🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Leftist Masks Are Coming Off to Expose Their Fascist Nature

The king (régime in control) is the center.
To his right are his supporters.
To his left are those who seek a liberalization of central control.
Spin that as desired.

This government crackdown on human rights the last two months has emboldened the Left. Exhibit 2,538 from the Leftard Atlantic:

“In the great debate of the past two decades about freedom versus control of the network, China was largely right and the United States was largely wrong. Significant monitoring and speech control are inevitable components of a mature and flourishing internet, and governments must play a large role in these practices to ensure that the internet is compatible with a society’s norms and values.”

And your solution would be what?

The thing is, a lot of misinformation gets spread on the internet.

It used to be that when information was disseminated by Newspapers or TV Stations, those people had an obligation to get it right, because they had a lot to lose if they got it wrong in terms of libel lawsuits or lost credibility.

Now any twit with a twitter feed can go out and claim drinking bleach cures Coronavirus, and they are taken seriously by too many people.

That's right.

And when you regulate it....the regulators get to decide what disinformation gets out and what doesn't.

IT'S ALL STILL DISINFORMATION.

WAKE UP ASSHOLE

That's a funny thing about @JoeB131 types.

They are delighted to advocate all sorts of censorship and suppression, but they do so assuming that the power to engage in such censorship and suppression will always be in the hands of those who agree with them about who should be suppressed and censored. The idea that that power, if established, might ever fall into the hands of those with whom they disagree, and end up being used against those advocating these powers, is something that they seem incapable of grasping.

This can clearly be seen in @JoeB131's non-responsiveness to questions about Trump having this power. I think that @JoeB131, in advocating for this power, truly cannot comprehend the idea that it will beheld or exercised by anyone hot on the extreme left wrong.

Again, with Trump in charge, censorship is the least of my worries. The thing about censoring the internet is that we would censor shit that just isn't true, like anything that comes out of Alex Jones' piehole.

Now, I would be gleeful when your sick-ass cult is suppressed. Can't wait for that day.

That's right.

And when you regulate it....the regulators get to decide what disinformation gets out and what doesn't.

IT'S ALL STILL DISINFORMATION.

WAKE UP ASSHOLE

Go back and read what I said. The problem with your position is that establishment media has an obligation to get it right, because the costs of getting it wrong are too high- Liability, lost of credibility, etc.

There are no such burdens on the guy who gets on Facebook and spreads a bullshit story about Trump or Biden. Worse they can do to him is cancel his Facebook account, where he just gets another.

Forum List

Back