Leftists, you AGREE that it's good for govt. officials to lie and commit crime to get Trump...

In it, Trump talks about Ukraine not reciprocating generous American aid...

It's absolutely appropriate for the president to ask or even demand cooperation from foreign nations in exchange for aid.

Do you remember when huge sums of money was flowing into the Clinton Foundation when Hillary was passing out political favors to foreign powers? Yes, I remember your outrage.

Do you remember when the Clinton Foundation was audited, and all the money was shown to be spent properly while NONE of it went to the Clintons?

it is ILEGAL to solicit political contributions from other countries...

LOL. Yea, I remember your outrage when Bill was giving $600K speeches in foreign nations while Hillary was SOS.

Asking another nation to investigate potential crimes and corruption by a former government official is not equivalent to "soliciting a political contribution". You and your political masters are spinning it that way to justify action against Trump.

....like investigating president’s personal political opponents with his personal PR lawyer. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter. Trump is the president. Guliani is his lawyer.

Because you are a clueless moron and don’t quite grasp the implications of what you are saying.

According to your logic Trump could’ve asked Ukraine to work with his henchmen to murder Biden and it would have been a-ok by you.

Soliciting political campaign contributions is OF COURSE improper and ILLEGAL under American Campaign laws.

Correct. Foreigners are not permitted to make financial contributions to the political campaigns of Americans.

Because you are a clueless moron.

When your argument goes south, as it usually does, this is your typical retort. You have no argument. You cannot reasonably argue that Trump did anything illegal or unethical with regard to Ukraine. The good news, for you, is that you'll only have to tolerate Trump for another 5+ years. Enjoy.

Soliciting political campaign contributions is OF COURSE improper and ILLEGAL under American Campaign laws.

Correct. Foreigners are not permitted to make financial contributions to the political campaigns of Americans.

You made up the word “financial”, that’s not what the law states.

the real word is MATERIAL contributions, which investigation of political opponent would certainly qualify as.

And for fuck’s sakes, Trumps chief of staff who held up funds to Ukraine at his request DIRECTLY ADMITTED QUID-PRO-QUO in the presser.

So it's your view that, when the U.S. provides aid to another country, it should come with "no strings attached" and no expectation that they do anything for us, right?

the real word is MATERIAL contributions, which investigation of political opponent would certainly qualify as.

That's the way the courts interpret it. Show me where anyone has ever been convicted on another type of "contribution".

it is ILEGAL to solicit political contributions from other countries...

LOL. Yea, I remember your outrage when Bill was giving $600K speeches in foreign nations while Hillary was SOS.

Asking another nation to investigate potential crimes and corruption by a former government official is not equivalent to "soliciting a political contribution". You and your political masters are spinning it that way to justify action against Trump.

And he is still giving $600k speeches and she isn't SOS. Seems like your theory turns out to be bullshit.

No, the lies & cheating to get or keep ANY political party's in power is what has torn our nation apart. A dear friend of mine who hears to much Rush is worried about a civil war.& THAT is about as crazy as it can get.

If and when people unjustly remove the duly-elected president from office, it is indeed time to take up arms and begin removing the perpetrators.

That's the way the courts interpret it. Show me where anyone has ever been convicted on another type of "contribution".

Like I said, you are clueless. A number of people were found in violation of campaign laws for non-financial contributions, including Cohen btw. who was buying up silence(in itself a non financial contribution) from Trump’s fuck-dolls

According to your logic Trump could’ve asked Ukraine to work with his henchmen to murder Biden and it would have been a-ok by you.

No, I would condemn Trump for such a thing and I would call for his impeachment and prosecution.

Like I said, you are clueless.

Nope. Again, show me where any candidate has ever been charged for accepting "campaign assistance" that wasn't financial. Are you going to provide an example to back your claim or should I anticipate more insults?

And for fuck’s sakes, Trumps chief of staff who held up funds to Ukraine at his request DIRECTLY ADMITTED QUID-PRO-QUO in the presser.

So it's your view that, when the U.S. provides aid to another country, it should come with "no strings attached" and no expectation that they do anything for us, right?

What Trump asked wasn't for us. It was for him, and his political campaign.

No, the lies & cheating to get or keep ANY political party's in power is what has torn our nation apart. A dear friend of mine who hears to much Rush is worried about a civil war.& THAT is about as crazy as it can get.

If and when people unjustly remove the duly-elected president from office, it is indeed time to take up arms and begin removing the perpetrators.

Nothing unjust about Trump being held responsible for his actions.

No, I would condemn Trump for such a thing and I would call for his impeachment and prosecution.

And equally you should condemn him for abusing the vast powers of his office he was entrusted with to go after his political opposition.

It’s pure swamp and we should not let it become normalized, because guess what, next time it will be Democrat going after Republicans.

And equally you should condemn him for abusing the vast powers of his office to go after his political opposition.

No matter how many times you try to spin it, it is not an "abuse of office" to ask another nation to look into potential crime and corruption by a former government official. Why is it your view that, if a former government official runs for office, they should be immune from investigation? And why are you opposed to Ukraine looking into the matter to see if there is any direct evidence of corruption?

Forum List

Back