Leftist fanatic Bill Maher may leave California - because of high taxes!

"Restrictions for thee, but not for me!"

It's always funny to see liberals react when they find out they have to pay the high taxes they keep trying to impose on others, too.

--------------------------------------------------

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me'

By Noel Sheppard | March 16, 2013 | 11:36

Bill Maher made a comment Friday that his benefactor and hero Barack Obama should sit up and take notice of.

Speaking about the taxes the rich pay particularly in California, the host of HBO's Real Time said, "Liberals - you could actually lose me" (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

The panel discussion began with a conversation about the various budget proposals currently on the table in Washington.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow predictably slammed Congressman Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) plan.

"The Ryan budget is a document that says the big problems in America right now are that rich people do not have enough money," she mocked. "They need relief from confiscatory tax rates."

"Well," Maher unsuccessfully tried to interrupt as Maddow continued. When she was finally done, he surprisingly pushed back.

Pointing at Virginia's former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, "You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

So it appears there is a point where Maher's money becomes more important than his politics.

Consider that in California, millionaires on top of the 39.6 percent they'll pay to the federal government in 2013, there's an additional 14.63 percent that now goes to the state.

Add in payroll taxes, local taxes, and property taxes, and I've seen estimates that the total tax bite could exceed 60 percent here.

But the rich aren't paying their "fair share."

Regardless, it sure was nice to see a liberal - especially one that contributed to Obama's reelection campaign! - complaining about his taxes.

Rachel Maddow, a rich woman by everyday earner's standards, is as big a hypocrite as the rest of the limousine liberals in this country. Fuck 'em!

Republicans think you can run a country without taxes. Yea, let's look at countries that pay no taxes and how well they are doing. Let's start with....

This is typical of the hysterical ranting liberals resort to, when confronted with the contradictions and hypocrisy of their positions. :cuckoo:

It's a typical all or nothing straw man argument. It's straight out of the liberal play book.

I'm surprised everyone hasn't moved out of Cali by now.

Me too since republicans keep telling us that People will uproot their entire lives to avoid high taxes....but, it isn't or hasn't happened.

Actually, it has, over several years. There has been a mass migration of people from higher taxed states in the northeast, upper midwest, and California, to lower taxed states in the south, southwest, and Rockies.

and it is still going on.....when i was delivering mail a hell of a lot of the people retiring were putting in change of address orders for other States.....unless you are well off its tough to be a retiree here.....

Forum List

Back