Legalized Theft and Confiscation of Guns: Progressives, Explain?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Legalized Theft of Guns

An anti-freedom policy has been spreading across United States police departments, the legalized theft of citizens guns.

Recently, it occurred in Georgia. I am not talking about forfeiture laws. They are related but have been covered elsewhere.

This is a problem in many urban areas, and it is spreading. The policy is to impound guns, in extreme cases, all guns that officers come across, whether involved in any crime or not, then to refuse to return the guns until a judge issues an order to return them. As the attorney fees needed to obtain a court order can easily be 10 times what the gun is worth, most people do not bother.

Last edited:
Civilization = shared responsibility. A agreement to work together as a society for production of goods.

We pay taxes so we can have roads, electric lines and defense. This is what civilization is...If you don't like it then become a hunter gather in a mountain somewhere.

Civilization = shared responsibility. A agreement to work together as a society for production of goods.

We pay taxes so we can have roads, electric lines and defense. This is what civilization is...If you don't like it then become a hunter gather in a mountain somewhere.
Does this statement have anything to do with the OP Matthew? Are you the new definer of what liberty is for an individual?

Most states have small claims courts where there is no attorney required, all you have to do is sue there for the value of the gun plus cost, because the constitution requires the government pay you fair market value for property taken or return of the property plus cost. It's a less expensive route to a court order.

WTF does this have to do with the topic?

Mmmm,

Society is measuring rather we need to restrict guns to some people. That is what it has to do with the topic.

I support guns but I wouldn't allow a monster the ability to get a ar-15.

They dont care about the Constitution. Not the 2A. Not the "Takings" clause. None of it.
Except the Fifth. They're big on that.

Mmmm,

Society is measuring rather we need to restrict guns to some people. That is what it has to do with the topic.

How is a law abiding citizen who purchased his gun legally a monster?

Mmmm,

How is a law abiding citizen who purchased his gun legally a monster?
Only if government says so...and with ObamaCare? Doctors can underhandedly ask if someone has guns...and then what's to stop them from diagnosing schizo, or some other mental malady that might make a patient prone to use the weapon, and be reported to authorities?

Mmmm,

this does nothing to stop a monster from getting an AR-15, its basically saying a person cant have a bolt action .22 that can shoot more than 5 shots.

Its like me trying to catch a murder by putting you in prison instead.

Legalized Theft of Guns

An anti-freedom policy has been spreading across United States police departments, the legalized theft of citizens guns.

Recently, it occurred in Georgia. I am not talking about forfeiture laws. They are related but have been covered elsewhere.

This is a problem in many urban areas, and it is spreading. The policy is to impound guns, in extreme cases, all guns that officers come across, whether involved in any crime or not, then to refuse to return the guns until a judge issues an order to return them. As the attorney fees needed to obtain a court order can easily be 10 times what the gun is worth, most people do not bother.

Try reading the laws instead of the propaganda from radically biased sites.

These people were arrested with a gun involved and their gun went into holding which happens any time you are arrested.

When you are under arrest, you are now the property of the state and you have no right to carry a gun into a police station or jail. Once their crimes are resolved, the arms are given back.

True. And in a civilized society, the legalized theft of private property by the state cannot be tolerated.

Forum List

Back