"We would in our Catholic school try to teach and model respect between the two sexes and appropriate relationship," Gainer said. "This sort of physical contact seems to violate the moral standards.

"I would say it would be scripture. My only thought is it would be the appropriate respect between the sexes for one another. It may be our Catholic interpretation, but we would find it rooted in God's word."

This is archaic.

I'm trying to understand the moral side of this issue. You have high school girls and boys going through puberty — discovering their bodies and the feelings that go along with it — participating in a highly physical sport.​

are the priests mad because they cannot have the little boys to themselves?

I don't care if she's Xena: Warrior Princess, boys and girls shouldn't compete against each other in physical contact sports. Other sports sure. But not wrestling, football, etc.

There are no longer any safe spaces for boys. We really need boys to start trying out for girl teams in every sport and to such a degree that they crowd out the girls completely. Make this an issue of principle.

The boy who can't cut it on the boy track teams tries out for the girls track team. And so on.

"Leftist Condemns Catholic School For Barring Boys Wrestling Girls"

This is a lie.

There's nothing in the article identifying its author as a 'leftist.'

“Why do we have to put up with liberals?”

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

In addition to not being identified as a 'leftist' or 'liberal,' the article's author is expressing only his opinion, where he is in no way 'representative' of any particular group of persons.

That the OP is a liar, of course, comes as no surprise.

Forum List

Back