Leftists, you AGREE that it's good for govt. officials to lie and commit crime to get Trump...

A president receiving personal gain from a foreign government is the definition of emollients.

So you're saying that, even if it's clear that Biden engaged in corruption in Ukraine, it's a crime for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate because Biden is running for president. Right?

In other words, if Jared Kushner runs for president sometime in the future and it's evident that he engaged in corruption in another country and at the expense of the American people, Democratic leadership could not call on that country to investigate what Kushner did because he's a candidate for president, right?

Yet when Biden told them to check with the president, he made it clear it's what he wanted. Is that your new claim? That Obama did that for Biden's son's benefit?

Ok, so it's your believe that Obama was hung up on some no-name prosecutor in freaking Ukraine and that Joe Biden had NO PROBLEM with the fact that said prosecutor was investigating the company with whom Hunter Biden was working, right? LOL. You'll bend and contort anything to avoid the obvious, unpleasant truth.

A president receiving personal gain from a foreign government is the definition of emollients.

So the president asking another country to investigate possible crimes and corruption by a previous government official violates the emoluments clause IF said former official is running for president, right?

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

You mean the crap you make up about Democrats?

Clinton's email server in the Ukraine? Bullshit conspiricy theory.

What did I say with regard to "Clinton's email server in the Ukraine"?

So you're saying that, even if it's clear that Biden engaged in corruption in Ukraine, it's a crime for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate because Biden is running for president. Right?

In other words, if Jared Kushner runs for president sometime in the future and it's evident that he engaged in corruption in another country and at the expense of the American people, Democratic leadership could not call on that country to investigate what Kushner did because he's a candidate for president, right?

Biden didn't engage in corruption dumb ass. I understand that you are trying to claim that happened to give cover for Trump's extortion of Ukraine to help his political campaign, but it's not working.

Yet when Biden told them to check with the president, he made it clear it's what he wanted. Is that your new claim? That Obama did that for Biden's son's benefit?

Ok, so it's your believe that Obama was hung up on some no-name prosecutor in freaking Ukraine and that Joe Biden had NO PROBLEM with the fact that said prosecutor was investigating the company with whom Hunter Biden was working, right? LOL. You'll bend and contort anything to avoid the obvious, unpleasant truth.

Obama, as well as all the other countries involved were hung up on that one prosecutor who had a long history of corruption and taking bribes.

So the president asking another country to investigate possible crimes and corruption by a previous government official violates the emoluments clause IF said former official is running for president, right?

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

So make the case that trump would be so concerned if his target wasn't his political opponent. or that he made similar demands on China to investigate his political opponent. The timing alone makes Trump's actions questionable.

Biden didn't engage in corruption dumb ass. I understand that you are trying to claim that happened to give cover for Trump's extortion of Ukraine to help his political campaign, but it's not working.

How do you know that Joe Biden (or Hunter) didn't engage in corruption in Ukraine? If Joe and Hunter are as pure as the wind-driven snow, then I would think that all would welcome an investigation to demonstrate their purity.

In any event, you dodged a simple question and then called me a name, which is the usual tactic of leftists when they can't argue rationally and that's why, outside of this thread and threads like there, I have you on "ignore".

Obama, as well as all the other countries involved were hung up on that one prosecutor who had a long history of corruption and taking bribes.

Ok, so you'll accept at face-value that the Ukraine prosecutor was engaged in corruption but you're SURE that Hunter Biden's lucrative employment in Ukraine was just a freak coincidence and had NOTHING to do with the fact that his dad was V.P. of the U.S. and helped Ukraine get $1 Billion, right?

How do you know that Joe Biden (or Hunter) didn't engage in corruption in Ukraine? If Joe and Hunter are as pure as the wind-driven snow, then I would think that all would welcome an investigation to demonstrate their purity.

In any event, you dodged a simple question and then called me a name, which is the usual tactic of leftists when they can't argue rationally and that's why, outside of this thread and threads like there, I have you on "ignore".

There is no reason to believe they engaged in corruption. The claim is just Trump's unethical strategy against his political opponent.

So make the case that trump would be so concerned if his target wasn't his political opponent. or that he made similar demands on China to investigate his political opponent. The timing alone makes Trump's actions questionable.

I believe that ALL cases of possible corruption should be investigated. On the contrary, you are the one that only wants to investigate and prosecute Republicans but are more than happy to give Democrats a pass.

On another note, the Chinese are not about to help the U.S. uncover possible corruption by Joe and his son. Undoubtedly, they're hopeful that Joe wins the election so that they can win the trade war. And if Hunter Biden was indeed engaged in corruption, the Chinese could blackmail President Biden. You would be fine with all of that, of course. As long as a Democrat is in the White House, you'll tolerate anything.

There is no reason to believe they engaged in corruption. The claim is just Trump's unethical strategy against his political opponent.

I think it's HIGHLY likely that Ukraine got the $1 BILLION with the condition that Hunter Biden would get a sweet and lucrative gig.

An ethical vice-president would have asked his son to avoid employment possibilities that might give the appearance of impropriety. Of course, Joe Biden isn't ethical at all. He's another corrupt crook and liar. The Obama Administration was the most corrupt in American history, and you supported them and defend them to this day.

Ok, so you'll accept at face-value that the Ukraine prosecutor was engaged in corruption but you're SURE that Hunter Biden's lucrative employment in Ukraine was just a freak coincidence and had NOTHING to do with the fact that his dad was V.P. of the U.S. and helped Ukraine get $1 Billion, right?

There is documentation that the Ukraine prosecutor was, and had been guilty of corruption, and his removal had been discussed at other levels before Biden's remarks. Trump's recent accusations only appear in the lead up to next year's elections. If you want to talk about freak coincidences, lets talk about the appointment of people like Devoss or Perry into cabinet positions they know nothing about.

There is documentation that the Ukraine prosecutor was, and had been guilty of corruption, and his removal had been discussed at other levels before Biden's remarks. Trump's recent accusations only appear in the lead up to next year's elections. If you want to talk about freak coincidences, lets talk about the appointment of people like Devoss or Perry into cabinet positions they know nothing about.

So you're telling me that, had Joe Biden NOT been in office and if the U.S. had NOT given $1 BILLION to Ukraine, Hunter Biden would still have gotten the lucrative job that he got, right?

I think it's HIGHLY likely that Ukraine got the $1 BILLION with the condition that Hunter Biden would get a sweet and lucrative gig.

An ethical vice-president would have asked his son to avoid employment possibilities that might give the appearance of impropriety. Of course, Joe Biden isn't ethical at all. He's another corrupt crook and liar. The Obama Administration was the most corrupt in American history, and you supported them and defend them to this day.

There was no appearance of impropriety. That claim wasn't even considered until Biden Became Trump's political opponent. Can you show a single reference to that claim before Trump started whining about it?

So you're telling me that, had Joe Biden NOT been in office and if the U.S. had NOT given $1 BILLION to Ukraine, Hunter Biden would still have gotten the lucrative job that he got, right?

No idea. I do know he had no less knowledge about the business than the other members of the board did.

There was no appearance of impropriety. That claim wasn't even considered until Biden Became Trump's political opponent. Can you show a single reference to that claim before Trump started whining about it?

There's a shitload appearance of "impropriety". It just came up recently because a new president was elected in Ukraine, a president that has promised to root out corruption.

Just be honest. Admit it. You don't want an investigation because you're afraid that it might demonstrate that Joe Biden and son Hunter were engaged in corruption.

Forum List

Back