Leftist Shock Doctrine

The conservatives of the past would be called , based on what they did then, screaming liberals by the crop of today's conservatives.

Look at what NiXXon did while in office.

He passed some the most progressive politicies we have into law.

When did Nixon become the poster child for conservatism? Damned near the only conservative thing about the man was his staunch opposition to Soviet/communist spying in the US early in his career. In all other things he was, at best, a moderate.
Ed wants to rewrite history

Editec knows his history. Hell, he lived though enough of it.

Do you?

Apparently no.

Do you?

Apparently no.
yes, asshole, i know history
its YOU that doesnt

btw, you arent the only one that LIVED through it
so stop with your bullshit

Last edited:

Do you?

Apparently no.
its YOU that doesnt

If you have a point germane to the issue, by all means do try to make it.

I suggested that much of what Nixxon did, would, by the standards of today's clueless conservative crowd, make him a screaming liberal.

You disagree?

Okay, the Clean Air act. Nixon.

Wage and price controls, Nixon.

Do they sound like something today's so-called conservatives would approve of?

You see, DiveCon, the way one debates is that someone posit as hypothesis.

The way to debate that isn't merely to suggest that the person who posited that hypothoses doesn't knpw what he's talking about, but to support your refuation with facts or logic.

Try it in this case, if you dare.

Otherwise, don't waste your time trying to engage me in a mindless bout of name calling.

Put up or shut the fuck up.

I grow weary of nincompoopism like yours.

Last edited:

Do you?

Apparently no.
its YOU that doesnt

I suggested that much of what Nixxon did, would, by the standards of today's clueless conservative crowd, make him a screaming liberal.

You disagree?

The way to debate that isn't merely to suggest that the person who posited that hypothoses doesn't knpw what he's talking about, but to support your refuation with facts or logic.

Otherwise, don't waste your time trying to engage me in a mindless bout of name calling.

no, i disagree that there has been a change in conservative values
Nixon was NEVER seen as conservative, EVER

and everyone is sick of your condescending bullshit

its YOU that doesnt

You disagree?

who was more conservative? JFK or nixon?

if you have a point germane to the issue, by all means do try to make it.

I suggested that much of what nixxon did, would, by the standards of today's clueless conservative crowd, make him a screaming liberal.

You disagree?

Okay, the clean air act. Nixon.

Wage and price controls, nixon.

You see, divecon, the way one debates is that someone posit as hypothesis.

nixon was never seen as conservative, ever

who was more conservative? Jfk or nixon?
jfk

Do you?

Apparently no.
its YOU that doesnt

You disagree?

he also created the EPA. That alone would have excluded him from consideration by today's republican party.

its YOU that doesnt

You disagree?

:lol: You're a friggin moron...seriously.

I love how the right disowns thier own in hindsight. Nixon was a dick but he was actually a conservative. Probably the only half-way decent one of the last century.

"The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new." Samuel Beckett

Sometimes when I have a few minutes, I log back on to check the thread entries to see if there is something new and unusual being discussed. But what do you find but the same old same old, school children, no, you are, no, you are. (I am guilty too.) Does this mean we have a bifurcated world and will always have one? Who made this world? And why do we go along. In the end though there are consequences to ideas but right now I am tired but still wondering. Good night all.

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." Richard Feynman

The misconception that Conservatives are against any change or advancement.... more liberal sloganeering based on an absolute fallacy

and liberals are responsible for every advancement in society... LMFAO....

I'll give rightwingers props for making a bunch of noise about a flat tax, and introducing creation science to public schools.

but, generally speaking, rightwingers were nowhere to be found in the women's sufferage movement, the labor movement, civil rights movement, the environmental movement, or the gay rights movement. And the rightwing has a long and sordid history of standing in the way of scientific advancement.

Sorry, the rightwing is little more than a historical speed bump that delays human progress

Really? That's HYSTERICAL... Charleton Heston walked arm in arm with The good Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King... Last I heard he qualified as a "Right Winger'

Ronald Reagan was national leader of the Labor Rights movement... It would be very interesting to see someone categorize Reagan as anything short of a HARD CORE RIGHT WINGER...

The simple fact is that Right wingers WERE suffrage, civil rights and the labor movement. We were the ones advocating that EACH be recognized on the BED-ROCK PRINCIPLES of Inalienable HUMAN RIGHTS; stating that with one's rights come responsibility and that where one bears the burden of the responsibility, one's rights cannot not be denied; that they MUST be acknowledged and that Right and Responsibility are INSEPERABLE.

Human rights, valid, true, just Rights; SUSTAINABLE, INALIENABLE, INCONTROVERTIBLE RIGHTS, are the purest essence of the Ideological Right; the bed-rock on which the right rests and are inseparable FROM THE RIGHT.

The Right wing understands at present, as it understood AT EVERY MOMENT WHERE IN HUMAN HISTORY WHERE SUFFRAGE HAS BEEN AT ISSUE, it has been at issue because of those who have recognized the divine endowment of our human rights EXISTS; and in it's existance, it provides the authority which prevents ANY human from being held down; from being held under and from being held behind... and the movements which provided for the woman, minority, the worker and the AMERICAN in GENERAL to exercise their Rights were and ARE a result of people who innately understood that THEY HAD THOSE RIGHTS... and they stood up and got out to DEFEND THOSE RIGHTS, for themselves and for their neighbor.

The distinction is those noted above fought for REAL RIGHTS... not the false rights, which inevitably begin and end at the bottom of someone elses POCKET... They fought for EQUALITY OF OPPRTUNITY... not the abject ABSURDITY OF EQUAL OUTCOME...

The ideological Left rejects the Responsibilties inherent in Human Rights. Ignorant of the simple immutable, incontrovertible FACT that where the RESPONSIBILITY IS REJECTED THE MEANS TO EXERCISE THE RIGHT CANNOT BE SUSTAINED.

The Ideological Left did not EMPOWER those INDIVIDUALS, as the Ideological Left seeks to empower the COLLECTIVE and they DO SO BY EMPOWERING GOVERMENT< BY UNDERMINING THE PROTECTIONS WHICH FREE THE INDIVIDUAL TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS... because the left erroneously believes that the GOVERNMENT IS THE COLLECTIVE; thus the left surrenders their Rights to the govervment... on the false premise that government HAS RIGHTS, thus government can give Rights.

Government doesn't have any Rights... it doesn't need any Rights... The government HAS POWER! And there is no greater threat to an individual's means to exercise their Rights, than the power of Government; and THAT is why the US Constitution's SOLE PURPOSE is to LIMIT THE SCOPE OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO USE ITS POWER TO LIMIT THE MEANS OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO EXERCISE THEIR INALIENABLE RIGHTS...

At every single point, without exception, where the means of the US Citizen to exercise their inalienable rights has been infringed, the Ideological Left is DIRECTLY RESONSIBLE FOR SUCH... There is NOT A SINGLE INSTANCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES WHERE A RIGHT-WING POLICY HAS INFRINGED HUMAN RIGHTS...

anyone wanna decipher through the crap and tell me what PI said? I'm too lazy tonight.

You disagree?

I love how the right disowns thier own in hindsight. Nixon was a dick but he was actually a conservative. Probably the only half-way decent one of the last century.
no, ravi, its YOU that is the moron
Nixon was never a conservative
he was a moderate

Conservatives by definition are moderate. They conserve. They aren't right wing nut jobs, they aren't libertarians. :lol:

its YOU that doesnt

You disagree?

You're exactly right Dive... Nixon was many things; CONSERVATIVE was never one of them... Ed is trying to pass off another Blue-blood Republican, as a Conservative.

But I must respectfully disagree on the Conservative Values thing... The values of the GOP HAVE changed as the steering leadership of the GOP has shifted from the Nixonian blue-blood aristocracy, to the Red-blooded American CONSERVATIVE... The only true distinction of the Blue-blood GOP and the ideological left... is the BB GOP wears a more expensive suit and owns their own Jets... while the ideological left buys off the rack and flies government Jets.

However, "Conservative Values" remain today what they were at the time of Abe Lincoln and they are the same values that are represented in the bed-rock principles on which America was founded.

You disagree?

You're exactly right Dive... Nixon was many things; CONSERVATIVE was never one of them... Ed is trying to pass off another Blue-blood Republican, as a Conservative.

But I must respectfully disagree on the Conservative Values thing... The values of the GOP HAVE changed as the steering leadership of the GOP has shifted from the Nixonian blue-blood aristocracy, to the Red-blooded American CONSERVATIVE... The only true distinction of the Blue-blood GOP and the ideological left... is the BB GOP wears a more expensive suit and owns their own Jets... while the ideological left buys off the rack and flies government Jets.

However, "Conservative Values" remain today what they were at the time of Abe Lincoln and they are the same values that are represented in the bed-rock principles on which America was founded.
exactly, republican values have clearly changed
conservative values have not

its YOU that doesnt

You disagree?

he also created the EPA. That alone would have excluded him from consideration by today's republican party.

Oh Bullshit...

We fought Nixon on his social policy then, as we would fight him now... and given the choice of Humprey or Nixon again, we'd vote for Nixon again; Just as we voted for McCain, given the singular alternative of Hussein.

Put it this way, Zell Miller is to the Left, what Nixon is to the Right...

You disagree?

With a leftist ascending to Nixon's defense, proclaiming him "half way decent"... the People Rest on Nixon's potential conservatism...

Nixon was, like McCain is... a political fascists... He doesn't understand human rights, he rejects the inherent responsibilities of our inalienable rights and seeks to fund the future leftist social policy failures through the tapping of the capitalist engine. Nixon was one of the great "THIRD WAY(ers)"... he was always talking about the vaunted compromise of the Middle alternative, as did Clinton, as does McCain... Nothing remotely Conservative about that... The ONLY THING that makes these people SEEM conservative is their NATIONALISM... they have a pride in the US and they seek to defend her. This is what separates them, from the Socialist left.

Conservatives by definition are moderate. They conserve. They aren't right wing nut jobs, they aren't libertarians. :lol:

False... Conservatives are by Definition: Americans. Conservatives stand on NOTHING BUT THE BED-ROCK PRINCIPLE OF THE AMERICAN FOUNDING and principle doesn't BEND... Principle doesn't compromise... Principle doesn't concede to the whimsy of popular opinion. And as such, neither do AMERICANS!

Forum List

Back