Leftists: Still Down for De-funding and Dismantling the Police?

Who is demanding there should be more police? The argument was concerning how those responsible for protecting the Capital could have been so clueless.
Few cities have vilified their law enforcement agencies more than D.C. has. After “peaceful protesters” burnt the city down and assaulted officers the Mayor rewarded BLM with their own plaza, had “BLM” painted all over the streets and cut police funding by $15M.
Like in all disgusting blue shitholes, the tail wags the dog in D.C....Are you, a seemingly intelligent person really surprised that D.C. police hate their job and their bosses?

The thread is asking whether not people are changing their minds. I hate when people start things just to rant. No one is changing their minds.

Actually the OP pokes fun of the ignorant fools begging for defunding while also begging for better policing but you already knew that.

Wanting police reform does not mean you don't support people to protect the Capital.
Hahaha...awww, I see.
So you’ve morphed “defunding” into “reforming” because you realized how terrible the optics were?
Are the rest of your people fully aware of your personal repackaging?

Reforming will be defunding certain aspects. Such as the military equipment.
I’ll play along...
People probably far more intelligent than us and privy to far more data and intel than us have decided that some law enforcement agencies need military grade equipment for whatever the reason....Are you thinking you know more than they do about what they may need?

I'm against militarizing the police. Period.

So you're against riot gear?

defund ~ prevent from continuing to receive funds.

Now that the Right has finally, finally started to fight back, yeah ---- let's defund the police. I can see real potential for our side with that, after Wednesday.

Police support from right may be eroding after the response to Hill mob

Win-win.

Well, when they open our borders and your daughter is being raped by one of our new residents, who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?

You want me to follow you off the cliff? No thanks.

No cliff involved.
You have defunded the police. The ones left are going to resign. Your daughter is being raped. Who are you going to call or will you just allow it?

I'm not interested in your fantasies.

You can't answer the question and still save face...

Because it's your fairy tale, not reality.

No, I don't know how Little Red Riding hood didn't recognize her grandmother as a wolf either.

Gram's big teeth would be a tip off. It isn't a fairy tale that cops are becoming scarce. (Google, for a reality check). Defunding means unprotected. Why would you want that for your daughter?

If there was anything to google you would have provided it.

Google? :laughing0301:

I can't google your fantasies. (not that I would want to)

Who is demanding there should be more police? The argument was concerning how those responsible for protecting the Capital could have been so clueless.
Few cities have vilified their law enforcement agencies more than D.C. has. After “peaceful protesters” burnt the city down and assaulted officers the Mayor rewarded BLM with their own plaza, had “BLM” painted all over the streets and cut police funding by $15M.
Like in all disgusting blue shitholes, the tail wags the dog in D.C....Are you, a seemingly intelligent person really surprised that D.C. police hate their job and their bosses?

The thread is asking whether not people are changing their minds. I hate when people start things just to rant. No one is changing their minds.

Actually the OP pokes fun of the ignorant fools begging for defunding while also begging for better policing but you already knew that.

Wanting police reform does not mean you don't support people to protect the Capital.
Hahaha...awww, I see.
So you’ve morphed “defunding” into “reforming” because you realized how terrible the optics were?

I’ll play along...
People probably far more intelligent than us and privy to far more data and intel than us have decided that some law enforcement agencies need military grade equipment for whatever the reason....Are you thinking you know more than they do about what they may need?

I'm against militarizing the police. Period.

So you're against riot gear?

A vast generalization. That can mean many things.

Providing police with military gear does not reduce crime or protect officers: Studies

I'll help you:

Atlanta police said in a statement eight officers have resigned from the department this month. "Our personnel data indicates that we have had anywhere from two to six officers resign per month in 2020," Atlanta police said in a statement.

^ per month! What about that seems like a good idea for you?

So eight officers resigned in Atlanta and that means the borders are open and there is going to be mass crime.

WTF? Did you read the whole post?

I'll help you:

Atlanta police said in a statement eight officers have resigned from the department this month. "Our personnel data indicates that we have had anywhere from two to six officers resign per month in 2020," Atlanta police said in a statement.

So eight officers resigned in Atlanta and that means the borders are open and there is going to be mass crime.

You missed the "PER MONTH" part.
Take away the borders. Take away ICE. Take away the cops. Open the prison doors. What do you get? A jungle. Then what?

defund ~ prevent from continuing to receive funds.

Now that the Right has finally, finally started to fight back, yeah ---- let's defund the police. I can see real potential for our side with that, after Wednesday.

Police support from right may be eroding after the response to Hill mob

Win-win.

Well, when they open our borders and your daughter is being raped by one of our new residents, who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?

You want me to follow you off the cliff? No thanks.

No cliff involved.
You have defunded the police. The ones left are going to resign. Your daughter is being raped. Who are you going to call or will you just allow it?

I'm not interested in your fantasies.

You can't answer the question and still save face...

Because it's your fairy tale, not reality.

No, I don't know how Little Red Riding hood didn't recognize her grandmother as a wolf either.

Gram's big teeth would be a tip off. It isn't a fairy tale that cops are becoming scarce. (Google, for a reality check). Defunding means unprotected. Why would you want that for your daughter?

If there was anything to google you would have provided it.

Google? :laughing0301:

I can't google your fantasies. (not that I would want to)

What kind of ignorant response is this?
Google sucks!!

Honest question. It was the blaring demand by the left during most of 2020. Now, these same people are demanding that there should have been more police.

Quite ironic. So which is it? Would social workers on the front lines have been able to stop this violence?

The left is not as united as you think. Many support reform not literal defund.

I'll help you:

It does nothing to back up your fantasies.

Honest question. It was the blaring demand by the left during most of 2020. Now, these same people are demanding that there should have been more police.

Quite ironic. So which is it? Would social workers on the front lines have been able to stop this violence?
More rightwing ignorance – likely willful.

No one advocates for a ‘reduction’ in the number of sworn officers.

‘Defunding’ does not mean to take funds away from law enforcement, that notion is a lie.

It means to invest in programs and policies that address such issues as homelessness and mental illness. By doing so sworn offices will be better able to focus on addressing actual crime and not become involved with dealing with citizens who are homeless or mentally ill.

Sworn officers have neither the training nor background to deal with those mentally ill or homeless.
"Defunding does not mean to take funds away from law enforcement, that notion is a lie." Defunding does EXACTLY that! It's taking away funds from law enforcement! When New York City defunded it's Police force it took one billion dollars out of their budget! They didn't invest that money in other programs or policies! They punished the Police for doing their jobs!

I'll help you:

You missed the "PER MONTH" part.
Take away the borders. Take away ICE. Take away the cops. Open the prison doors. What do you get? A jungle. Then what?

Fantasies on your part. Please, I am NOT interested.

I'll help you:

You're the one who didnt read the whole post.

I'll help you:

It matters none. Your argument boils down to that if you support police reform you support open borders and people coming across the border raping your daughter.

THis is simply something made up in your racist mind.

Okay. I live in Alaska.
  1. We have FBI, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, military police and various other U.S. federal law enforcement of varying degrees of generality or specialization of jurisdiction.
  2. Alaska State Troopers have pretty much arbitrary jurisdiction everywhere over everything in the state.
  3. Most of the state (by population if not area) is incorporated into “boroughs” -- more or less equivalent to counties or parishes or even “cantons” in other states or countries. Each borough has a mayor, a departmental budget, and a borough police department.
  4. Every city, municipality, and village has its own police department as well.
So four distinct levels of law enforcement are cracking down hard on us simultaneously at any given time or place. We don't want them all talking to each other, and we don't want them to be all that familiar with every detail of our lives 24×7.

There are “too many” cops at all levels of authority, and they are not all friendly to citizen/subjects

I'll help you:

It matters none. Your argument boils down to that if you support police reform you support open borders and people coming across the border raping your daughter.

I'm curious PK...you support "Police reform"? What exactly does that encompass and how do you think defunding the Police will help that in any way?

I'll help you:

I'm curious PK...you support "Police reform"? What exactly does that encompass and how do you think defunding the Police will help that in any way?

I've answered this 500 times. It's been discussed more times than that. I just discussed "defunding" and how it should be done in one manner but here you are asking again. Why not read the thread?

I'll help you:

I've answered this 500 times. It's been discussed more times than that. I just discussed "defunding" and how it should be done in one manner but here you are asking again. Why not read the thread?
OK...I just went back and reread the string thinking I missed your explanation of how defunding should be done and the only thing you mentioned was not having the Police spend money on military equipment. I think if you'll check you'll find that the vast majority of "military" equipment that the Police have received have been given to them free of charge by the Federal Government! I'm a bit confused on how you "defund" something that's already free?

Hahaha...awww, I see.

The military equipment is usually donated.
It's military surplus and I have no problem with cities having an armored vehicle.
Why should the police put themselves in danger when an armored vehicle can breach doors with no risk of loss of life?

I'll help you:

So once again I ask you...is Police "reform" just a big general term that you trot out when you have no specifics or do you have an actual plan to make the Police better?

I'll help you:

OK...I just went back and reread the string thinking I missed your explanation of how defunding should be done and the only thing you mentioned was not having the Police spend money on military equipment. I think if you'll check you'll find that the vast majority of "military" equipment that the Police have received have been given to them free of charge by the Federal Government! I'm a bit confused on how you "defund" something that's already free?

"Free" as in taxpayer money? Stop it.

Some low life politician sticks into a bill the Federal government purchasing 6000 of this or that. The military doesn't need it but the politician needs to show him bringing back some bacon. Then 500 unused items get sent to local police.

Stop it.

Hahaha...awww, I see.

The military equipment is usually donated.
It's military surplus and I have no problem with cities having an armored vehicle.
Why should the police put themselves in danger when an armored vehicle can breach doors with no risk of loss of life?

Providing police with military gear does not reduce crime or protect officers: Studies

I already posted this. Did you read it?

Forum List

Back