Leftist terrorists attacked Elon Musk's family in Los Angeles on Tuesday

Banning posters expressing constitutionally protected free speech is an assault on the first amendment.
Didn't you get the memo? The 1st only applies to the government. For example, when the FBI "coordinates" with a private social media company to suppress speech inconvenient to the current administration, that's an attempt to circumvent the 1st, an assault on it, if you will. If Congress, OTOH, were to mandate that government approved fact checkers have review every post on Twitter before it's released, that would be an outright violation of the 1st.

Musk banning posters for violating the TOS is no more an assault on the 1st than it was when the previous owners did it.

Didn't you get the memo? The 1st only applies to the government. For example, when the FBI "coordinates" with a private social media company to suppress speech inconvenient to the current administration, that's an attempt to circumvent the 1st, an assault on it, if you will. If Congress, OTOH, were to mandate that government approved fact checkers have review every post on Twitter before it's released, that would be an outright violation of the 1st.

Musk banning posters for violating the TOS is no more an assault on the 1st than it was when the previous owners did it.
Musk claimed to be a free speech absolutist and that no constitutionally protected speech would be removed from Twitter.

Then he changed the TOS to do just that.

Didn’t you get the memo?

Ooops...

"Police said a member of Elon Musk's security team is a suspect — not a victim — in what Musk alleged was a 'crazy stalker' incident"

You know what....maybe this security guard and Elon were having a gay relationship and they cooked up this stalker story to "own the libs"

Ooops...

"Police said a member of Elon Musk's security team is a suspect — not a victim — in what Musk alleged was a 'crazy stalker' incident"

You know what....maybe this security guard and Elon were having a gay relationship and they cooked up this stalker story to "own the libs"
It’s nuts. It’s like making false narratives just come naturally to some of these guys.

Musk claimed to be a free speech absolutist and that no constitutionally protected speech would be removed from Twitter.

Then he changed the TOS to do just that.

Didn’t you get the memo?
Yeah, he owns a private company that can set their TOS to whatever they want to, and can change his mind about what he wants in their. I know it's tough for you guys to understand, but Twitter has been censoring viewpoints for a long time now. Why do you all of a sudden have a problem with that happening?

Ooops...

There was no hammer involved....

Yeah, he owns a private company that can set their TOS to whatever they want to, and can change his mind about what he wants in their. I know it's tough for you guys to understand, but Twitter has been censoring viewpoints for a long time now do you all of a sudden have a problem with that happening?
I don’t fail to understand anything.

Musk and the right wing writ large is and always has been completely full of shit when they talk about this issue.

As long as we agree on that point, there’s no issue.

I don’t fail to understand anything.

Musk and the right wing writ large is and always has been completely full of shit when they talk about this issue.

As long as we agree on that point, there’s no issue.
Here's the bottom line. I haven't paid individual attention to what you've said about Twitter, but by and large the left has been peachy keen with Twitter censoring tweets and banning twits, and (terribly coincidentally, LOL), that censoring and banning has been beneficial to democrats. Now, since Twitter has changed owners and the new guy has changed the rules, they're all upset about it. What hasn't changed is that Twitter is censoring tweets and banning twits based on what employees think about them. It's the same game, but what the team that used to have the ball is mad because the other team took control of the ball and is advancing up the field.

Here's the bottom line. I haven't paid individual attention to what you've said about Twitter, but by and large the left has been peachy keen with Twitter censoring tweets and banning twits, and (terribly coincidentally, LOL), that censoring and banning has been beneficial to democrats. Now, since Twitter has changed owners and the new guy has changed the rules, they're all upset about it. What hasn't changed is that Twitter is censoring tweets and banning twits based on what employees think about them. It's the same game, but what the team that used to have the ball is mad because the other team took control of the ball and is advancing up the field.
I’m not saying that Musk cannot do what he’s doing.

I’m saying what he’s doing proves he’s full of shit because he is directly contradicting what he said he would do.

If it sounds like I’m upset, it’s only because no one on the right wing admits this.

I’m not saying that Musk cannot do what he’s doing.

I’m saying what he’s doing proves he’s full of shit because he is directly contradicting what he said he would do.

If it sounds like I’m upset, it’s only because no one on the right wing admits this.
I see people changing their minds an awful lot once they get what they say they wanted. You could probably not name more than a handful of politicians, for example, that have not done it in spades. Business leaders often do it, too, and if we're going to be outraged every time one of them does, we're never going to be happy about anything.

I see people changing their minds an awful lot once they get what they say they wanted. You could probably not name more than a handful of politicians, for example, that have not done it in spades. Business leaders often do it, too, and if we're going to be outraged every time one of them does, we're never going to be happy about anything.
We all knew that Musk couldn’t operate Twitter the way he claimed and said so.

Time to admit we were right and the right wingers egging on Musk were wrong.

Not so. Many were tired of the dominant communication platform blatantly weighing the scales in favor of Quid Pro and his squad and don't care how it gets changed. Musk is the guy taking the risk, and he could still end up better off than when he started. In the meantime, it's enjoyable watching the left go berserk with their hate and vitriol. Accommodating and tolerant, my big ol' butt, they're not.

Not so. Many were tired of the dominant communication platform blatantly weighing the scales in favor of Quid Pro and his squad and don't care how it gets changed. Musk is the guy taking the risk, and he could still end up better off than when he started. In the meantime, it's enjoyable watching the left go berserk with their hate and vitriol. Accommodating and tolerant, my big ol' butt, they're not.
It’s been fun watching Musk prove us all right and see his fragile little mind lash out at people who criticize him.

And a little sad for him. Musk has so much potential but clearly a social media platform is well beyond his skill set.

It’s been fun watching Musk prove us all right and see his fragile little mind lash out at people who criticize him.

And a little sad for him. Musk has so much potential but clearly a social media platform is well beyond his skill set.
Meanwhile conservatives have a large playground where they are not systematically and purposely censored. Go ahead, comfort each other about Musk, it's all you have in this deal.

Meanwhile conservatives have a large playground where they are not systematically and purposely censored. Go ahead, comfort each other about Musk, it's all you have in this deal.
The conservatives you complain about being censored were violating TOS, which to you is adequate justification. The complaint that conservatives were being targeted falls flat when the reality is that conservatives just break the rules more.

Musk has taken to rewriting the TOS for purely personal reasons.

But he’s also shadow banning people who personally annoyed him.

For his own sanity, Musk needs to resign ASAP.

Ooops...

weird article....clearly dembot propaganda....when you actually click their link...it doesn't match the headline at all.....but I suppose dembot propgandist know folks like yourself won't do that...

Here's the polcie report it links:

It’s a police blotter of the first call, it doesn’t show what happened after and doesn’t at all disprove what happened after they spoke to Musk team

Musk is the Thomas Edison of our time. He used to actually support dems…but you all jumped the shark and went totally demafasict losing him, two senators, and a lot of americans

The conservatives you complain about being censored were violating TOS, which to you is adequate justification. The complaint that conservatives were being targeted falls flat when the reality is that conservatives just break the rules more.

Musk has taken to rewriting the TOS for purely personal reasons.

But he’s also shadow banning people who personally annoyed him.

For his own sanity, Musk needs to resign ASAP.
sorry they weren’t violating anything but what Wray and Xiden’s fbi told them they were violating.

the prior folks running twitter destroy the company as they engaged in a unholy relationship with demafasict

Forum List

Back