Leftist nut George Clooney says

Just like to thank everyone for the show. It would be wrong to judge all Austrians as loons though. Let me present Austria's contribution to the world of rock.

You Communist Welsh idiot, Wales has NO culture whatsoever, why don't you go and shag sheep and pick daffodils. Wales must be on lowest rung on every ladder available.

Having no Culture or sophistication whatsoever WTF do you know about anything.

A partial list of Austrian Classical Composers, this only PARTIAL list.

Alban Berg
Joseph Haydn
Anton Bruckner
Johann Georg Albrechtsberger
Leopold Hofmann
Gustav Mahler
Leopold Mozart (father of)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart (son of)
Karl Georg Reutter
Franz Schmidt
Arnold Schönberg
Anton Webern
Franz Schubert
Georg Christoph Wagenseil
Johann Strauß I
Eduard Strauß
Johann Strauß II
Johann Strauß III
Josef Strauß
Franz Xaver Süssmayr
Theodor Berger
Georg Friedrich Haas
Carl Ditters von Dittersdorf
Michael Haydn (father of)

You have giant mistake.

The quantity does not count, but the quality dominates.

For example : Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents The Music of Karl Jenkins in Review Karl Jenkins | New York Concert Review, Inc.

"The concert opened with the cantata, The Bards of Wales. What could be more natural for a Welsh composer than to use as a text than a poem entitled “The Bards of Wales”? Interestingly enough, this poem was not written by a Welshman, but by the Hungarian poet Janós Arany (1817-1882). Asked to write a poem of praise for the occasion of a visit to Budapest by Emperor Franz Joseph (only eight years after the Hapsburg empire crushed Hungary’s War of Independence), Arany chose to compose a ballad based on the ancient Welsh legend of how King Edward I of England had 500 Welsh bards executed for failing to sing his praises at a banquet in 1277. The message was unmistakable: the truth must be told, at whatever sacrifice. The Bards of Wales is a nine-movement work scored for orchestra, chorus, and tenor, baritone, bass-baritone, and mezzo-soprano soloists that can be sung in Hungarian, Welsh, or English. On this occasion, the English version, as translated by Peter Zollman (1931-2013), was used. Tenor Rhys Meirion was cast as King Edward I. Baritone Darik Knutsen had a double role as a minstrel and bard, while bass-baritone Samuel Smith and mezzo-soprano Charlotte Daw Paulsen also took roles as bards.

What strikes the experienced Jenkins listener as singular about The Bards of Wales is the complete absence of any of the multi-ethnic influences that Karl Jenkins is so well known for using in his works (answering any naysayers who carp about so-called multicultural “gimmicks” for effect). The sound is uniquely his own, and I would easily know this is a Jenkins work without being told. That is not to say that there is anything formulaic in it, as only fragments resembled earlier compositions (the movement “His Men went forth” resembling a hybrid of material from L’homme Armé or Charge! movements of The Armed Man)."

(English)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back