🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Less people are dining out

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
This is not surprising as food prices are incredibly high. I eat at home most of the time.

Buy and cook your own has usually been cheaper, and by half as much most times.
Huge jump in food prices, at the grocery store and in the restaurant supply chains, along with large increase in minimum wage in many places are the major drivers. They have accelerated significantly in past few years due to huge inflation jumps under Biden regime.

Excerpt examples;
"A new TikTok video is gaining attention. User @quill_chaser highlighted Burger King's price hikes. In a clip from May 31, they show an old Burger King coupon. “Look at this. $8.99 coupon for Whopper for meal for two. May first 2022, and now it’s $14.99. That is a huge jump, in two years. Literally, two years.” "

"FinanceBuzz data shows Burger King has managed price increases better than McDonald’s. While McDonald’s prices have doubled since 2014, Burger King's have risen by 55%. However, the Whopper meal's price has jumped by 73%, from $5.79 in 2014 to $9.99 in 2024."

This is not surprising as food prices are incredibly high. I eat at home most of the time.

Your link is from 2018.
Six years out of date.
Trends are worse.

It isn't just food prices that keep people out of the restaurants but declining service, atmosphere and food quality as well.

Dining out is more expensive - more expensive than it even appears to be. Basic menu prices are higher by at least 20%, beverage prices are higher, and you are presumed to be tipping at least 20%. That is, calculate 20% then round UP. Overall, eating out is about 40% more than it was pre-pandemic.

But I'm worth it. Haven't changed my eating habits, and I don't fret about it. Fortunately, it's only money.

I've lived with food sensitivities for a long time -- if I didn't cook it, I generally don't eat it. Makes it easier to live with changes that are giving folks such a hard time with right now.

Wishing you all luck.

Imagine how people will stay put when ( State Sponsored Saboteurs start Attacks ) ( The Migrant Crime Tsunami hits ) ( Far Left & Left Civil Unrest Ramps up )

You do realize tRump was nominally in charge when the link was posted, right?

Went to BK the other day, the Whopper Jr. Is now the circumference of a sand dollar...

Yes, I can appreciate how difficult it is for businesses right now because they're dealing with high prices for overhead, raw materials, maintenance, transportation, etc. etc. etc. too. But they seriously err when they insult the intelligence of their customers when they ridiculously downsize, cut corners, reduce quality and quantity and think nobody will notice.

When we moved here in 2007 we could get live Maine Lobster at the lobster shack down on the main road for $2.99 a pound....there was some kind of lobster wars going on with Canada's lobster men. God Bless the warring! 😀 I think we bought Lobster once a week, sometimes two each! They boiled them at the shack for us, and I cooked baked or boiled potatoes and Corn on the cob and made a salad, and melted the butter at home when Matt went to pick them up.... Yummy yummy yummy!

It went up to $3.99 a couple of years later to then $4.99 for a while and up to $5.99/6.99 before COVID.

THE shack has lobster at $8.99 a pound this year, but my grocery store has live lobster for $7.99 a pound and also will boil them for you, so Matt and I had Lobster Memorial Day weekend for the first time this year, and I made all the other easy fixings....it was kinda like eating take out cuz the lobster was cooked...

But it cost less than us eating at McDonalds for dinner, one day the previous week!!! No more McDs for us all summer!!! We made a pack that every time we we wanted to do fast food at McDs, we would get Lobster instead!!! I can't wait! 😁

McDonalds has lost its way....and has forgotten who their customer is....!!!!

Forum List

Back