Lesbian Wedding Blues

Marriage celebrations are so overblown. If I did it again I wouldn't do the church thing nor the reception after. It's selfish. Just sign the papers good enough. It's an institution that is meaning less and less.

Did you scream foul when the restaurant booted Sarah Sanders and her family out because she was the White House press secretary under Trump?
I told you this.....

I think a business owner has a right to deal with who they want and those they don't. That said, there are conditions. You willing to hear them?

If I knew the entire story, I'd have a better idea of how the situation was handled.

Did the Sanders family disrupt in any way? If not, I would have no reason to throw them out. Just like if a gay couple sat to eat, and they made no disruptions, I would have no reason to throw them out.

The Cake Bakery Owner, that's different.
Someone comes in and demands to have two men fucking each other as their cake decoration, then I should be able to say NO.

I told you this.....

I think a business owner has a right to deal with who they want and those they don't. That said, there are conditions. You willing to hear them?

If I knew the entire story, I'd have a better idea of how the situation was handled.

Did the Sanders family disrupt in any way? If not, I would have no reason to throw them out. Just like if a gay couple sat to eat, and they made no disruptions, I would have no reason to throw them out.

The Cake Bakery Owner, that's different.
Someone comes in and demands to have two men fucking each other as their cake decoration, then I should be able to say NO.
In this case, the lesbians rented the barn. No problem. The owners said they were happy to comply with the law, but would not attend or participate. The lesbians canceled. I don't know why the attendance of total strangers at a wedding is so important.

In this case, the lesbians rented the barn. No problem. The owners said they were happy to comply with the law, but would not attend or participate. The lesbians canceled. I don't know why the attendance of total strangers at a wedding is so important.

Those two who rented the barn were troublemakers....trying to provoke, wanting to cause problems.

Morons in other words.

Marriage celebrations are so overblown. If I did it again I wouldn't do the church thing nor the reception after. It's selfish. Just sign the papers good enough. It's an institution that is meaning less and less.
Everything reminds me of something, and this does too

Former US Education Secretary William Bennett attended a contemporary wedding where the bride and groom pledged in their vows to remain together, ‘As long as love shall last.’ Bennett said, ‘I sent them paper plates as a wedding gift.’

(1) I wish those two young ladies a wonderful wedding (at another venue that is more welcoming and deserving of their money).

(2) As an 86-year-old, I am reminded each morning on which I happen to wake up that life is very short.

(3) So I hope those young ladies have found the right person with whom to grow old together.

Everything reminds me of something, and this does too

Former US Education Secretary William Bennett attended a contemporary wedding where the bride and groom pledged in their vows to remain together, ‘As long as love shall last.’ Bennett said, ‘I sent them paper plates as a wedding gift.’
They say half of all weddings end in divorce

That means the other half give you a relationship that lasts a lifetime

If you don’t approve of the couple using your wedding venue….you just keep your mouth shut

Same situation applies to mix race couples, interfaith couples, couples getting remarried.

Do they send letters to other couples they don’t approve of?

Forum List

Back